?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Rav67

Certainly miss Naka when he's not there.  I heard Celtic have put in a £2.5m bid to Portsmouth for Sean Davis, personally think the last thing we need is another central midfielder.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rav67 on August 11, 2008, 02:02:03 PM
Certainly miss Naka when he's not there.  I heard Celtic have put in a £2.5m bid to Portsmouth for Sean Davis, personally think the last thing we need is another central midfielder.

Davis knocked us back last week, personnally I don't want him anywhere near Paradise.

See Crosas was paraded yesterday hope he's worth all the hassle getting him.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

see Lawell says that Celtic had offered the argintinian striker Saviola and portugese winger queresma loans for this season but they both refused
Thats from way out of left field!
Def the kind and calibre of striker/winger Celtic should be going for

nifan

I think the story was that they offered similar deals years ago, before they where such big names, back in oneills day, rather than this season.

ExiledGael

From BBC news

Two Celtic players have been involved in an incident at a Glasgow pub.
Celtic and Scotland midfielder Scott Brown was assaulted outside the Bamboo club in the city centre at about 0230 BST on Monday.
Defender Darren O'Dea, 21, was arrested in connection with the incident. He was issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice for breach of the peace and released.
Another two men, aged 18 and 19, were also arrested. Strathclyde Police said a report would be sent to prosecutors.

Celtic forums claiming they got involved after an attck on McGeady but who knows.

T Fearon

Great day yesterday in Glasgow. Met an old work colleague completely out of the blue at the Lisbon Lions wall, who I hadn't seen for 20 years, and also bumped into Robert Carlyle in a shop in Buchanan Street after the game. Poor enough match but we are notoriously slow starters, and its good to get 3 points.

Funniest T Shirt on sale was the Scotland's Shame slogan next to an Easyjet plane with the words FC Kaunus and the caption, "Tell all the huns you know, Aberdeen's as far as you'll go!" ;D

ExiledGael

More good news. Cuellar's on his way. Agreed a £8 odd million deal with Villa tonight.

Over the Bar

QuoteMore good news. Cuellar's on his way. Agreed a £8 odd million deal with Villa tonight.

Rangers commit hari-kari at the start of the season.  Celtic for the league at 4/5 is a shoe in.  Get on it before the odds tumble.

Main Street

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 11, 2008, 10:28:14 PM
More good news. Cuellar's on his way. Agreed a £8 odd million deal with Villa tonight.
I heard that £4m of that goes to Osasuna.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Main Street on August 12, 2008, 09:39:18 AM
Quote from: ExiledGael on August 11, 2008, 10:28:14 PM
I heard that £4m of that goes to Osasuna.

Now that would be fantastic news.

Crosas a done deal, another two - three players in the next couple of weeks, happy days, McGregor goes down south and the Orcs implode.  ;D
Tbc....

T Fearon

Even now, Martin O'Neill is helping the cause ;D

T Fearon

Photo in this weeks View! Albeit at a distance, I am discernible in the front row behind Mick and the St Mirren captain at the pre match toss up ;D

By the way, any of you read the 10 Days that Shook Celtic book? The chapter on the petit merde's defection to the Huns is hilarious. :D :D :D Talks about his early trials with Partick, and the fact that he was to become accustomed to many trials in Glasgow :D, also that he wanted to come back from Nantes so that his daughter could go to school in Glasgow or as they author says, "go to the same school he infrequently went to himself" :D.Very very funny

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Now looking like we have signed Glenn Loovens (the Cardiff defender and former Dutch under-21), he had a good season last year with Cardiff and the Hun have been trying to sign him all Summer.
Now I have two points, 1: Is he good enough for us and the CL
                                  2: I hope him hasn't been purchased because the Hun were after him and our other targets have fallen through=lazy scouting?!
Tbc....

Main Street

I don´t know anything about the player, it's a lot of money for a player in the last year of his contract,
but I love this bit of reporting.

'The Dutchman informed Rangers that he had grown tired of their prevarication'

'The transfer has also been largely funded by the extra £2.5m in television revenue earned by Celtic for Rangers' failure to reach the Champions League group stages. In the end, Celtic's ability to meet Cardiff's demands, and their automatic qualification for the group stages, proved irresistible to the defender.