Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Go onto Citylink website (Scottish bus company) and book on line (if its not working as it sometimes doesn't) ring the contact number on website.

lfdown2

aroundincircles

Hi lads running a celtic day on next old firm in my local gaa with

drinks promotion during game
hot bar snacks after game type of thing want a band from about 3 oclock to 6 or half six a wee two peice that can get the thing going with celtic and irish songs any one here know any small band that would be good for this type of thing.

cheers

fred the red

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 22, 2009, 06:37:15 PM
Hi lads running a celtic day on next old firm in my local gaa with

drinks promotion during game
hot bar snacks after game type of thing want a band from about 3 oclock to 6 or half six a wee two peice that can get the thing going with celtic and irish songs any one here know any small band that would be good for this type of thing.

cheers

care to tell us where abouts you are?

aroundincircles

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 22, 2009, 03:17:28 PM
southderryman, bus drops you off at Buchanan Street station in city centre. Its only good if its a 1pm kick off (or 12.30pm) as it only gets into Glasgow at 12.10pm and leaves again (from Buchanan St) at 4pm.

Never travelled this way before for a game, but have done for other visits to Glasgow (shopping with wife!!).

Was over three times in Jan and Feb, as Ryanair ran a 7.40am flight from Belfast to Prestwick on Saturday mornings in those months (dirt cheap too if you booked early), which meant that you could connect with the Flybe flight from Glasgow itself at 7.30pm that night, for the return journey. Did it for less than £50 return air fare each time. For some unknown reason Ryanair scrapped the 7.40am Belfast flight at the end of March

Was over last Saturday, flying from Dublin to Edinurgh at 6.40am (out of my pit at 3.20am ffs >:) and then back on the ryanair flight from Prestwick to Dublin last Saturday night at 10.30pm. Again early booking meant that both flights cost around £30 in total. Not an option this time, as the train service to Glasgow is much less frequent on Sundays and the rugby of course.

Agree that split and the overall capacity to change days/kick off times must present a nightmare to supporters clubs. Used to be in a Celtic supporters club myself, but really prefer organising my own trips these days, though obviously it does mean that you never get to a Rangers game.

thats a good enough deal then, very rarely you get a 1pm KO so it worked well for you. Generally just leave the flights for away games or mid weeks when we have no buses going, get a good cheap deal through my csc.

I'd wager clubs like portadown, ballymena, EGB, Monaghan, JM, etc put a hell of a lot more money into stena every year than Citylink do, but thems the breaks i suppose.

if you asked around for a huns game you might be quite surprised. demand is nowhere near what it used to be. you buy your tickets direct from celtic or through a CSC? if you take them of the csc (usually cheaper than the official one's too) there's a chance they'll keep you in mind for a huns game. the vast majority of clubs going over every week are flogging tickets outside the superstore or at the corner of kerrydale street, you'd be doing them a favour by taking them of their hands too.

the split is a farce, the only reason they have it in place is to stop a title decider and they very nearly made a balls of that this season too. its a nightmare for getting to games too. aberdeen flights cost me £95 and involve an overnight job. same with hibs only its £65. fortunely we got a heads up about ibrox before they announced it so i got a flight in and out that day for £35. but its getting worse every year. it needs to be looked at.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

aroundincircles

about 100 yards up the road  ;D ;D ;D green roof you might know it ;) ;)

aroundincircles

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2009, 12:05:00 AM
Hot bar snacks:
Clonoe O'Rahilly burgers - Like Aberdeen Angus burgers, only better.

Drinks promotions:
McClure cocktails - Deadly gear altogether.
£1 a whack.

Red diesel shots - Red diesel just.
Free - Donated by Brendan Campbell and Sons.

you been here before station i take it.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

aroundincircles

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: southderryman on April 22, 2009, 11:51:01 PM

the split is a farce, the only reason they have it in place is to stop a title decider and they very nearly made a balls of that this season too. its a nightmare for getting to games too. aberdeen flights cost me £95 and involve an overnight job. same with hibs only its £65. fortunely we got a heads up about ibrox before they announced it so i got a flight in and out that day for £35. but its getting worse every year. it needs to be looked at.

Surely the reason for the split is so that 12 teams rather than 10 can be accomodated in the SPL while the number of games is kept reasonable and the top teams play each other 4 times. Until this season the Eircom league was 12 team with 3 matches between each side but that couldn't work in Scotland as the Old Firm team with 2 home games against the other would have too much of an advantage.

Does the spilt not actually make a title decider more likely as Celtic have to play Rangers in the last 5 games whereas under other systems they could have their final match in March?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

T Fearon

Southderryman, buy tickets on club website, if you get in early enough you can get very good seats. Seated right in front of Directors Box last Saturday and again for the Hearts game on May 24th.

I could go to supporters clubs but it wouldn't be fair just to ask for Rangers tickets and I don't really want to rejoin, as I like making my own arrangements these days.

Agree though its a bummer that post split clubs seem to be struggling with travel arrangements. Surely the AICSC could request a meeting with Stena and P&O and come to some arrangement at the start of the season? Tony Hamilton aludes to this problem in his column in this week's Celtic View and states that its a shame that of their two home fixtures remaining, one is being played in midweek and he makes the very valid point that no other club has a fanbase that travels in such number from a different country to home games

It also seems to me that neither Easyjet or Ryanair flights from Glasgow on Saturdays now from Belfast, facilitate  using this mode of travel for 3pm kick offs.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 23, 2009, 01:07:28 AM
Quote from: southderryman on April 22, 2009, 11:51:01 PM

Surely the reason for the split is so that 12 teams rather than 10 can be accomodated in the SPL while the number of games is kept reasonable and the top teams play each other 4 times. Until this season the Eircom league was 12 team with 3 matches between each side but that couldn't work in Scotland as the Old Firm team with 2 home games against the other would have too much of an advantage.

Does the spilt not actually make a title decider more likely as Celtic have to play Rangers in the last 5 games whereas under other systems they could have their final match in March?

The split as it is is an absolute joke!!
Although I do feel a split could be used I would feel it would be much better to do it earlier in the season, after each team has played eachother twice. Then have a split with a top 6 league and a bottom 6 league where each team plays eachother twice again. 22 games each before the split, 10 games after, 32 in total. the only real arguement against this is that each team has 6 games less gate receipts