Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the colonel

i think brunt is a cracking player, anti NI bias maybe being held against him. To be honest i think his value would have went up after the year he's had
the difference between success and failure is energy

High Wide and Handsome

where did this brunt speculation come from> have i missed something?
"Swing er over!"

nifan

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on June 23, 2009, 03:54:27 PM

Tony Mowbry having been his manager after buying him with west brom I assume.

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: nifan on June 23, 2009, 03:56:07 PM
Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on June 23, 2009, 03:54:27 PM

Tony Mowbry having been his manager after buying him with west brom I assume.

riteo cos i have read nothin of the sort on net or in papers!
"Swing er over!"

Clown

i wudnt b in favour of signing any west brom players

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: Clown on June 23, 2009, 04:06:46 PM
i wudnt b in favour of signing any west brom players

i no. its celtic going into the usual trap of buyin very avg players who are capable of only championship football
"Swing er over!"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the colonel on June 23, 2009, 03:40:13 PM
i think brunt is a cracking player, anti NI bias maybe being held against him. To be honest i think his value would have went up after the year he's had
however 'good' brunt or mccourt or mcginn or a good few others might be (I include wilson, caldwell, naylor etc in that)
they are not nearly good enough for a team that expects to win its league and most def not good enough if that team expects to compete in the cl.
cut priced second rate players are never going to be good enough and if this is what Celtic continue to buy then they cant complain if they dont win their league and dont see past qualifiers in cl.

longball

I agree i think Brunt is a cracking player. Would be a brilliant signing for Celtic. He a better player than Naknamura who has/is left/leaving. Would far rather have him in the MF than Willo Flood.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

the colonel

I haven't seen speculation around brunt, couldnt afford him, I was just making a point that I think he is a good footballer and proved himself more than capable in the premier league by scoring 10 or more goals. lynchboy, i certainly thik he would get a place in the celtic team which is poor. some people need to get realistic with where the club where 5 years ago and where they are now. i dont think mcginn or mccourt are worthy, but brunt is alot better than them pair

T Fearon

Got return ryanair flights from Dublin to Glasgow for 4 euros for the opening home league fixture with St Johnstone in August ;D Now well over 100 euros for the same flights and if the game is rescheduled you only lose 4 euros ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the colonel on June 23, 2009, 04:26:32 PM
I haven't seen speculation around brunt, couldnt afford him, I was just making a point that I think he is a good footballer and proved himself more than capable in the premier league by scoring 10 or more goals. lynchboy, i certainly thik he would get a place in the celtic team which is poor. some people need to get realistic with where the club where 5 years ago and where they are now. i dont think mcginn or mccourt are worthy, but brunt is alot better than them pair
realistic ?
I'd like to see what Celtic's scouting system have been doing over the past couple of years, has the sum total been Misun ?

There were/are plenty more eastern europeans that would be delighted to come to Celtic (to use the club as a stepping stone theyd see it as to bigger money in epl) be three times the players that mccourt/mcginn/brunt/flood etc etc are and cost the same or maybe less (cost a fraction of what is being touted for brunt).

to paraphrase a classic line young neighbour of mine came out with a number of years ago - 'they are alright if ya like sh*te'
Celtic need to get clever not panic in their purchases !

the colonel

your right the scouting system is poor, and should be doing more.

I don't think you should be classing brunt with the 3 you just mentioned. no point having an arguement about someone we are not going to sign. I'd be more than happy to sign brunt, and would havbe been happy to sign him when we had good teams.  I think your seriously under estimating his ability.

longball

Quote from: the colonel on June 23, 2009, 05:17:34 PM

I don't think you should be classing brunt with the 3 you just mentioned. no point having an arguement about someone we are not going to sign. I'd be more than happy to sign brunt, and would havbe been happy to sign him when we had good teams.  I think your seriously under estimating his ability.

I think they are as well.... although my opinion may mean nothin i highly rate Brunt. TM was full of praise for Brunt last year and he always stood out in games. I would not be suprised to see Celtic or a PL team move for him. Celtic need a striker. I seen Steven Fletchers name mentioned in the paper over the weekend. we'd be safer with Healy.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

nifan

Brunt has already been linked with rangers, and a number of PL clubs.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: longball on June 23, 2009, 05:21:47 PM
Quote from: the colonel on June 23, 2009, 05:17:34 PM

I think they are as well.... although my opinion may mean nothin i highly rate Brunt. TM was full of praise for Brunt last year and he always stood out in games. I would not be suprised to see Celtic or a PL team move for him. Celtic need a striker. I seen Steven Fletchers name mentioned in the paper over the weekend. we'd be safer with Healy.
think healy is gone, the 'jason lee' effect !
However having seen fletcher in the spl at least, he looks v good there.
He is the lowest level that Celtic should be looking at buying though, centre half, left back, at least one striker (two if Fletcher comes in).