?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 09, 2009, 08:54:26 AM
Great win! Might Keep the Stachan bashers unhappy...until the weekend at least! ;D

Heading over to the Aberdeen game next week, anyone else going?

Great win, watched it last night and wwe actually played quite well, McCourt came on for Naka with 10 mins to go, looked comfortable on the ball and had an aul pot at the goals as well.
Still want Strachan out at the end of the season!

Quote from: slow corner back on April 08, 2009, 09:48:10 PM
Good home win tonight with a good spread of scorers, the ever prolific Vof H got one too   ;) Shame the other lot managed to hold on for a 2-1 at St Mirren >:(

Obviously being a bit tongue in cheek there SCB, JVOH didn't even know what was happening with the goal, keeper put it out, deflected of Jan's chest and went in!  :-[
He needs to go in the Summer, hopefully Strachan will take him with him to Middlesborough/Sunderland/Newcastle.
Tbc....

lfdown2

Quote from: T Fearon on April 09, 2009, 08:54:26 AM
Great win! Might Keep the Stachan bashers unhappy...until the weekend at least! ;D

Heading over to the Aberdeen game next week, anyone else going?

dont know any celtic fans who would be unhappy with a win... ::) ::)

ArmaghGAAforum

lynchbhoy

rumours about PSV looking for JVOH.
I like JVOH, but as he is so inj prone, I'd sell him if anyone is willing to pay a few quid !

T Fearon

JVOH is a Celtic legend, but sadly his best days are behind him and if they can get a decent fee they should let him leave.

Anyone else pissed off by the likes of Frank Mc Garvey criticising current players left right and centre?

As its Easter I have just treated myself there now. Purchased a signed and framed print of Naka's free kick against Man Utd in the Champions League, an eternal souvenir of an unforgettable night that I was privileged to witness in the flesh ;D

passedit

1-1 half time. Vinegar witha soft one early, one traffic for hearts since. Tough one this
Don't Panic

stiffler

Is that venegoors third goal in 3 games?

seems like hes playing for a contract.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Our Nail Loney

Usell bastards, had them in a big double with Liverpool to start the weekend off. Needless to say its finished already.

lynchbhoy

Tony - I'll say it before you start attempting to defend him
why oh why does strachan fcuk things up by playing effectively 10 men away from home v 11
caldwell is a poor enough centre half, but a fecukig disaster as a central midfielder.

strachan tactically does not have it.

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on April 09, 2009, 04:19:40 PM
JVOH is a Celtic legend, but sadly his best days are behind him and if they can get a decent fee they should let him leave.

Anyone else pissed off by the likes of Frank Mc Garvey criticising current players left right and centre?

As its Easter I have just treated myself there now. Purchased a signed and framed print of Naka's free kick against Man Utd in the Champions League, an eternal souvenir of an unforgettable night that I was privileged to witness in the flesh ;D

Stop talking shite ... if JVOH is a Celtic legend then Wayne Biggins is the club's greatest ever player!!  He's an average player who can cause a bit of bother with his height, that's it.  The only reason this poor Celtic team are winning leagues is because the huns are terrible and have been for three or four years ... agree 100% with lynchbhoy about Strachan's tactical nous, and added to that, I'm a better player than Caldwell and I'm crap

T Fearon

Well I'm grateful for VOH's goal at Tannadice last May and his Old Trafford score in Sept 06 amongst others.

Caldwell is being touted as Scotland's Player of the Year so I don't know where all the negative stuff is coming from.

Getting points at Hearts is never easy, and if Strachan made a mistake last Saturday it was pitching in the light weight Willo Flood against a big physcial side.

Rangers won 9 titles in a row because Celtic were crap at the time, and this argument could be used for any team any time

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on April 15, 2009, 09:17:20 AM
Well I'm grateful for VOH's goal at Tannadice last May and his Old Trafford score in Sept 06 amongst others.

Caldwell is being touted as Scotland's Player of the Year so I don't know where all the negative stuff is coming from.

Getting points at Hearts is never easy, and if Strachan made a mistake last Saturday it was pitching in the light weight Willo Flood against a big physcial side.

