Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Lads, I spent the pre match time in Merchant City and Princes Square shops, at the behest of my wife who accompanied me. Sorry I missed you. Didn't even get to see the brick as that area of the stadium was cordoned off. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer walked right past me on his way up to the main entrance, past Brother Walfrid's sculpture, with his reserve squad, about an hour before kick off.

illdecide

just watched the highlights there on the BBC website, not bad at all. Sheridan took his goals well espicially the first one and Donati looked like he had a decent game...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the colonel

was at the game,  sheridan was good, got better after the first goal, donati was good. killmarnock never had a shot that brown had to save. mark wilson is gettin better at left back. how he hasn't been capped yet i dunno
the difference between success and failure is energy

mhacadoir

wilson had a good game, as did hinkel. i9 think mr naylors days in a celtic top will be numbered.

i think if sheridan has another year under him he will be a top player, i was at the hibs game and he scored and watched last nite on the telly (polish tv!) and he grew in confidence. Good to see mizuno being blooded in as well, we are having a lot of midfield options with donati back, brown playing well, hartley, robson, crosas, mc geady, maloney, naka.

T Fearon

Everythin looking rosey, fringe players proving they're up to the task and not dropping any silly points. Tocuh wood it continues. Naka's goal was top class as well, but the Sheridan's fist was something else, great header on, following up for th pass and finished cooly with aplomb. Hope he doesn't come back to Cavan for the Mc Kenna Cup ;D

the colonel

'Secret' Obama code name revealed 

The names are chosen for ease during radio communications
The not-so-secret code names used by the US Secret Service for the president-elect and his family have been published.

Barack Obama is called Renegade, while his wife Michelle is Renaissance, and their daughters Rosebud and Radiance.

They will replace Trailblazer (President George W Bush) and his wife Tempo in the White House on 20 January.

The names are chosen to be easily pronounced and understood when agents use radio communications.

A list of names starting with R was drawn up by the White House Communications Agency, a branch of the military that serves the White House and Secret Service.

SECRET SERVICE CODE NAMES

Renegade: Barack Obama, President-elect
Renaissance: Michelle Obama, president-elect's wife
Radiance: Malia Obama, president-elect's daughter
Rosebud: Sasha Obama, president-elect's daughter
Trailblazer: George W Bush, President
Tempo: Laura Bush, First Lady
Rawhide: Ronald Reagan, ex-President
Smurfette: Kareena Gore, ex-vice-president's daughter 

When 19-year-old Karenna Gore's father became vice-president in 1993 she had to choose her own name.

In 1997, she wrote: "Ever since four years ago, when I was put on the spot and told 'two syllables' and 'It has to start with an s,' I have been cringing in the back seat when identified as 'Smurfette'."

Al Gore frequently told people his code name was Al Gore because he was so boring. However, the Washington Post reported that he was initially called Sawhorse but eventually became Sundance for unknown reasons.

Vice-President-elect Joe Biden is known as Celtic.

The outgoing president retains his code name as he and his family will continue to have Secret Service protection.

"There's nothing top secret about them," Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren told Associated Press.

"It has no operational security significance any more because of encrypted communication capabilities."

The code names have "nothing to do with security" and more to do with ease in radio communication for those agents whispering into microphones up their sleeves.

The defeated Republican presidential candidate John McCain, a senator from Arizona, is Phoenix, while his wife Cindy is Parasol.

His running mate, Sarah Palin, was Denali - the name of national park in her home state of Alaska, and the natural gas pipeline project there.

Her husband, Todd, the North Slope oil worker, was Driller.

Previous code names have included: Passkey for President Gerald Ford; Rawhide for President Ronald Reagan; Deacon for President Jimmy Carter; and Angler for Vice-President Dick Cheney

New Vice President is a hoop!!
the difference between success and failure is energy

Doogie Browser

illdecide

Lads Celtic were poor yesterday...def thought it would finish a draw and TBH did we even deserve a draw never mind a win but i suppose take them while we're getting them as I'm sure there'll be some decisions against us soon enough. Thought McManus and Caldwell were at fault for their goal, donati was poor and thought Maloney was brutal...then again there were too many brutal to mention :-[
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

under the bar

Aye it was tough to watch.   The injured players are badly needed back.

reddgnhand

Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2008, 09:38:07 AM
Lads Celtic were poor yesterday...def thought it would finish a draw and TBH did we even deserve a draw never mind a win but i suppose take them while we're getting them as I'm sure there'll be some decisions against us soon enough. Thought McManus and Caldwell were at fault for their goal, donati was poor and thought Maloney was brutal...then again there were too many brutal to mention :-[

McManus is brutal full stop. That was hard to watch yesterday. No entertainment value whatsoever.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: reddgnhand on November 17, 2008, 11:03:22 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2008, 09:38:07 AM

McManus is brutal full stop. That was hard to watch yesterday. No entertainment value whatsoever.

Bit harsh there on Mick!
Celtic are due some poor results as well as good ones, away to a team like Accies (who have nothing to lose) would always be tricky, also taking into account the fact that we have nearly a full first team out injured!
Tbc....

Clown

nothing to get excited about yesterday but to win leagues u hav to win the ugy games as well

Rav67

Thought big Mick was one of the better performers yesterday along with Robson when he came on at left back for Wilson, who returned to being shite after a decent run of games there.  Very poor display considering the form Celtic have been in in recent weeks, but turning 1 point into 3 late in the game after a poor performance is why Celtic have won 3-in-a-row under WGS, and why we'll make that 4 this season.

slow corner back

Sylvinhio, ( Is he the left back from Barcelona who played for Arsenal years ago?), is touting himself for Celtic as he is no longer in Barcas plans? If it is the same player he was OK if not outstanding at Arsenal does anyone know much about him?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

People on this thread are always quick to flag up any refereeing mistakes against Celtic so only fair to mention a very bad call on Sunday where Celtic were wrongly awarded a penalty for a foul which was clearly outside the box. Very harsh on Accies who did enough to earn a point from the match.  Had the decision gone the other day there would be outcry on here.