?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: Clown on February 16, 2009, 11:20:08 AM

the anti-football excuse doesnt wash here.

i just meant that with celtic's current form being awful combined with rangers formation for the game it was going to be a poor match and it was.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Terrible game yesterday - and why the fcuk was Naka left on the pitch for 90 mins, another poor performance against the hun from him. Flood should have been left on and Naka subbed and Aidan brought on.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Lads, with what was at stake yesterday, surely the last thing you would have expected was sophisticated free flowing attacking football? The absolute priority of both sides was to avoid defeat at all costs and hence that was how the game panned out. Also Brown and Nakamura can consider themselves lucky that their respective heads remain attached to their shoulders to-day.

You'd think also there had never been a bad Liverpool V Man Utd game when the stakes were sky high

lfdown2

but i think the point is tony that this is not a once off performance this is now the norm, its been 11hrs now since anyone other than skippy has got a goal, there is no creativity and no sign of where it may come from should it be against rangers or queens park

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tone no excuses, there is just no creativity in the team yesterday, also for too long now have we looked sterile up front.

Strachan stuck with Naka yesterday even when you could see that he was having a terrible game, in thte vain hope that we may get a free kick in the right area - great tactics alright and again leaving our most creative player on the bench til after half time wtf was that all about?
Tbc....

T Fearon

FFS If Mc Geady had started yesterday he would be in a wheelchair now. When he came on he didn't do much either (I'm struggling to recall one good game he has ever had against the huns), and they recorded a win at Ibrox at Xmas without him! It was not a game for creative players yesterday  but for hammerthrowers. Strachan also said he would rely heavily on Lennon's advice in team selection yesterday.

With what was at stake, the 4-2 defeat at Parkhead at the start of the season etc, I didn't expect anything other than sterility yesterday. The fact is also that Mc Donald missed a sitter so the tactics could and indeed should have produced a win. The fact is as they proved at the end of last season when Celtic needed to chase goals and wins, against Rangers or anyone else inthe SPL, they invariably succeeded, with more or the less the same squad of players as they have to-day.

lfdown2

again this is not a one off, celtic can not create or score goals, wtf is going to happen if god forbid skippy gets injured??

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Are we ever going to see Ben Hutchinson, scoring for fun in the reserves.
Tbc....

the colonel

was in the squad yesterday, couldnt be worse than wat was on display yesterday. fair bit of fightin in glasgow last nite, a group of fellas were going at it for about 15 mins outside molly malones. then one of my mates got a dig outside bunker by a group of huns. thankfully the police were about as they appeared behind us about 5 mins later
the difference between success and failure is energy

ONeill

Got this email today:

An extract from an Italian Football magazine, with Marco Negri, about Rangers, and life with the Rangers..................

Marco Negri Interview

L.B. - Luigi Bruno (Interviewer)

M.N. - Marco Negri

L.B. - " Marco, you left Rangers under very strange circumstances, why was that?"

M.N.-" Strange? There was nothing strange in anything that happened there, they simply did not want me there any longer".

L.B.- 'Why was that?"

M.N.- " The honest answer is that I didn't know then and I still don't know even today. Nobody ever explained why I had fallen out of favour."

L.B.- " Your goal record at Rangers was fantastic and when fit and available you were scoring for fun. I, and many others still do not understand why you left under a cloud".

M.N.- "Let's just say you are getting very close to why I think that I was frozen out. Scotland is a very claustrophobic place where everything is examined and analyzed endlessly. Scottish society is in many ways a backward place".

L.B. - "What do you mean by that?"

M.N. - " The culture, the underlying culture of Rangers was not good. The first team players had a habit of drinking vast amounts of alcohol during the week. As you know here in Italy we have a different culture as professional footballers. We know that it is our duty to keep ourselves fit and healthy.

Some of the players there like Paul Gascoigne and Andy Goram would turn up smelling of drink BEFORE training!! I could not understand why such behaviour was tolerated by Walter Smith who was manager then".

L.B.- " Marco we are well aware of Paul Gascoigne's problems and it is sad to see his decline, we saw it earlier at Lazio. Are you saying that the players were out of control?"

M.N.- " Absolutely, I tried to point this out to Walter Smith several times but he became very defensive and said that I needed to understand Scottish footballing culture.

He would hear no criticism of Goram and especially Gascoigne who could literally do anything he wanted to and still get away with it! It wasn't just their drinking however, they had some really extreme political and religious views".

