Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Rav67

Anyone for the Wembley Cup or home D Moscow game?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Match on this evening at 5.15om on Sky sports.

Can't find any reports that Fox signed, only that he was at Paradise for a medical?
Tbc....

the colonel

Rav i'll be for the moscow game

if it hasnt been confirmed on the celtic website, fox musnt't have signed yet. they are usually on the ball
the difference between success and failure is energy

Main Street

Good little interview from Mobray.
Is he facing an ever bigger challenge than Strachan had?
I suppose that depends a lot on the way he goes about it.
He sounds as if he can make up his own mind about player related matters and be mature enough to be a focal point for a united squad.

lynchbhoy

think Mowbray is facing a slightly different challenge from strachan, though again its a hard one.
GS had an aging team with a lot of old players to replace.
TM has a toothless squad with a lot of demotivated and unfit set with a ot of these players losing their skill/touch from not being played/played out of position or being on the receiving ed of the ex managers huffing.

I like what mowbray says but hope that this isnt just words. However I think he does have enough to do a good job at Celtic.

illdecide

DANNY FOX completed a whirlwind 24 hours by signing for Celtic in a four-year deal on Friday and admitted he can't wait to pull on the Hoops for the first time.

The highly-rated Coventry City left-back became Tony Mowbray's third signing of the summer when he completed his move to Celtic and has already joined up with his team-mates in London.

With Celtic facing Al-Ahly tonight (Friday) and Spurs on Sunday in the Wembley Cup, Fox is expected to make his debut over the weekend and admits it's been a surreal few days.

"It's all happened so fast but I'm delighted to be here," said 23-year-old Fox. "I got a phone call on Thursday afternoon to tell me to head for Glasgow and it's all been a bit surreal.

"This is a massive move for me. I couldn't sleep on Thursday night because I was so eager to get down and meet the lads in London and I can't wait to make my debut.

"I'm a bit shellshocked, but I'm really grateful to the manager and the coaching staff for bringing me here. It's a dream come true.

"The size of Celtic speaks for itself. You have the history, the fanbase, the stadium and there's the added bonus of European football.

"I want to test myself at the highest level and there is no better place to do it than at Celtic. I'm just looking forward to getting started."

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the colonel

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

the colonel

according to other celtic forums, he's a good crosser of a ball and ping a free kick. He was in the championship team of the year last year, only 23, if all else fails, youtube him!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: the colonel on July 24, 2009, 03:11:46 PM
according to other celtic forums, he's a good crosser of a ball and ping a free kick. He was in the championship team of the year last year, only 23, if all else fails, youtube him!

Just read some of the comments on BBC 606 coventry city forum, they seem gutted at losing him especially at the price - Forest offered £2 million last week for him!!
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Impressive first half from Celtic. 2-0 up with goals from Donati and a McDonald penalty. Should have been more as Skippy missed 2 good chances and Fortun'e hit the bar.

lynchbhoy

3-0 up now
maloney scored.
Some v slick passing by Celtic.

lynchbhoy

4-0 a second goal for mcdonald. Nicely curled inside far post from just inside 18 yard box.

I think I see Tony Fearon sitting in the royal box talking to some 'minor royal' !

Archie Mitchell

Finished 5-0 with Chris Killen getting the last goal.

Some great play from Celtic, although it was only a friendly Mowbray has them playing some nice football so far anyway.

Hard to believe that that team are the most successful Egyptian team with 34 league titles and 47 cup titles as well as the most successful African team winning 15 African titles!

Archie Mitchell

Celtic win The Wembley Cup. Beat Spurs 2-0 with Killen and Samaras scoring the goals in the first half.