?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Muzz on August 17, 2009, 02:45:24 PM
If Brown goes I would say he wont be replaced.  Neither will Hinkel.

Caddis or Wilson will take the right back slot...Donati and N'Guemo seemed to have mid-field sorted for the SPL at least.

If anything they could use the money in January to sign N'Guemo.

Option on N'Guemo is only going to cost the club £1.5 million if they decide to take him. Good business.
Tbc....

ONeill

I'd settle for 1-7 with Eduardo netting 4.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Wenger - We can deal with Celtic atmosphere

By Chris Harris

Arsène Wenger is confident that Arsenal can handle the "special" atmosphere that awaits them at Parkhead on Tuesday night.

The Frenchman and his squad fly to Glasgow on Monday afternoon for the first leg of their vital Champions League tie with Celtic. Arsenal are the bookmakers' favourites to win over two legs and take their place in the group stage for a 12th consecutive season, but the Scottish giants proved their own European credentials with an impressive victory at Dinamo Moscow in the previous qualifying round.

Arsenal can expect a hot reception when they kick off in front of a sell-out 58,000 crowd tomorrow. Rangers' noisy travelling support at the Emirates Cup gave Wenger a taste of what to expect and he knows his players must cope with fired-up fans as well as fired-up opponents. But the manager has seen his team prevail at the Bernabeu, the San Siro and the Stadio Olimpico in recent seasons and he believes those experiences will hold Arsenal in good stead.

"You expect a massive support at Celtic," admitted Wenger.

"Scotland is always a very special atmosphere, a special noise in the stands. But we have played everywhere in Europe and we can deal with that. It will be down to us and how well we play.

"We don't go into this game with fear. We go with respect for Celtic, but we know it is a very important game for us and we want to come home with a positive result.

"I always prepare my team first with determination and not with fear. We have played everywhere and have good experience in the Champions League. But every game is different and we know what we will face on Tuesday night – a very determined Celtic team with quality."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

I watched the Goons ripped apart at Anfield in 2008, they simply couldn't cope and defend a 2 all draw in the dying minutes which would have seen them through to the semi final.

As Alan Brazil said yesterday, better teams than Arsenal have come to Celtic Park in the Champions League and left with their tails between their legs. The Goons are going to find out that Celtic Park is alive and kicking unlike the sleepy Haemorrhoids.

DennistheMenace

Would love to see Celtic beat Arsenal and their best chances are from set plays as I don't think they'll see much of the ball.

Expecting Arsenal to win over the two legs (with a facile win in Laandon) but hopefully I'm wrong.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2009, 03:36:18 PM
I watched the Goons ripped apart at Anfield in 2008, they simply couldn't cope and defend a 2 all draw in the dying minutes which would have seen them through to the semi final.

As Alan Brazil said yesterday, better teams than Arsenal have come to Celtic Park in the Champions League and left with their tails between their legs. The Goons are going to find out that Celtic Park is alive and kicking unlike the sleepy Haemorrhoids.

Who have these better teams been? Juventus, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona? Celtic may have beaten them, but they dont have the players now that they did then - Larsson, Sutton, Hartson, Thompson, Agathe and more who were all playing out of their skin for M'ON.

Hard to know what to make of tomorrow night. Arsenal could destroy Celtic but would like to see a Celtic win.

lfdown2

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 17, 2009, 06:20:24 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 17, 2009, 03:36:18 PM

Who have these better teams been? Juventus, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona? Celtic may have beaten them, but they dont have the players now that they did then - Larsson, Sutton, Hartson, Thompson, Agathe and more who were all playing out of their skin for M'ON.

Hard to know what to make of tomorrow night. Arsenal could destroy Celtic but would like to see a Celtic win.

ac milan and man u in the last few years without the players you mention

T Fearon

Anyone going tonight? Would love to be there.

Ging over on Saturday to St Johnstone game and if they do well tonight the buzz will still be there on Saturday

illdecide

Jasus lads its very hard to know what game to expext tonight!!! Mugga said he doesn't have the players to knock it into Arsenal the way Bolton & Blackburn can do it, so if we try to play football again Arsenal will we be taken to the cleaners!!! or what way will he try and counteract Arsenal...There's no getting away from the fact that Arsenal would blow us out of the water if we went toe to toe with them so what does Mugga do?   Should be interesting but i love when Celtic are massive underdogs in a game (especially at paradise) we usually shock a few people with a result
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Jezuz lads, Arsenal are a better team then us of course, but to hear people on here talk, you'd think the game was Fanad Utd v Man Utd!!!
Arsenal like any other team are beatable, granted we poss could get humped, but we could also beat them (at home at least) - Celtic's biggest advantage for this game is the fact that we are total underdogs, with very little expected in terms of getting a win, the team have a hell of a lot less pressure on their shoulders then Arsenal will have.

We have nothing to lose.

Starting to get excited.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Main Street

QuoteMugga said he doesn't have the players to knock it into Arsenal the way Bolton & Blackburn can do it, so if we try to play football again Arsenal will we be taken to the cleaners!!! or what way will he try and counteract Arsenal

All the same, I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of a few cunning Scott Brown tackles.

T Fearon

The biggest shame is that Celtic are underdogs against anyone never mind Arsenal. Back in the day before money took over Celtic would not have been underdogs against anyone and would have had a genuine 50/50 chance against any club in the world.

For those of us of a certain age it is a crying shame that we aspire to match the likes of Bolton and Blackburn and knock the goons out of their stride

Rav67

Can't see Arsenal 'pumping' Celtic - not in this leg anyhow.  Arsenal would happily take a draw as they will be confident of winning comfortably at the Emirates.  That will inevitably have an impact on the game they play.  Despite this being between two attacking sides I expect a 0-0 or a 1-1.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 02:08:22 PM
The biggest shame is that Celtic are underdogs against anyone never mind Arsenal. Back in the day before money took over Celtic would not have been underdogs against anyone and would have had a genuine 50/50 chance against any club in the world.

For those of us of a certain age it is a crying shame that we aspire to match the likes of Bolton and Blackburn and knock the goons out of their stride

quite true Tony...I remember watching Celtic v Ajax in 1981 or 82 (can't remember) the match was 2-2 and my first Celtic game and we were a match for anyone...roll on Forest, Leeds etc and we feared no-one. Infact Celtic's opponents dreaded coming to Glasgow but it's a different story now with the lack of money we just can't compepte anymore, but thats not to say we still can't beat the best on our own patch...like i said earlier...i love it when we're the underdogs and nothings expected of us ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: illdecide on August 18, 2009, 02:18:19 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 02:08:22 PM

quite true Tony...I remember watching Celtic v Ajax in 1981 or 82 (can't remember) the match was 2-2 and my first Celtic game and we were a match for anyone...roll on Forest, Leeds etc and we feared no-one. Infact Celtic's opponents dreaded coming to Glasgow but it's a different story now with the lack of money we just can't compepte anymore, but thats not to say we still can't beat the best on our own patch...like i said earlier...i love it when we're the underdogs and nothings expected of us ;)
Being the underdogs can be a blessing though as Arsenal are like Kerry at the moment and, to be honest, neither of them are as good as they are cracked up to be. I can see Celtic winning this and Meath beating Kerry by a point. McGeady to have a blinder.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?