Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the colonel

got my ticket for hibs on sunday, a couple of mates looking for one's also, anyone know of a spare (not likely!!)
the difference between success and failure is energy

slow corner back

That wil be a nervy one colonel best of luck

clarshack

great result tonight! the huns will get it very tight at dundee utd in the last game so saturday against Aberdeen is their only chance to do something about the goal difference.

Over the Bar

Squeaky bum time.

Tony yer a great man for the tickets.   I'm for the Champions League final but no ticket yet.  Did you win any tix in a comp by any chance??

T Fearon

Champions League Final might even be beyond my legendary sourcing powers! Try ebay, you should pick up a couple for a grand each ;D

Hibs did nothing that would worry me last night in terms of their actual play (they rarely strung three passes together) and Celtic as long as they apply themselves should pick up full points on Sunday. They need to do what the huns failed to do last night and show urgency from the kick off.Great result though and Derek Riordan at last did something right for Celtic ;D

PS Did you see the hun supporter at the game last night, just before kick off, wearing the Linfield/IFA cap?

lfdown2

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2009, 09:23:14 AM
Champions League Final might even be beyond my legendary sourcing powers! Try ebay, you should pick up a couple for a grand each ;D

Hibs did nothing that would worry me last night in terms of their actual play (they rarely strung three passes together) and Celtic as long as they apply themselves should pick up full points on Sunday. They need to do what the huns failed to do last night and show urgency from the kick off.Great result though and Derek Riordan at last did something right for Celtic ;D

PS Did you see the hun supporter at the game last night, just before kick off, wearing the Linfield/IFA cap?

did you see celtic tue night? the best i can say is at least we got 3 points, have to say i thought all year that rangers were a bad side and on paper celtic were much better, though now i am not so sure, there is no heart or leadership in the team, hartly and brown showed a bit of guts at times but not consistently, gone are the days when teams feared going to paradise. its in our own hands now which is a nice place to be in after the football that has been played. also willo flood did well tue night when he came on, seemed to be able to hold the ball and settle things, but we have no strikers, is there anyone in semi/professional football with a worse touch than sami?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 14, 2009, 09:39:26 AM

did you see celtic tue night? the best i can say is at least we got 3 points, have to say i thought all year that rangers were a bad side and on paper celtic were much better, though now i am not so sure, there is no heart or leadership in the team, hartly and brown showed a bit of guts at times but not consistently, gone are the days when teams feared going to paradise. its in our own hands now which is a nice place to be in after the football that has been played. also willo flood did well tue night when he came on, seemed to be able to hold the ball and settle things, but we have no strikers, is there anyone in semi/professional football with a worse touch than sami?

Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Top Scorers      Team        TOTAL
Boyd                Rangers      26
McDonald         Celtic          16
Samaras           Celtic          15
;)
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tuesday was a game of two halves, second half wass dreadful plpay from Celtic, whole shape of the team collapsed and midfield disappeared, also would someone please tell Naylor that he's supposed to be a LEFT back, can he not tell right from left? All that said, great to get the three points and even better that Hibs were able to hold out for the draw last night, some pressure towards the end!
Tbc....

lfdown2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 14, 2009, 10:06:38 AM

;)

damn facts.....

have you noticed sami's first touch?

lynchbhoy

think samaras is a good striker
tries a bit too hard at times but def before his inj midway through the season - from the beginning of this season until then , he was fantastic and easily lead the scoring charts until he was hurt.
I think he is a bit of a headcase though...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 14, 2009, 10:32:50 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 14, 2009, 10:06:38 AM

;)

damn facts.....

have you noticed sami's first touch?

Granted not the best, but I think that he whas a fair bit of potential left untapped and is still relatively young and has also had a stop and start season, new manager in the Summer might bring the best out of him, if not big improvements by Christmas then offload in Jan.
Tbc....

Doogie Browser

Then Scottish fans will really love McCarthy and McGeady on the one team!

Celtic have made an offer to Hamilton Accies for James McCarthy and the clubs are in talks about a summer transfer, according to the midfielder's agent.

Willie McKay says the 18-year-old is likely to become the highest-paid teenager in Scottish football history should the deal be concluded.

A number of top English clubs are also interested in McCarthy - and fellow Accies midfielder James McArthur.

But Celtic are McCarthy's favoured destination, according to McKay.

Hamilton have already rejected an offer of about £500,000 from Portsmouth for McCarthy, who has chosen to play for Republic of Ireland instead of his native Scotland.

"It is a dream for a kid from Glasgow to play for Celtic or Rangers and, if Celtic can come close to the offers made by other clubs, they must be favourites as he would love to play for the club," McKay told BBC Scotland.

He resisted going to Liverpool to stay at Hamilton and I think the boy showed his loyalty to the club

"His family will have a big say in where he eventually goes.

"Celtic know how much Premiership clubs are offering and I'm sure they would be prepared to pay what would be a lot of money for a teenager."

A deal is unlikely to be concluded until relegation-threatened Hamilton secure their place in the Scottish Premier League next season.

But McKay believes that the time might be right for McCarthy, who was voted PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year, to move and to ensure Hamilton's production line of promising youths continues.

"He resisted going to Liverpool to stay at Hamilton and I think the boy showed his loyalty to the club," said the agent.

A number of English Premier League clubs were again represented at New Douglas Park on Wednesday as McCarthy played in Accies' 1-0 defeat by Falkirk.

Everton, Newcastle, Tottenham, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich have all been linked with the teenager.

Meanwhile, McKay says that interest is also high in 21-year-old Scotland Under-21 international McArthur.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

lynchbhoy

dont know much about mcarthur, but McCarthy is from a Celtic supporting family and was on record a couple of years ago that he wanted to join Celtic - who have been sniffing around for the past few years but young James decided to stay where he was as it was all going well for him.
right now may be the time to go as he has already a season in the spl under his belt and a few motm awards.
Celtic only have to make a decent offer and he will join (I hope).

the colonel

if hamilton stay up he would be best staying with them for at least another year. no substitute for first team games. if celtic do sign him, they should loan him straight back
the difference between success and failure is energy