?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Plus points, brilliant atmosphere and heroic performance by every

T Fearon

(continued) single Celtic player. Longest second half I ever sat through, but if we had had eleven fit experienced players we would have won the game. Funniest sight of the night was the 5 indian guys in front of me singing The fields of athenry :D. I even managed to wangle my way into the Investors Club for a pint after the game ;D

Downside. Had the misfortune to board a bus in the City Centre for Celtic Park, 3/4 full of English Scummy Bastards, as nasty a shower as I've seen. Thankfully I also witnessed a competent Police Force in action as a couple of Strathclyde's finest got on a mile up the road ejected a few louts and warned the rest that a Police Van was tailing the bus and any further loutish behaviour would result in arrests. Also, in the City centre after the game was approaching the hotel with a Celtic bag from the shop when three huns emerged from a pub, spotted the bag, and started whistling The Famine Song >:(

lurganblue

T Fearon

lynchbhoy

a decent result, but should have won the game. Sitting back and trying to defend (way too deeply) from 13 minutes was stupid.
man u never looked like creating, lovely passing football but the only time the ball looked dangerous was when Celtic defenders missed the ball coming on from 2 corners and that cross at the end berbatov fluffed.
I dont think man u would like playing in the spl week in week out with 10 or 11 men behind the ball - as Celtic have to endure.
Forget about the comparisons regarding the cost of the teams, Celtics players got stuck in and it seems there is a little bit of cowardice among some man u players - and they talk about Arsenal being soft.

Pity Sheridan didnt put that goal away as it would have been a decent victory 2-0. Man u dominated posession, but could or would do nothing with it. I blame strachan for not going after another goal and trying to shut up shop way too early.

I think Celtic can beat aalborg away, I think it will be uefa cup for them if it goes well and Samaras gets back fit soon - he was really missed last night.

Defence played v well , as did the midfield -best I have seen Hinkel and wilson play. Scott brown is in danger now of a big bid from down south. Best player on the park last night. think Celtic showed other teams how man u can be beaten.

T Fearon

Agree Lynchboy but Celtic simply hadn't the energy (or ample experience up front) to do other than defend on this occasion. Was nerve wracking sitting in the stands counting down the minutes. Samaras and VOH definitely would have caused big probems for Ferdinand and Vidic, neither of whom I rate. Take Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov out of the Man Ure side and they would be mediocre, particularly since age is catching up with Giggs and Scholes. No way will they retain the Champions League this season

Only hope that the other night doesn't put Brown and Mc Manus in the shop window for the English Premiership though.

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on November 07, 2008, 11:02:28 AM
...........for Ferdinand and Vidic, neither of whom I rate.

More nonsense from Fearon ::)
If you dont rate either of them, who do you rate???

T Fearon

Hull City last Saturday showed how "good" this pair really are.

full back

T Fearon

Certainly judging on the display the other night, Caldwell and Mc Manus are better than Ferdinand and Vidic, there's no way that Ferdinand and Vidic would have withstood the sustained pressure that Caldwell and Mc Manus were subjected to

lurganblue

caldwell is an absolute bombscare... up there with bramble and boomsong IMHO

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on November 07, 2008, 11:39:36 AM
Certainly judging on the display the other night, Caldwell and Mc Manus are better than Ferdinand and Vidic, there's no way that Ferdinand and Vidic would have withstood the sustained pressure that Caldwell and Mc Manus were subjected to

FFS catch a grip of yourself man
Hard to judge Ferdinand & Vidic as the ball hardly crossed the halfway line after 13 mins
They may have played better (they had plenty of chances to shine because of the amount of ball going in) , but there is no way in this world they are better

T Fearon

My contention is that Ferdinand and Vidc would not have coped as well with the barrage the other night as Mc Manus and Caldwell did and they are rarely exposed to persistent pressure in any game.

My views on Ferdinand will always be jaundiced since the day back in 2001, when he was playing for Leeds at White Hart Lane, when he was attempting to clear under no pressure but headed straight down to his cousing Les who promptly and gratefully despatched the ball to the Leeds net ;D

lynchbhoy

I think Vidic is quite good, and although ferdinand has improved,he's still poor.

Celtics entire def played well, but you have to say that man u were bereft of ideas and had no penetration in the final third.
I dont think Caldwell is great,but he has played well this past number of games, McManus is 100% all action trier, but still a tad limited. Better combo than a lot of epl sides and cl sides. Loovens has looked like he is better than both of them , but is inj right now and as he isnt scottish, would find it hard getting his place ahead of Caldwell.

Interesting question, good centre halves in epl right now
John Terry , carvalho , vidic , Dunne, wes brown, taylor of newcastle , lescott, micah richards,ledley king
and I cant rem who plays for villa but with MON's love of centre halves, he's bound to have a good one.

there are a few good 'modern style' of centre half - Liverpools lads - skrtl and agger are a good example - cant think of who plays at what team inepl, as I am a casual observer...ferdinand would fall into this category, but would be average imo though

I prefer the old style of centre half.

Chrisowc

Quote from: full back on November 07, 2008, 11:31:59 AM
I asked you who do you rate?

I recall he had big things to say about Paul McShane last season.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!