L.B.- " Could you elaborate on this please?".

M.N. - " Of course. They hated Catholics. All of them. I never understood why they were so filled with hatred.

Several of us who were Catholic players and all foreigners were told upon arrival, never to bless ourselves at Ibrox as it could cause problems for us. I began to understand that Rangers was an extreme club very similar to Lazio here in Italy . You know, a right wing club with right wing supporters. I personally am not a practicing Catholic but my wife Anna Maria is, and it used to cause me pain when I heard what they said about my fellow Catholics. Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz, just kept quiet and kept their heads down"

L.B.- " What finally brought things to a head?"

M.N.- " I was rapidly disillusioned by Rangers and especially their supporters. As part of my professional duties I was strongly encouraged to attend social functions which meant going to several Rangers supporters clubs.

The last one I attended really brought home to me the fact that I had nothing in common with these people. The anti-Catholic feeling was venomous and the songs they sang that evening filled me with disgust. It was at that point I decided not to give my all for a club that condoned such behaviour. I went sick. Walter Smith knew the real reason for my 'illness' and he just ignored it.

But I wasn't lying, I was sick, sick of Rangers and sick of what they stood for and that is the truth"
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

Jeez Oneill thats fairly damning.
Any idea what magazine that is supposed to be lifted from.
forgive me for being a doubting thomas but given your creative writing skills, this wouldnt be hard to make up, especially as I had heard bits in interviews mentioning some of that before - esp that Negri, amoruso, albertz etc were told not to bless themselves etc.
rangers might not be quite as bad now, but they are still some way off the rest of the spl teams in terms of decency and inclusiveness etc.

negri was a heck of a striker. I used to wish Celtic would go and sign him.

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 17, 2009, 08:55:20 AM
Jeez Oneill thats fairly damning.
Any idea what magazine that is supposed to be lifted from.
forgive me for being a doubting thomas but given your creative writing skills, this wouldnt be hard to make up, especially as I had heard bits in interviews mentioning some of that before - esp that Negri, amoruso, albertz etc were told not to bless themselves etc.
rangers might not be quite as bad now, but they are still some way off the rest of the spl teams in terms of decency and inclusiveness etc.

It's a spoof interview.
A bit on the wild side but just enough truth to have you believing the rest of it.
O'Neill is on a winner.
Even if he thought it was a genuine interview to begin with, he can now claim he was just winding up the celtic thread.

Personally I think the gullible O'Neill fell for it  ;D

T Fearon

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090209_Celtic.asp

Great to see the Celts return to Dundalk. I remember seeing them there back in 1975 (Dalglish and all) in a friendly, in the European Cup in 1979 (Lennox, Mc Grain. Aitken and all) and in 1982 in a friendly when Davie Provan had a wonder free kick ruled out (nearly causing a riot) and again in 1991 one of Liam Brady's first games in charge and Charlie Nicholas featured.

Am I about to create a record? I will be at the Celtic St Mirren game in Glasgow on Feb 28th and this game in Dundalk kicks off in less than 24 hours later. Can anyone else say they've seen Celtic play live twice in less than 24 hours

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 18, 2009, 12:12:44 PM
http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090209_Celtic.asp

Great to see the Celts return to Dundalk. I remember seeing them there back in 1975 (Dalglish and all) in a friendly, in the European Cup in 1979 (Lennox, Mc Grain. Aitken and all) and in 1982 in a friendly when Davie Provan had a wonder free kick ruled out (nearly causing a riot) and again in 1991 one of Liam Brady's first games in charge and Charlie Nicholas featured.

Am I about to create a record? I will be at the Celtic St Mirren game in Glasgow on Feb 28th and this game in Dundalk kicks off in less than 24 hours later. Can anyone else say they've seen Celtic play live twice in less than 24 hours
think I have

the Lansdowne tournament with Celtic, Derry city, Newcastle and PSV (or some dutch team)
was played two days in a row.
First day Celtic played Derry City in the second match with Derry winning 1-0!
The two losers played in the first match the following day which was less than 24 hours before the kickoff time for the second game the prev day !

So unless I am incorrect with which match came first, I have beaten you to that record Tone !
;)

Main st
Funnily enough the 'mock' interview contains quite a few true snippets that I have heard before from different sources.
ex-ranger players among them.Certainly albertz and negri have had a few comments in interviews containing much the same!