62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 05, 2009, 01:36:01 PM
Dont worry lads, according to one of the Sunday papers yesterday, there is rumours Roy Keane could be on his way  :-\

Great win over the 'gers last week to f**k it up with a result like that yesterday.

Ah sweet Jesus no, we don't have the money the bould Royston would need to squander anyway.

Tbc....

T Fearon

Was at the game on Saturday, what a let down. 2-0 up and  coasting, then Dundee United took over completely and to cap it all that Hun bastard Feeney scored the equaliser and was then booked for taunting Celtic fans in a totally non sectarian manner of course. >:(

On the bright side Brown must be a shoe in for Scottish Footballer of the Year, Samaras can score but his ball control and first touch are the worst I've ever seen, and Celtic could do worse than sign Willo Flood who masterminded Dundee United's comeback by completely subduing Brown.

Also I won the Xmas Quix Competition in the Celtic View and will soon be receiving a toaster which imprints the word "Celtic" on the bread!

PS Did you hear there was an outbreak of food poisoning at Ibrox on December 27th? Apparently a McDonald's wrap made all the Huns sick! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

T Fearon

Er, if I was the only entrant how come there was a second prize won in the quiz by a chap from Dublin. Toaster retails in Celtic Shops for £40, so its not a bad old prize at all.

Also won the 101 Best of Irish CD on U105 over Xmas as well... a very profitable time indeed. ;D

T Fearon

Second prize in the Celtic View Quiz was the History DVD (which I already own), and retails at 30 odd quid. Believe the winner was a chap named Callaghan from Dublin!

Forgot to mention also that I won a Munster Rugby Jersey over the Holidays, as a weekly winner in the Belfast Telegraph's Magners League Pick the Score Competition as well... winning competitions is not just for Christmas though! ;D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 05, 2009, 11:16:40 AM
Ginger  C U N T !    >:(
Don't understand the animosity towards Strachan. 3 titles and a 4th on the way, 2 last 16 finishes in the Champions League, and all on a far smaller budget than MON was given. When was the last time Strachan was given 6 or 7 million to splash on one player? And yet he's taken the ageing team tha O'Neill left behind and transformed it on the cheap. Give the man some credit.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on January 05, 2009, 02:20:44 PM
Was at the game on Saturday, what a let down. 2-0 up and  coasting, then Dundee United took over completely and to cap it all that Hun b**tard Feeney scored the equaliser and was then booked for taunting Celtic fans in a totally non sectarian manner of course. >:(
On the bright side Brown must be a shoe in for Scottish Footballer of the Year, Samaras can score but his ball control and first touch are the worst I've ever seen, and Celtic could do worse than sign Willo Flood who masterminded Dundee United's comeback by completely subduing Brown.

Also I won the Xmas Quix Competition in the Celtic View and will soon be receiving a toaster which imprints the word "Celtic" on the bread!

PS Did you hear there was an outbreak of food poisoning at Ibrox on December 27th? Apparently a McDonald's wrap made all the Huns sick! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
No doubt Hoops fans were giving him a generous round of applause at the time.  ;)

T Fearon

I was sitting in the  North Stand and Feeney taunted fans in the South Stand. Now I don't know whether or not he was provoked but even if he was, it is no excuse. If every player reacted to fans taunts there would be mayhem. The referee showed him a yellow card and he has been in all the local papers gloating about scoring against Celtic, how big a huns fan he is, and this is the highlight of his absolutely average career etc etc. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Actually Dundee United are to be admired for having a go particularly when they were two goals down. They play better football than the huns. Also there are worse players in the Ireland squad than Willo Flood.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 05:20:52 PM
Don't understand the animosity towards Strachan. 3 titles and a 4th on the way, 2 last 16 finishes in the Champions League, and all on a far smaller budget than MON was given. When was the last time Strachan was given 6 or 7 million to splash on one player? And yet he's taken the ageing team tha O'Neill left behind and transformed it on the cheap. Give the man some credit.
he has been told he has money to spend but he spends it on rubbish second reat scots internationals or english div 2 (old name, am fecked if I know what the league below epl/div 1 is called these days) has beens or never will be's.
theres money there but he doesnt know how to spend it.
MON had much the same problem apart from the three big buys he made (sutton, BBJ and Lennon).

Dundee utd have been playing fantastic stuff this season. Have drawn with Celtic and rangers twice each thius season if I am not wrong.
Saw the last game on tv v rangers and they came from 0-1 down to destroy the huns and go 2-1 up before being caught near the end with a goal against the run of play.

