?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on August 15, 2008, 10:48:32 AM
I don´t know anything about the player, it's a lot of money for a player in the last year of his contract,
but I love this bit of reporting.

'The Dutchman informed Rangers that he had grown tired of their prevarication'

'The transfer has also been largely funded by the extra £2.5m in television revenue earned by Celtic for Rangers' failure to reach the Champions League group stages. In the end, Celtic's ability to meet Cardiff's demands, and their automatic qualification for the group stages, proved irresistible to the defender.

Aye, he's been quoted today as saying that he had the choice between Celtic and Rangers and he chose Celtic because of the CL.
Tbc....

under the bar

Looks like Pedro Mendez is for greyskull.   Not seen enough of him in the premiership to have a view on him.

T Fearon

Mendes will forever be in the annals at White Hart Lane for "scoring" against Man Ure at Old Trafford from the halfway line against Carroll, the ball was clearly three yards over the line, but the referee said that Carroll saved it and refused to award the goal.

Saw him playing for Portsmouth against Spurs last Easter when he was largely anonymous.

Good enough ball player, not a big pile of heart or aggression and not up to the rough and tumble of the SPL and completely out of place among the hammerthrowers at Ibrox.

under the bar

Maybe Smith is gonna abandon the death by 90-minute strangulation tactic!  Failure to deliver the title will prob men the end of him and super-ally so he might as well go out playing football for a change!

Main Street

The bit I liked was Celtic being able to spend Ranger's money in order to sign a player from under their noses. ;D

the colonel

they need of a left back is screaming out. but at least thats a few players in. bount to be more coming
the difference between success and failure is energy

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the colonel on August 15, 2008, 12:01:56 PM
they need of a left back is screaming out. but at least thats a few players in.
and has been for two years at least

two centre halves - that glenn loovens, also Madlung from wolfsburg on the radar apparantly, plus some other french league LB - think he is from ghana

bobo not leaving could scupper one of these signings

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Bobo's really starting to piss me off, £27,500 a week isn't enough for him now! - think most teams will tell him to fcuk right off after that last rejection!  >:(
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 15, 2008, 02:30:39 PM
Bobo's really starting to piss me off, £27,500 a week isn't enough for him now! - think Wolves will tell him to fcuk right off after that last rejection!  >:(
apparantly its only 3 - 4 grand a week less than he is on, plus he will get first team football.

he is holding out for a big payoff from lawell,the remainder of his years wages. Dont think he will get that from lawell, although they could meet halfway- which is prob what bobo is after.
terrible way for his Celtic career to end, although he has been shabbily treated now.
Rem the furore over his transfer in ! !(because toulouse went bankrupt - and MON didnt have to pay the 2million he had agreed and got him free !)

T Fearon

Think of the players Bobo's and Gravesen's weekly salaries could finance. >:(

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2008, 02:33:53 PM
Think of the players Bobo's and Gravesen's weekly salaries could finance. >:(
I know, but you dont want to run away too much with this years title!
:D

Great to hear you had a good day at the flag unfurling!
Even better again that it was Mrs. Burns that was asked to do so. Very appropriate and decent gesture.

give me a shout next time you or GDA are heading over...am overdue a trip there for a game.

T Fearon

Will do! Really enjoyed it, after being pissed off (in every respect) at Croker on Saturday! Tony Roper (remember Rab C Nesbitt's sidekick) even said hello to me as I walked across the Carpark at the front of the stadium before the game, he has wriiten a play about Celtic in Seville and was on the pitch at half time talking about it. Also as I was in need of cheering up after Saturday, so I treated myself to a Lisbon Lions Limited edition watch (inscribed on the back) which was reduced from £100 to £50 in the Superstore!

The 12.30 games on Sunday are ideal for easyjet flights from Belfast, booked the flight early for £50. Trouble is you can't always be sure that they wont change the date/time. They are playing Aberdeen at the end of September which is fixed for Saturday 27th,looks tasty. Will check the Setanta schedule, that way you can be sure that the date/time is fixed

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 15, 2008, 03:32:02 PM
Will do! Really enjoyed it, after being pissed off (in every respect) at Croker on Saturday! Tony Roper (remember Rab C Nesbitt's sidekick) even said hello to me as I walked across the Carpark at the front of the stadium before the game, he has wriiten a play about Celtic in Seville and was on the pitch at half time talking about it. Also as I was in need of cheering up after Saturday, so I treated myself to a Lisbon Lions Limited edition watch (inscribed on the back) which was reduced from £100 to £50 in the Superstore!

The 12.30 games on Sunday are ideal for easyjet flights from Belfast, booked the flight early for £50. Trouble is you can't always be sure that they wont change the date/time. They are playing Aberdeen at the end of September which is fixed for Saturday 27th,looks tasty. Will check the Setanta schedule, that way you can be sure that the date/time is fixed

I generally fly to edinburgh - easier to get flight (and cheaper) and its a 45 min train journey - much the same as the prestwick to glasgow train ride after the dublin to prestwick with ryanair.
I also look at the setanta schedule so you will be fairly sure that th gmae is fixed. Games have been fairly stationary in the past two years, prior to that they werre changed around a lot.

T Fearon

We will definitely head over before Xmas. I would also love to go to a Champions League game. Was lucky enough to be at Parkhead for the Juventus and Man Utd games in recent years and the atmosphere on occasions like these is simply unrivalled in any sporting arena anywhere

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Will do Lynchbhoy.
Tone the only CL match I got to last year was the Barca match, fantastic night, shame about the 2nd half!!  :'(
Tbc....