Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Ifdown2 who's the club, where did you hear the story and can you post it?

See Donati's had enough, another one of Strachans falling's out!!!  >:(

Donati keen on a return to Italy  

Celtic midfielder Massimo Donati has reiterated his desire to return to Italy in the summer.

The 28-year-old Italian has not featured since November and has been linked with a move since a fall-out with Gordon Strachan in February.

"Since the argument with the manager, I am not being considered, so things are not going well," said Donati.

"I'll have to stay for another month and a half until the championship is finished. We'll see what happens."

Donati moved to Glasgow for £3m in the summer of 2007 and admitted he would welcome a return to Italy, where he began his career and was on loan at Atalanta before joining Celtic from AC Milan.

"Do I hope to come back to Italy? If the situation stays as it is, yes," said Donati.

"I find myself in a fantastic country at a great club, but I am not in the manager's thoughts, so it is difficult. I can't just stay to go training.

"My Celtic contract ends in two years. But, I repeat, if the manager stays and the situation does not change then I want to give up and come back to Italy."

Can't really blame him for wanting to go.

Tbc....

nifan

Újpest FC, the hungarian team, are the ones being linked

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I see also that Rankers are in trouble with injuries for their game tomorrow night!  ;D

Ferguson and McGregor will not make the journey with their erstwhile team-mates but they will not be the only established stars missing from Walter Smith's line-up.

The Rangers manager will be hoping, in particular, that top scorer Kris Boyd and Nacho Novo remain in rude health since they are the only first-team forwards currently available to him.

Scotland striker Kenny Miller is still suffering from a recurring hamstring problem while Northern Ireland's Kyle Lafferty will be sidelined until early next month with an ankle ligament injury.

Midfielder Kevin Thomson, who will assume Ferguson's deep-lying midfield role next season, will not be available until then due to cruciate ligament damage.

Now auxiliary central defender Lee McCulloch has been added to the casualty list after aggravating a calf injury during Sunday's 1-0 victory at Falkirk and full-back Kirk Broadfoot, who could have moved inside to replace him, has also been ruled
Tbc....

Main Street

Funny how some clubs  (like West Ham for eg) just have that fine tuned tradition for developing a good number of their own youth talent into competent premier league players.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 07, 2009, 03:09:03 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 07, 2009, 02:52:34 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on April 07, 2009, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 07, 2009, 02:09:17 PM
For what its worth, King Billy Mc Neill addressing his humble subjects (me included) at Parkhead  last Friday week, decreed

"Celtic are top of the league to-day, and you cannot get any higher than that"

If Strachan is deemed worthy by this legend then he's good enough for me

Obviously pitched at a level his audience could understand.
wasnt really worth the effort of posting that was it chris
makes you look a bit of a sad tw*t - theres no need for that silliness or bitterness is there?

Bitterness, how so?

If I'm a sad t**t and silly for having a laugh at Tony's expense, (not uncommon round here) then so be it.

I'm sure he can stick up for himself without having the 'cavalry'  ;) rallying round though.
it reads as bitterness/jealousy
does that kind of reply not stick out like a sore thumb in a celtic soccer related thread ?
I think it most def does and its not sticking up for tony, just pointing out where you crossed the line of decency really.

this thread mostly resembles a functional debate whether you are pro or against strachan and his tactics or what people think of the celtic teams/squads latest news - so it doesnt need the kind of petty schoolgirly stuff you dragged it down to.
if you have something decent to contribute then please do ...whether its pro or anti celtic !

Chrisowc

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 07, 2009, 04:24:34 PM
For what its worth, King Billy Mc Neill addressing his humble subjects (me included) at Parkhead  last Friday week, decreed

makes you look a bit of a sad tw*t - theres no need for that silliness or bitterness is there?

Bitterness, how so?

If I'm a sad t**t and silly for having a laugh at Tony's expense, (not uncommon round here) then so be it.

I'm sure he can stick up for himself without having the 'cavalry'  ;) rallying round though.
does that kind of reply not stick out like a sore thumb in a celtic soccer related thread ?
I think it most def does and its not sticking up for tony, just pointing out where you crossed the line of decency really.

this thread mostly resembles a functional debate whether you are pro or against strachan and his tactics or what people think of the celtic teams/squads latest news - so it doesnt need the kind of petty schoolgirly stuff you dragged it down to.
if you have something decent to contribute then please do ...whether its pro or anti celtic !

I crossed the line of decency with my bitterness and jeolousy?  I made a joke about Tony being able to understand a statement stating the obvious ffs!  You weren't with him by any chance?

