?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

What was Tony's first team preference?
Was the Spurs shirt worn under the Celtic shirt, or vice versa?

clarshack

compared to the last few years celtic seemed a lot more pacey yesterday. samaras scored some goal taking it from inside his own half - under strachan he would have fallen over himself as soon as he got the ball. i know its only pre-season but from i've seen so far it's now obvious that strachan had put the shackles on quite a few players. FFS even donati looks like a different player.

Main Street

McGeady sounds a happier camper.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Wembley-win-fuels-Mowbray-hopes.5495142.jp

"I have liked it so far," the winger said of the former Hibs manager's approach. "He comes across as a good guy, with good morals and all that, and the coaching staff have been great. He likes to get his points across in training and I think all the boys have been very, very happy so far."

Describing his suspension by a manager with which he endured a major personality clash as the "low point" of his career, he dodged the question of whether it was avoidable.

"I could say it was avoidable, but everything is avoidable if you look at it from that sense," he said. It just wasn't avoidable the way it panned out.

"It was just one of those things that happens. It's not just me it has happened to, but many players in the past and I'm sure it will happen many times in the future. I'm looking to learn from that. You've got to take a positive from every negative."

Tommy Tight Lips

saw the highlights last night,celtic played some neat stuff for what was largely a 2nd string side,although spurs did miss a few sitters.was speakn to a guy that was at the game,said mccourt was magic.the run he went on from near the half way line,beat 4 or 5 men and just put it past the post was brilliant,unlucky and a typical mccourt type run,if he had scored it would have been shown several times yesterday and today on skysports.com.
he seemed to be playing in a fairly central role although i still think hes best on the wing as his defensive capabilities to be playing in the central could be a bit suspect.if he can stay clear of injury and thats a big if i really think he could be first choice back up to mcgeady and maloney who most likely will be the first choice wide men.i think he'' get a fair crack of the whip with mowbray as mowbray after all tried to take him from derry city to west brom

Doogie Browser

I had forgot that Mowbray tried to sign McCourt for the Baggies, so he might get a chance this season.  His dribble was great but the finish was typical Paddy!  Would have been a nice one to score though, all he had to do was hit the target as Spurs have no keepers, Cudicini was hopeless for them at the weekend. 

T Fearon

Just booked my ticket (half way line) for the St Johnstone league game, having secured the return flights for only 4 euros it means the flights and match ticket cost less than £30! ;D

T Fearon

Did you know also that Celtic's U14 side beat Linfield/IFA's U14 side 4-1 on penalties,in the Foyle Cup Final at the weekend as well! ;D

If their U14 side can take Celtic's to extra time and penalties in a Cup Final, perhaps Linflield/IFA should ahve fielded their entire U14 side in their recent Europa League game :D

the colonel

celtic had 10 regulars missing in that u14 foyle cup apparently and were fielding trialists and younger players
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2009, 03:48:14 PM
Just booked my ticket (half way line) for the St Johnstone league game, having secured the return flights for only 4 euros it means the flights and match ticket cost less than £30! ;D

which airline, am prob going to that game myself

T Fearon

Ryanair, first flight out of Dublin (to Prestwick) that morning and last home the same evening

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2009, 05:00:08 PM
Ryanair, first flight out of Dublin (to Prestwick) that morning and last home the same evening

Jasus Tony i'll have my sister set you up with Tea and sandwhiches on your arrival (she lives in Prestwick) :P

Just as a matter of interest lads, when you guys fly into Prestwick what transport do you use to get to Glasgow (car/train/bus as it's about 40 mins)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the colonel

train that goes from prestwick to Glasgow central station, if you show your boarding card you get your ticket for half price which is about £3. Train goes straight from airport. couldnt beat it
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

I use the trains too

Looks like I'll be flying into edinburgh, getting the train across and then flying home form prestwick or maybe edinburgh.

roughly 100 euro

Rav67

Was strange to see McCourt in a central role with Flood wide right (think Flood much prefers centre-mid), but Mowbray converted Greening when he was at West Brom and they have a lot of similar attributes.

Celtic certainly seem to be playing with a lot more freedom.  I think Celtic will dish out a lot of hammerings in the SPL this season with this attacking philosophy.

nifan

TM plays great football, his problem in the prem was he refused to change his style when his team was one of the weakest in the league.
With the best squad in the league, with the most flair players I think he will be excellent for them