7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Yeeessssssss! Just bagged a ticket for the Hearts game!!!! ;D

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 20, 2009, 04:47:06 PM
Yeeessssssss! Just bagged a ticket for the Hearts game!!!! ;D

before you get too excited tony......

have you checked how you're going to get to this game and home again?

its heineken cup final weekend at murrayfield, both stena ferries and both P&O ferries are booked up. flights are astronomical....

fancy a swim?

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 20, 2009, 02:00:02 PM
What do you make of he post split fixtures? The Huns have us , Aberdeen and Hearts at home, and away trips to Hibs and Dundee United (the last fixture with Feeney playing for the Arabs and will surely be going all out to deny the huns...like hell), whereas Celtic have only Hearts and Dundee United at home and are away to Aberdeen and Hibs (two grounds  we've lost at this season) and Huns, and home to Dundee United and Hearts.

Its vital we avoid defeat at Ibrox as the Huns have a definite advantage with the fixture schedule

celtic should never have been in this position in the first place, and there's only one person to blame

T Fearon

Sdm, funny that, I booked the stena ferry yesterday morning, the day trip on May 24th, to Glasgow from Belfast via Stranraer (total return fare Belfast to Glasgow and back is a mere £27.50, (including bas transfer to Glasgow from Stranraer and back), without a problem. The answer is to get in quick, my son ;D

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2009, 09:23:43 AM
Sdm, funny that, I booked the stena ferry yesterday morning, the day trip on May 24th, to Glasgow from Belfast via Stranraer (total return fare Belfast to Glasgow and back is a mere £27.50, (including bas transfer to Glasgow from Stranraer and back), without a problem. The answer is to get in quick, my son ;D

hmmmm..... something is a miss here. they can offer the day trip to individuals but not to the clubs who give them bus loads of people every second week. we tried to book on at 10am yesterday morning. something fishy here

T Fearon

Something "fishy" here : :D :D :D :D :D

Perhaps its just easier to accomodate an individual, rather than a busload, at a time when demand is inordinately high. ;)

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2009, 11:12:26 AM
Something "fishy" here : :D :D :D :D :D

Perhaps its just easier to accomodate an individual, rather than a busload, at a time when demand is inordinately high. ;)

you like that little pun?  :D

we couldnt even get a car booked on yesterday. f**king stupid rugby  >:(

lfdown2

what time would you say the last round of league fixtures will be?

Rav67

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 21, 2009, 06:55:45 PM
what time would you say the last round of league fixtures will be?

1pm on the Sunday

T Fearon

Time is actually quite good for a change. Booking a day trip for £27.50 (which is belfast to glasgow and back by boat and coach) means you arrive in Glasgow at 12.10pm  and leave at 4pm, ample time to see the match and enjoy the league winning celebrations afterwards ;D

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 22, 2009, 08:53:40 AM
Time is actually quite good for a change. Booking a day trip for £27.50 (which is belfast to glasgow and back by boat and coach) means you arrive in Glasgow at 12.10pm  and leave at 4pm, ample time to see the match and enjoy the league winning celebrations afterwards ;D

times are very good indeed, just a shame some people who go every game will probably miss out. This SPL split is the biggest farce ever. Cant blame P&O or stena for taking the bookings of the rugby fans i suppose, it would be foolish to turn down business especially considering both celtic and the huns were away on the last day last season.

where does the coach drop you off at in glasgow? is this the way you usually travel?

lfdown2

aye tone any more details, i have no bother getting up from london but the other party is finding it difficult

T Fearon

southderryman, bus drops you off at Buchanan Street station in city centre. Its only good if its a 1pm kick off (or 12.30pm) as it only gets into Glasgow at 12.10pm and leaves again (from Buchanan St) at 4pm.

Never travelled this way before for a game, but have done for other visits to Glasgow (shopping with wife!!).

Was over three times in Jan and Feb, as Ryanair ran a 7.40am flight from Belfast to Prestwick on Saturday mornings in those months (dirt cheap too if you booked early), which meant that you could connect with the Flybe flight from Glasgow itself at 7.30pm that night, for the return journey. Did it for less than £50 return air fare each time. For some unknown reason Ryanair scrapped the 7.40am Belfast flight at the end of March

Was over last Saturday, flying from Dublin to Edinurgh at 6.40am (out of my pit at 3.20am ffs >:) and then back on the ryanair flight from Prestwick to Dublin last Saturday night at 10.30pm. Again early booking meant that both flights cost around £30 in total. Not an option this time, as the train service to Glasgow is much less frequent on Sundays and the rugby of course.

Agree that split and the overall capacity to change days/kick off times must present a nightmare to supporters clubs. Used to be in a Celtic supporters club myself, but really prefer organising my own trips these days, though obviously it does mean that you never get to a Rangers game.

lfdown2

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 22, 2009, 02:53:42 PM
aye tone any more details, i have no bother getting up from london but the other party is finding it difficult

tony, who did you book this through?