Another poster asked Tony if his wife requested a one way ticket to Glasgow.  That must be OK.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 07, 2009, 04:38:56 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 07, 2009, 04:24:34 PM

Bitterness, how so?

I crossed the line of decency with my bitterness and jeolousy?  I made a joke about Tony being able to understand a statement stating the obvious ffs!  You weren't with him by any chance?

Another poster asked Tony if his wife requested a one way ticket to Glasgow.  That must be OK.
"Obviously pitched at a level his audience could understand."
OK I will correct that to just beeing a bitter and jealous fired reply
I didnt see anyone else posting that about tony's wife - but yes, thats not right also.

try to keep this celtic-centric if you wish to add anything to it, or if not, at least make the response somewhat funny !

lfdown2

Quote from: Main Street on April 07, 2009, 04:02:32 PM
Funny how some clubs  (like West Ham for eg) just have that fine tuned tradition for developing a good number of their own youth talent into competent premier league players.

Main street to be fair I think if you read the article west ham also have a link with said club!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I see that the Daily Ranger is now trying to involve Celtic (through Scott Brown) in the Boozegate scandal, taking a bit of the heat off Ferguson and McGregor!  >:(

On more important topics, should have nearly a full squad for tonight, who do youse think he'll pick?

Celtic v Falkirk 
Venue : Celtic Park Date : Wednesday 8 April Kick-off : 1945 BST

Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley could return for Wednesday's Scottish Premier League visit by Falkirk after recovering from a hamstring strain.

Shaun Maloney and John Kennedy have returned to training but will not be ready to face the Bairns, while Barry Robson remains on the sidelines.

Falkirk welcome back defender and captain Darren Barr from suspension.

But strike duo Steve Lovell and Mark Stewart will miss out again for the Bairns through injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan:
"At the top, it's close, in the middle, they're trying to get into the top six, at the bottom, there's three or four teams involved in a relegation battle.

"Whatever we say about the league, there is plenty to talk about, if you want to talk about it.

"It's far better being at the top of the league, it's stressful, but I empathise with everyone at the bottom of the league, with every manager.

"Only I and the managers at the bottom of the league know how it feels, so don't ask me how it feels."

Falkirk manager John Hughes:
"At the start of the season you say anything you take from the Old Firm is a bonus and you still look at it like that.

"For us and St Mirren it's our game in hand, so it's a bonus if you pick anything up because you always know the difficulty going to play the Old Firm, especially on their own patch.

"If we get anything out of the match it's something nobody expects us to do. All the expectations are on them.

"You have to give Celtic all the respect they deserve but you want to go there and see how far you've come as a team yourselves.

"You ask a lot of questions of the players and after 90 minutes at those kind of venues you usually get the answers.

"You have to disregard the difference in the teams because I've got great belief in my players.

"For a number of reasons we're at the bottom of the league but we've still got an opportunity to get ourselves out of it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic (from): Boruc, Hinkel, Wilson, O'Dea, McManus, Loovens, Caldwell, Crosas, Hartley, S Brown, Nakamura, McGeady, Flood, McDonald, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Samaras, McCourt, Fox.

Falkirk (from): Mallo, Bullen, Pressley, Barr, Scobbie, McNamara, Arfield, Cregg, McBride, O'Brien, Finnigan, Olejnik, McCann, Higdon, Holden, Riera, Aafjes, Moffat.

This season: Celtic 3-0 Falkirk, Falkirk 0-3 Celtic

Yet more classic quotes and stating the bloody obvious from Strachan!  ::) :-[
Tbc....

T Fearon

Cant see many if any changes. What is the combined age of Mc Namara, Pressley and Mc Cann by the way?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 08, 2009, 12:08:02 PM
Cant see many if any changes. What is the combined age of Mc Namara, Pressley and Mc Cann by the way?

Jackie Mc = 35
Elvis = 35
Neil McCann = 34
Tbc....

Main Street

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 07, 2009, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 07, 2009, 04:02:32 PM

Main street to be fair I think if you read the article west ham also have a link with said club!
I read the article, that why I mentioned West Ham :) and having looked at the MOTD highlights on Saturday of the exploits of the latest batch.
I was referring to the development of their 'own youth talent'  as in 'home grown'.

slow corner back

Good home win tonight with a good spread of scorers, the ever prolific Vof H got one too   ;) Shame the other lot managed to hold on for a 2-1 at St Mirren >:(

T Fearon

Great win! Might Keep the Stachan bashers unhappy...until the weekend at least! ;D

Heading over to the Aberdeen game next week, anyone else going?