Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

It seems WGS spends a big pile of money (eg Gravesen, Donati) before realising that certain players don't fit into his system. ???

mhacadoir

am i the only person who actually likes evander sno? well, ok, i think he has a lot of potential. he came on against barca in the nou camp and  was our best player in the second half. i hope he leaves, but so that he can realise his potential because as we were saying he doesn't fit into the "system".

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mhacadoir on July 31, 2008, 04:22:11 PM
am i the only person who actually likes evander sno? well, ok, i think he has a lot of potential. he came on against barca in the nou camp and  was our best player in the second half. i hope he leaves, but so that he can realise his potential because as we were saying he doesn't fit into the "system".
I dont think he is that bad, but has only showed glimpses of what he can do. Is lumbering and slow looking, when in actual fact the hoor is a quick sprinter. Am not sure that Strach has a system.
Normally this time of the year he is tinkering with his team formations etc , unfortunately this is usually in the CL qualifiers and we usually run the risk of being knocked out by some minnows like Kaunas !
Thankfully Celts are straight through to the group stages this year.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2008, 03:51:28 PM
Sno turned down a chance to join osasuna for 1.5Million - Strach must be going nuts !

In that deal, Sno seemingly turned down almost double the wage he's on with us, prefering to stay and fight for his place.
Thats commitment at least and the lad is young with bags of potential, hopefully that will show itself on the pitch this season.
Tbc....

T Fearon

He could be another Bobby Petta in the making ;D

Seriously though, could the lad ever win over the supporters now, no matter what he does?

slow corner back

score the winner in a couple of old firm games and he will soon win the fans over

Rav67

I don't think Sno or Donati have what it takes and would offload either of them for £1m each happily.  The Donati deal last summer was believed to be around £3m but WGS later said he only paid around half that so it wasn't a really big mistake and he did ok for a while.  Gives the ball away far too cheaply though for someone who was bought to be a good passer of the ball in midfield.

Was at Celtic v Cardiff in the Algarve tournament, what an awful game it was, only Darren O'Dea and young McGowan impressed me that match.  Watched the Porto game on Portugese tv, Celtic were excellent in the 1-0 win.  It was a very competitive game which Porto were going all out for as it was Baia's testimonial I think, and the crowd seemed to be at nearly full capacity.  Samaras played up on his own in a 4-5-1 which is probably how Celtic will line up away from home in the CL games this season, since JVOH just isn't mobile enough for that role and Skippy's too small.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Talk today on the net is that WGS is interested in Paul Robinson, left back from West Brom.
Baggies fans say that he is totally commited to whatever team he plays for too the point of having broken a players jaw and other players bones - has a terrible disciplinary record and failed a medical on a transfer to Wigan last year.
On the plus side he likes attacking and can put a good cross into the box, just not good at getting back and pretty poor at defending!  ::)
Did I mention that he's 29.
Tbc....

nifan

Itd go down well with fearon - it was a NI players jaw he broke!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic v Spurs
Live Sky sports 2
KO: 5.30pm

Class looking forward to this game, finishing work early (hopefully shortly) heading to the pub, getting a good seat and a lovely cold pint.................. ahhhhh mouth watering already.

Wonder who Tony's supporting?  ::) ;)

HAIL HAIL...............the CELTS are HERE.
Tbc....

T Fearon

Ah sure its only a friendly. Here's hoping for a great season for both clubs ;D

the green man

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 01, 2008, 02:09:36 PM
Talk today on the net is that WGS is interested in Paul Robinson, left back from West Brom...
...Did I mention that he's 29.

So was Barry Robson when he signed. Age aint nothing but a number

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: the green man on August 02, 2008, 12:25:18 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 01, 2008, 02:09:36 PM
Talk today on the net is that WGS is interested in Paul Robinson, left back from West Brom...
...Did I mention that he's 29.

So was Barry Robson when he signed. Age aint nothing but a number

Sorry, is that your input?
Care to quote the whole piece and comment on it, the age was put in as an aside.
And for your information age is more then a number when talking about professional soccer players. We already have a LB who is probably on a par with this player re: ability, and he is a year younger at 28, so why bother with this numpty?
Tbc....

Rav67

Celts pretty poor last night, expected that result tbh had Spurs h/t and f/t at 11/4.  The defence made Bent look world-class.

magpie seanie

Dipped into the highlights of Celtic v. Spurs this morning (aka Tonys creamfest) and heard distinctly the Celtic fans singing a tune that was of the fairly green varety. If Rangers fans were singing something as "orange" we'd be having multiple page threads here would we not?

Maybe it was the same tune but with different words? The version I know is about a uniform.