Rangers won 9 titles in a row because Celtic were crap at the time, and this argument could be used for any team any time
caldwell being touted as poty by scots media perhaps
certainly almost any Celtic fan I know (scots ones living over in scotland) like him(because he is a Celtic player) but dont really rate him , most would prefer bobo or o'dea...

rangers won 9 titles as they were able to buy players to win these titles, they spent spent spent - but thats part of their problem today, they destroyed their club by overspending
Celtic are afraid to spend in case they meet the same fate, but Celtic could spend a couple of million a year, but just dont.
Strachan is taking the task of not going mad in the transfer market to the extreme.
JVOH was a decent player, but not a big centre forward in the british style and sense, a typical play-it-on-the-deck and very technical skillful dutch player.
I like him but his inj have lessened his effectiveness and imo he is now too prone to inj . Nice man to have but if his being there stops the purchase of a younger fitter faster proven nternational striker, then sell sell sell

T Fearon

Agreed,certainly if a proven striker comes on the market at an affordable price then by all means let VOH go. But the return from Mc Donald and/or Samaras has not been earth shattering either, and with the limited Boyd racing ahead in the SPL's Top Scorers list it is a general worry that Celtic do not seem to have a 20 goal a year man at the moment.

Can't wait for the Dons game on Saturday,should be a cracker and normally when the team has been posed a challenge (when Rangers narroed the gap for example before the game with St Mirren) Celts have responded in grat style (7-0 the last day I was over)

Here's a question for you all, how many Celts, past and present, have you spoken to on a one to one basis, even if only to get an autograph. I have been privileged to speak directly to the following

Billy Mc Neill, Tommy Burns, Danny Mc Grain, John Clark, Kenny Dalglish, Paul Mc Stay, Packie Bonner, Anton Rogan, Peter Grant, Roy Aitken, Mark Mc Ghee, Frank Mc Avennie, Mick Mc Carthy,Paul Mc Stay, Billy Stark, Derek Whyte, Joe Miller, Niall Mc Ginn.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on April 15, 2009, 10:41:43 AM
Agreed,certainly if a proven striker comes on the market at an affordable price then by all means let VOH go. But the return from Mc Donald and/or Samaras has not been earth shattering either, and with the limited Boyd racing ahead in the SPL's Top Scorers list it is a general worry that Celtic do not seem to have a 20 goal a year man at the moment.

Can't wait for the Dons game on Saturday,should be a cracker and normally when the team has been posed a challenge (when Rangers narroed the gap for example before the game with St Mirren) Celts have responded in grat style (7-0 the last day I was over)

Here's a question for you all, how many Celts, past and present, have you spoken to on a one to one basis, even if only to get an autograph. I have been privileged to speak directly to the following

Billy Mc Neill, Tommy Burns, Danny Mc Grain, John Clark, Kenny Dalglish, Paul Mc Stay, Packie Bonner, Anton Rogan, Peter Grant, Roy Aitken, Mark Mc Ghee, Frank Mc Avennie, Mick Mc Carthy,Paul Mc Stay, Billy Stark, Derek Whyte, Joe Miller, Niall Mc Ginn.

There's only 2 Paul McStays...lol or did you mean his brother Willy :P

Jasus Tony your getting worser (that word was intended) i've been to more matches than you...i've spoken to more players than you...I've won more competitions than you...lol

I was out on the lash one night in Glasgow with Lennon, Hartson, Thompson and Miller...Ohh did i not mention i stayed with the team in Milan in 2005 (with Neil Lennons father)...but i'm sure you can beat that hands down :D :D :D

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

Paul McStay was so good you named him twice ?

I had quick chats with Packie Bonner (showed us round Celtic park when we turned up on the day they didnt have guided tours!)
I asked him did he also feel that playing midfield for Donegal set him up for the easy life as a soccer goalie!) , Bobo balde, Tommy boyd, Tony Cascarino, Henrik Larsson, Bertie Auld, Danny McGrain, Peter Latchford, Paul mcStay (once!), Paul byrne are the ones I can remember straight off...
spoke to Rab douglas on the phone once, he was a friend of a celtic daft pal of mine