?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on July 29, 2009, 11:06:20 PM
disappointing result after such a promising pre-season but i wouldnt rule out celtic winning 1-0 away and then winning on penalties. have to win away at some point!
its the away record IN the group stages of the CL is the problem.
Celtic won 3-1 away toAjax in MON's first campaign if you remember correctly.

I blame strachan ,as his ineptitude as manager has foisted the qualifying stages of CL upon Celtic and mowbray when he is still only settling into the job.
At least Strachan had a stong combative side to pick up and use from MON.
Mowbray has had to start from a lot lower down.
If Celtic had won last seasons league then I'd say they would have given a good account of themselves inthe CL.
Still have a chance, but its gonna be tough.

Main Street

Couldn't get to watch it or even listen to it.
There is a big difference between beating a team at a similar stage of preseason like Ajax and beating a team, who are in mid season, on their own turf. Good result for the Russians but Celtic still have every chance in the away leg.

Strachan had his moments, like the 2 games against Spartak.

Clown

are we out of europe altogether if we dont turn this around or do we go into the europa league?

clarshack

Quote from: Clown on July 30, 2009, 10:28:06 AM
are we out of europe altogether if we dont turn this around or do we go into the europa league?

think i read somewhere that it would be the qualifying stages of the europa league.

AAAA

Quote from: clarshack on July 30, 2009, 10:48:06 AM
Quote from: Clown on July 30, 2009, 10:28:06 AM

think i read somewhere that it would be the qualifying stages of the europa league.

Yeah 4th round qualifier of europa league i think

the colonel

Was at the game, crowd stated great but obviously got deflated when the goal was scored. Serious amount of chances. N'Guemo was best man on the pitch. I thought they were minging and I think we will beat them out there. Our guys ran out of steam so another weeks training will help.

Thought it was strange bringing Fox on and putting Maloney into the middle, especially with Crosas on the bench
the difference between success and failure is energy

Clown

Who was the captain last night and what was the attendance?

the colonel

I think Caldwell was captain. I'd say attendance was about the 55,000 mark
the difference between success and failure is energy

Archie Mitchell

T Fearon

Well anyone optimistic for tomorrow night? It's hard to be and the bookies have Celtic at 11/4 to win the game.

Can anyone really see Celtic winning this game?

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2009, 02:55:33 PM
Well anyone optimistic for tomorrow night? It's hard to be and the bookies have Celtic at 11/4 to win the game.

Can anyone really see Celtic winning this game?

anything is possible T but i doubt it very much, i always think back the the Ajax match but that was a long time ago and our away form is brutal (hopefully Mugga will change that), they are much to sharp and match fit for us at the minute and the last 20 mins could be bad for us tomorrow night :(

But it's only 1-0 and there is def an outside chance...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Lads who is showing this match tonight and am i right in saying it's at 5:00pm
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

BBC2 Scotland. Avialble on the digital channel if you have satellite.

Also see to-day in the Irish News that Setanta Ireland are inviting subscriptions and are showing this game, but this channel is not available in the occupied 6 counties as far as I understand?

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: T Fearon on August 05, 2009, 09:34:46 AM
BBC2 Scotland. Avialble on the digital channel if you have satellite.

Also see to-day in the Irish News that Setanta Ireland are inviting subscriptions and are showing this game, but this channel is not available in the occupied 6 counties as far as I understand?

can you get bbc2 through sky just?
"Swing er over!"