?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Evil Genius

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2009, 06:34:17 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2009, 04:51:45 PM
Great news. Met the great man and had a photo taken at Glasgow Airport a few months ago. Humility personified (ie Danny Mc Grain, not me!)

Having a legendary presence can only help young players to develop

Did you happen to tell him you are a Spurs fan really?
Probably not.

And McGrain never let on he's a Prod, either  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just for information.

IT'S been a busy start to his first day at work. On the wall in Tommy McIntyre and Chris McCart's office is a whiteboard, covered with the names of current players, scouting targets and imminent signings.

Since accepting the post back in April, former Scottish Football Association Head of Youth, McIntyre, has used every day off and spare minute to visit the park and Lennoxtown preparing for the official July 1 start date.

This has meant that both he and Celtic's Head of Youth, McCart have been able to hit the ground running as they make the plans for the new campaign begin in earnest.

The new Academy structure will see McIntyre take responsibility for the U19s and U17s, working directly with coaches Stevie Frail and Miodrag Krivokapic.

Elsewhere John McLaughlan will take charge of Intermediate Level, Martin Miller the Junior Academy, Brian Meehan will work as Welfare and Operations Manager, Ian Coll as Sports Science, Niam Mohammed as full-time Academy physiotherapist and Tom O'Neill in charge of scouting.

"There is a new management structure in place, new coaches at the club and I think it's an exciting time for everyone, not just for me coming into the job, but for the supporters, the staff, the players and everyone connected with it."

Tbc....

illdecide

Hartley and Dutchman leave Celtic 

Hartley and Vennegoor of Hesselink are both out of contract at Celtic
Celtic have confirmed the departures of striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and midfielder Paul Hartley.

Manager Tony Mowbray said: "I had a good long conversation with Paul. He came in to see me.

"The outcome of that is Paul won't be offered a new contract. He is free to look for other employment.

"I have had no contact with Jan. Jan is out of contract - he is free to seek other employment and I'm pretty sure that's what he will be doing."

Hartley is poised to make a decision over his own future having been offered a contract by Greek top-flight club Iraklis Saloniki.

Hearts were also interested in bringing the 32-year-old Scotland international back for a second spell at Tynecastle.

Hartley, who started his career with Hamilton and also had spells with Millwall, Raith Rovers, Hibernian and St Johnstone, had been with Celtic since 2007.

Netherlands international Vennegoor of Hesselink has been linked with moves back to his homeland.

The 30-year-old striker, who spent three seasons with Celtic, previously played for FC Twente and PSV Eindhoven.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Celtic's bid to lure Marc-Antoine Fortune has taken another twist, with the Nancy striker's team-mate Landry NGuemo set to make a switch to Glasgow after agreeing a move. And also...

Celtic defender Bobo Balde insists the club owe him more than £200,000 and has taken his case to PFA Scotland, the players' union.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Despite VOH having a poor season last year, he owes Celtic nothing. His goals the previous season, particularly in the crucial final games, won us the league and he has been a great Celtic servant all in all.

Ditto Hartley. Just wish both guys were 5 years younger but it also makes sense that they move on. We don't want to be retaining players into their late 30s like the Huns

Rav67

Hadn't realised JVOH was out of contract, was thinking we'd get maybe £2m for him this summer.  >:(

At keast the fact he's gone means Celtic will definitely have to buy a striker.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rav67 on July 03, 2009, 01:49:19 AM
Hadn't realised JVOH was out of contract, was thinking we'd get maybe £2m for him this summer.  >:(

At keast the fact he's gone means Celtic will definitely have to buy a striker.

Nah sure don't we still have Chris Killen!  ;) ;D
Tbc....

clarshack

jvoh did score some good goals against man utd and barcelona and also some vital ones during the title run in last season - it's just a pity he didnt have more pace. he'll probably go and finish his career in holland and good luck to him.

also makes sense for hartley to go as he is 32 now and dont think he has the legs for a full 90 mins.

still no talk of naylor moving on? >:(

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on July 03, 2009, 10:02:09 AM
jvoh did score some good goals against man utd and barcelona and also some vital ones during the title run in last season - it's just a pity he didnt have more pace. he'll probably go and finish his career in holland and good luck to him.

also makes sense for hartley to go as he is 32 now and dont think he has the legs for a full 90 mins.

Hartley and JVOH two good players but too old now and way too inj prone.
best of luck to them !

If naylor goes, who will play LB !

Celtic need TWO LB's

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 03, 2009, 10:43:00 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 03, 2009, 10:02:09 AM

Hartley and JVOH two good players but too old now and way too inj prone.
best of luck to them !

If naylor goes, who will play LB !

Celtic need TWO LB's

LB even when Naylor was there who was playing left back?  ;)
Tbc....

the colonel

i agree with big jan and harley going,

but think its poor taste for mowbray not even to speak to Jan and say your not being offered a contract. if heartley hadn't come seen mowbray same prob would have happened. both players deserve to be contacted first rather then having to come in and ask the questions
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

maybe that did happen and maybe it didnt, I know that you cant believe all you read in the press esp where it comes to the actual events of goings on between players and managers etc !

the colonel

mowbray himself said he never spoke to jan and heartley came into him.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8130972.stm

Kinda getting pissed off at the way this eejit has messed the club about.
Wouldn't be too annoyed if we didn't bother signing him at all.
Tbc....