?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 12, 2009, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 12, 2009, 02:20:04 PM
Back over for the St Mirren game on Feb 28th? Does anyone else on this thread actually go and support the team apart from me?

Yes I'm heading over for the Buddies match as well.
I was also meant to be heading over for that game too, but now cant due to other committments!

lfdown2

havnt got over/up this season yet either what with moving to london and various things, was meant to head to the villareal game but the rest pulled out so it appears i am not as much a supporter as i though, hail tony

also not sure if you have noticed but not everyone on the board feels the need to gloat every time the take a piss

Muzz

Are most of you in Celtic Supporters clubs?  How much does it cost you for each trip?  Travel and ticket?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Muzz on February 12, 2009, 03:24:38 PM
Are most of you in Celtic Supporters clubs?  How much does it cost you for each trip?  Travel and ticket?
just book aer lingus or ryanair to glasgow/prestwick or edinburgh (usually cheapest deals - then get the train over less than an hour and much the same as prestwick).

Used to have a season ticket (ten years) until a couple of years ago, going over three or four times a year didnt really justify having the ticket.
However I had bequeathed it to a supporters club and some Glasgow friends, so now if I need a ticket they always get me one.

couldnt be ersed going over on the boat. Swore I'd never travel by ferry again the last time I came home on one on liverpool - Dub route.

some lads love the supporters clubs and the craic.

T Fearon

Not boasting or taking the piss or knocking anyone. But I'm getting over and back for this game by air (as I did for the Jan games V Hibs and Dundee Utd) for less than £40, and I'll be home in this house at 9pm eating my tea ;D

Say what you want about Mick O'Leary but thats hard to beat ;D

Muzz

Na i know all that Lynchboy but just wondering how most do it now.

Since moving to Belfast I left my supporters club (couldnt attend the weekly meetings) We got over for £25 that included boat, travel to the game and match ticket.  Pretty reasonable compared to other clubs.  Just was an early start and late finish.  Leaving the town about 6 for the 8:20 HSS...game out for 5ish, boat about 8 ish, home bout 11.

Werent worth tuppings.

For the away games now I go over on the Friday night, head out for a few on the Friday up to the game on Sat and stay in city for the night.  Makes more of a trip of it and allows you to enjoy the win :-) (sometimes :-P)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Muzz on February 12, 2009, 04:35:18 PM
Na i know all that Lynchboy but just wondering how most do it now.

Since moving to Belfast I left my supporters club (couldnt attend the weekly meetings) We got over for £25 that included boat, travel to the game and match ticket.  Pretty reasonable compared to other clubs.  Just was an early start and late finish.  Leaving the town about 6 for the 8:20 HSS...game out for 5ish, boat about 8 ish, home bout 11.

Werent worth tuppings.

For the away games now I go over on the Friday night, head out for a few on the Friday up to the game on Sat and stay in city for the night.  Makes more of a trip of it and allows you to enjoy the win :-) (sometimes :-P)
I cant go and stay over because of an incident in 1998.
Wife not happy and its more hassle than its worth doing so.

Almost wish I had got up to what she reckons I did !
Same 'penalty' either way.  :o

Rav67

Quote from: T Fearon on February 12, 2009, 02:20:04 PM
Back over for the St Mirren game on Feb 28th? Does anyone else on this thread actually go and support the team apart from me?

Tried to go to Inverness game in December, but flight was delayed by 9 hours due to fog and Edinburg flight was booked up as a result and I missed the match.  Was at OT for the 3-0 loss to Man Ure,  so Sunday will be my 2nd game this season.  Was at nearly all CL home games for a few years when I was a student and usually about 3 league games a season as well.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Internet is going into melt-down with stories/rumours of Artur Boruc in match fixing scandel involving Polish Mafia, also Arturs seemingly been caught doing coke/drugs, Arturs being sacked by Celtic and Arturs life a risk from Polish Mafia!!
FFS you'd never think that there's a Celtic v Rangers match on Sunday!  ::) ::) ::)

Btw sum total of evidence for all the above allegations = zero.
Tbc....

lfdown2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 13, 2009, 12:34:11 PM
Internet is going into melt-down with stories/rumours of Artur Boruc in match fixing scandel involving Polish Mafia, also Arturs seemingly been caught doing coke/drugs, Arturs being sacked by Celtic and Arturs life a risk from Polish Mafia!!
FFS you'd never think that there's a Celtic v Rangers match on Sunday!  ::) ::) ::)

from page of the Daily Ranger tomorrow im sure.....scum!

carribbear

Is that all?? Pretty tame by scottish media standards

nifan

Arturs seemingly been caught doing coke/drugs

If he makes a great save/saves a penalty he should do a robbie fowleresque line sniff

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on February 13, 2009, 03:55:46 PM
Arturs seemingly been caught doing coke/drugs

If he makes a great save/saves a penalty he should do a robbie fowleresque line sniff

Are you joking, the scottish press would have him cruxified for antagonising the poor rankers fans (very sensitive lot are the Orcs).
Tbc....

nifan

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 13, 2009, 03:58:48 PM
(very sensitive lot are the Orcs).

arent all fans when they arent screaming obscenities?

lfdown2