Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

the colonel

now its gone beyond the relevance of the thread whatever you believed beforehand. time to give it a rest fella's
the difference between success and failure is energy

Main Street

I guess the poty award is between Caldwell and Brown :)
I´d give my professional vote to Brown.

Caldwell stands out as decent enough when playing for Scotland.

nifan

Obviously I would like to see Davis get it, but I think Brown is likely to get it.

lynchbhoy

"talking about my parents is hardly internet etiquette.
My posts where related to celtic - related is not just on pitch matters - and as such i posted here, in direct response to another post on this thread."

WTF are you on about this time ?
- and no your posts were nothing remotely Celtic related
keep it to PM's if yer gonna trash talk

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2009, 02:36:54 PM
I guess the poty award is between Caldwell and Brown :)
I´d give my professional vote to Brown.

Caldwell stands out as decent enough when playing for Scotland.
do games for scotland count ?
I thought it was club form

I dont think that anyone apart from maybe Brown in spl from the big two would deserve a nomination - caldwell certainly not and no one from rangers.
A couple of dundee utd plus hearts lads and fletcher from hibs would be more deserving of the nominations imo
cant see how caldwell got a nomination unless it was for perf for Scotland rather than Celtic

nifan

I assume McGeady lost out due to his altercation with Strachan causing him to miss games this season?

Main Street

No LB, international performance don't count for the POTY, just spl games, afaia.

I'm  more referring (in surprise) to Caldwell putting in a few decent stints in the Scottish defense, better than what I would have expected.
But maybe it's easy to stand out as competent there as the overall standard with the Scottish national team is pretty poor.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2009, 05:52:55 PM
No LB, international performance don't count for the POTY, just spl games, afaia.

I'm  more referring (in surprise) to Caldwell putting in a few decent stints in the Scottish defense, better than what I would have expected.
But maybe it's easy to stand out as competent there as the overall standard with the Scottish national team is pretty poor.

and thats being kind MS
though our own aint so hot either right now

I try to like every Celtic player and will never shout against them
but I cringe when I hear that caldwell is in midfield, not entirely happy when he is centre half either.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on April 16, 2009, 04:10:15 PM
I assume McGeady lost out due to his altercation with Strachan causing him to miss games this season?

Was surprised at Aidaniho's exclusion.

On a brighter note, watched the reserves match against hearts from the 14th april on Celtic tv the other night, McGinn looks very good and links well with Paddy McCourt, very encouraging to watch the young lads (even if they unusually got beaten 2-1).
Tbc....

nifan

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 17, 2009, 03:50:42 PM
On a brighter note, watched the reserves match against hearts from the 14th april on Celtic tv the other night, McGinn looks very good and links well with Paddy McCourt, very encouraging to watch the young lads (even if they unusually got beaten 2-1).

Is McCourt playing on the inside with McGinn on the right wing then?
If McCourts in centre mid I hope they have a very defensive player alongside him, wouldnt exactly love the work paddy.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on April 17, 2009, 03:55:44 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 17, 2009, 03:50:42 PM

Is McCourt playing on the inside with McGinn on the right wing then?
If McCourts in centre mid I hope they have a very defensive player alongside him, wouldnt exactly love the work paddy.

Paddy looked to have been playing pretty much a roving role in the middle, Niall playing down the right alright and quite good at it as well, went on a few solo runs (McGeadyesque) but was then able to put in a great cross or pass to find another Celtic player.
Think Ireland missed out on a great wee gem!  :-\
Paddys fitness seems to be improving leaps and bounds since Christmas.
Tbc....

nifan

His fitness couldn't have got much worse!

Its cost him in the past - he went on a trial to spurs when he was at rochdale but was rejected due to fitness.
It was always a problem with him, he was notorious for being unfit at school even.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on April 17, 2009, 04:07:37 PM
His fitness couldn't have got much worse!

Its cost him in the past - he went on a trial to spurs when he was at rochdale but was rejected due to fitness.
It was always a problem with him, he was notorious for being unfit at school even.

He'll not last at Celtic if he doesn't stay fit.
Then again Big Bad John  ;D
Tbc....

T Fearon

Big interview in Celtic View this week with Mc Court and he reckons he found the going tough at the start but is now ten times fitter than the day he joined Celtic. Is earning rave reviews for the reserves at the moment. Even Danny Mc Grain says he cannot work out his talent or range of tricks, and lets face it he himself has come up against a good winger or two in his time. Still seems to me to be a little on the light side for the rough and tumble of the SPL, though

nifan

The plus point is hes nearly as fast with the ball at his feet as he is without it.
Always reminded me of Steve mcmanaman, similar style of running and going past an opponent  without them realizing what hes done to get past them

T Fearon

I see WGS has been shortlisted for Scotland's Manager of the Year...cue sickbags for a lot of people on here, but well deserved in my opinion