62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

longrunsthefox

Why doesn't Lennon go for it himself?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 27, 2009, 04:33:38 PM
I actually fancy Burnley to stay up next season with a few decent signings - Especially considering some of the current dross in the league in Hull, Pompey and Wigan could be in disarray.

Why the hell would Coyle leave a premier league side playing in the best league in the world to go and manage in a third rate league at a club who has half dozen big league games a year. Champions League is an obvious attraction but even then it's not as if Celtic last long there either.

Be a hughe mistake for him to leave Burnley and can't see him wanting to leave anyway.

Celtic are still a big draw especially for someone who was a Celtic fan all his life. Burnley may have got promoted but otherwise there is no comparision to be made between the clubs at all in terms of size, history and tradition.

Coyle could go to Celtic win a few league titles and get some european experience and his stock would only rise further much like MON's did. If he was to succeed up there there would be no shortage of Premier League teams who would give him a job in a few years time.

Obviously though I imagine he feels some loyalty towards Burnley but it must be very difficult for a boyhood fan to turn down a club like Celtic knowing there's a possibility you might not get asked again.

longrunsthefox

...aye ure rite Galway Boy and would almost certain to be fighting relegation with Burnley

The Worker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 27, 2009, 05:33:14 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 27, 2009, 04:33:38 PM
I actually fancy Burnley to stay up next season with a few decent signings - Especially considering some of the current dross in the league in Hull, Pompey and Wigan could be in disarray.

Why the hell would Coyle leave a premier league side playing in the best league in the world to go and manage in a third rate league at a club who has half dozen big league games a year. Champions League is an obvious attraction but even then it's not as if Celtic last long there either.

Be a hughe mistake for him to leave Burnley and can't see him wanting to leave anyway.

Celtic are still a big draw especially for someone who was a Celtic fan all his life. Burnley may have got promoted but otherwise there is no comparision to be made between the clubs at all in terms of size, history and tradition.

Coyle could go to Celtic win a few league titles and get some european experience and his stock would only rise further much like MON's did. If he was to succeed up there there would be no shortage of Premier League teams who would give him a job in a few years time.

Obviously though I imagine he feels some loyalty towards Burnley but it must be very difficult for a boyhood fan to turn down a club like Celtic knowing there's a possibility you might not get asked again.

Spot on! He might never get his chance again at Paradice, if offerered it I would be amazed if he turned it down!

lfdown2

Lads re Lennon, superb servant for Celtic though it seemed that strachan brought Lennon in to do exactly that stated above but to be honest Celtic have not showed any heart for months know what you's are saying though not sure I agree

stew

What about Keane???? surely he would love a stab at the Celts job?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

clarshack

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4356493,00.html

thought he was outstanding tonight! i'd go to barcelona and carry him over my back to glasgow if he wanted to come.

naylor wouldnt lace his boots ffs.

Main Street

Put a bit boot polish in his hair and you never know, you might get 2 good years out of him.

T Fearon

Not sure about Coyle, basically he has had only one year's experience at St Johnstone and one year at Burnley, albeit with quite impressive results.

No need for Celtic to make an appointment this week. Time to step back for a week or two and assess things calmly.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on May 28, 2009, 12:19:00 AM
It would be managerial suicide for Owen Coyle to go to Celtic. His ma said as much on Raidio na Gaeltachta this morning.

What did she say ?

T Fearon

She said

"It would be churlish in the extreme for the fruit of my loins to forsake the blue skies of the English Premiership for the backwater of the Scottish Premier League, and a veritable cul de sac for his managerial career, which is laden with potential"   or words to that effect ;D

reddgnhand

Quote from: T Fearon on May 28, 2009, 12:01:31 PM
Not sure about Coyle, basically he has had only one year's experience at St Johnstone and one year at Burnley, albeit with quite impressive results.

No need for Celtic to make an appointment this week. Time to step back for a week or two and assess things calmly.

Sure they should go for Harry Redknapp. Where would that leave you?

tyronefella

Quote from: clarshack on May 27, 2009, 11:20:29 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4356493,00.html

thought he was outstanding tonight! i'd go to barcelona and carry him over my back to glasgow if he wanted to come.

naylor wouldnt lace his boots ffs.

that storys from back in october, ne more of an update in this? wud love to see hime at celtic!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tommy Burns testimonial live on TG4, watching the Armagh v Tyrone match as well head twisted from turning.
Packie in nets, Peter Grant back, Pierre, Di Canio, Cadette and the rest back.
Burns side managed by Billy McNeill and Paul McStay - future managerial team for the Hoops!  ;)
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Gonna take Moyes off the list and add this boyo - never heard of him, 35 yrs old!?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8076867.stm

Actually Ricky Srigba coming off as well.
Tbc....