Tony, you have to accept that the rangers fan feeney is going to celebrate scoring a goal against Celtic. If I was a dundee utd sub who came on and scored against rangers I'd be equally as happy.
So what if his gestures to the crowd were reminicent of gazza, you cant buy class .....we all know that !
;)

T Fearon

I can understand how the cnut was happy. I had a mate who played for an Irish League club way back in the late 70s early 80s, and Feeney's da played for Linfield/IFA and every time he played against my mate he kept a constant barrage of fenian bastard etc during the game.Young Warren hasn't picked it up off the streets as they say.

Nevertheless it is in my view totally unacceptable to run of fthe pitch and give opposing fans verbals, which is exactly what Feeney did last Saturday.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2009, 10:23:28 AM
I can understand how the cnut was happy. I had a mate who played for an Irish League club way back in the late 70s early 80s, and Feeney's da played for Linfield/IFA and every time he played against my mate he kept a constant barrage of fenian b**tard etc during the game.Young Warren hasn't picked it up off the streets as they say.

Nevertheless it is in my view totally unacceptable to run of fthe pitch and give opposing fans verbals, which is exactly what Feeney did last Saturday.
I would agree Tony but the powers that be seem to let this go on a consistent basis.
the lad himself is obv just a wee sc**bag (like father like son seems to be apt here from what you are saying) but we know the authorities wont do anything about it.
I suppose on the other hand we have Artur blessing himself and got off, however he has been censured and cannot do likewise any more - so you would at least expect the same 'sentence' to be handed out to feeney.
still I suppose his sentence will soon to be joining the rest of his 'international' colleagues in english div 2 & 3 !

Congrats on the toaster !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 05, 2009, 05:20:52 PM

Ah ffs, just read the thread - the reasons are all laid out in plain english!  ::)

Get the Wee Ginger Shite away to fcuk!!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I can understand how the cnut was happy. I had a mate who played for an Irish League club way back in the late 70s early 80s, and Feeney's da played for Linfield/IFA and every time he played against my mate he kept a constant barrage of fenian b**tard etc during the game.Young Warren hasn't picked it up off the streets as they say.

Tone and Lynchbhoy, whilst Feeney 'maybe' a wee sectarian sc**bag, the fact remains that Dundee Utd came back from 2 goals down to equalize with the Champions, so for me it was disappointing to see Feeney score, but it would have been equally disappointing to see Flood score the equalizer!!
Truth is the team played crap in the second half, didn't kill the game off when they had the chance, managers tactics again proved to be wrong - I mean Lee Naylor - WTF!!
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 06, 2009, 11:13:58 AM

Tone and Lynchbhoy, whilst Feeney 'maybe' a wee sectarian sc**bag, the fact remains that Dundee Utd came back from 2 goals down to equalize with the Champions, so for me it was disappointing to see Feeney score, but it would have been equally disappointing to see Flood score the equalizer!!
Truth is the team played crap in the second half, didn't kill the game off when they had the chance, managers tactics again proved to be wrong - I mean Lee Naylor - WTF!!
...yep and I have said that both Celts and huns have not beaten dundee utd this season afaik.
Celtic have been poor this season, you can blame the players but when you have lads that cant tackle in defence, and a team that doesnt mark opponents from corners and free kicks, then you are asking for trouble.
Thats one for the 'why gs isnt good enough' list (or is it two).
tactically naive from the start ofhis managerial career in Celtic, and has not improved (should he be 'learning' in such a high profile job?)

We know Naylor - nice lad but not good enough - needs to be replaced - thats been obvious for the past three seasons.its transfer window time and all I have heard is that we are after yet more f**king midfielders(though gs will play caldwell in midfield first chance he gets  >:()
A LB and another (less inj prone) striker to partner samaras for next seaons CL is what is needed. That wont be bought until we guarantee qualification - then all targets will be gone!  ::)

T Fearon

Players must be blamed for last Saturday and the weaknesses in the full back positions notwithstanding, I would point the finger more at Boruc for the free kick and Caldwell for Feeney's goal ( he should never have beaten him to the ball in the first place).

Lads it was simply a case of complacency setting in when they went two goals up and the way Dundee Utd had been playing up to then you wouldn't have foreseen any comeback, these things shouldn't happen but they do in sport all the time.At the end of the day Strachan has led Celtic to 3 league titles in a row, two last 16s of the Champions League and the team are currently 5 points clear at the top of the league. That is a decent managerial track record by any standards, in my opinion.