?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on August 31, 2023, 09:02:09 AM
Quote from: marty34 on August 26, 2023, 10:48:26 PM
Not a great start. Seems Lawell is back!!

Need to splash the cash this week.  Typical Celtic in fairness. Off-loading players and getting big money in but no interest in re-investing it.

Fans could turn against them very quickly. Similiar to the '9-in-a-row year' - just plodding along.

Performance was as bad as they've played in a few years. Whether that's a one off or not, time will tell but panel is clearly not as strong as last year.

Could get a serious tanking in the CL

This is what I posted last week.   I'll post the same this week.

Squad is a lot weaker than last year.

Jota sold - we buy Yang, Tilio and Palma
Starflet sold - we buy Lagerbielke and Nawrocki
Mooy retired - we buy Thiago Holm, Kwon and Paulo Bernardo is a done deal

I hear the Nat Philips is a done deal too to cover until Centre Halves get back fit. How can you say they've done nothing. FFS give them a chance to get the players in and get fit, when they're all back from injury the squad will be bursting at the seems. BR will need to offload serious numbers today, he will get them playing to his tune just give him another 2-3 weeks. It's a pity Snake Mountain is this Sunday as we're struggling with injuries and some form but that will come.
I read Hacksobanovic is also one and a half  feet out the door. After his disgraceful performance at CP on saturday I can only say good riddance to that w*nker.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: bennydorano on August 31, 2023, 06:17:18 PM
Decent group. I can see 5 pts, 1 home win and 2 home draws, 2 away defeats and 1 away draw. Assuming Brendy gets the show back on the road.

It could as easily be zero points as it's a "decent" group I.E Celtic raise their game for PSG, Barca etc. 

You have to wonder where the Scottish coefficient is now. Galatasary had 2 rounds to get into Champions League proper.

seafoid

Rangers getting hammered in the qualifying is bad news for Celtic.
Celtic needs a go fund me for the Champions League.

general_lee

Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2023, 06:49:06 AM

Celtic get an extra £3.5m tv money as a result of Rangers failure to qualify.

NAG1

I think Celtic fans will be more edgy about the result on Sunday than CL at the moment.

Big game for both teams for slightly different reasons.

Itchy

Super finish by Kyogo to go in at ht in the lead. Rangers goal correctly disallowed but the lad at ctr back for Celtic is a liability although have been impressed with scales. Taylor also a weak link. Hope to see few new signings in for part of 2nd half.

general_lee

Quote from: Itchy on September 03, 2023, 12:51:47 PM
Super finish by Kyogo to go in at ht in the lead. Rangers goal correctly disallowed but the lad at ctr back for Celtic is a liability although have been impressed with scales. Taylor also a weak link. Hope to see few new signings in for part of 2nd half.
Defence wouldn't fill you with confidence but it's what we have atm, not sure why Nat Phillips couldn't play though? Kyogo took his goal well but probably should already be on the scoresheet. Big second half coming up.

Itchy

Jesus does the Taylor lad still think he's with Rangers?

seafoid

Quote from: general_lee on September 01, 2023, 09:32:51 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2023, 06:49:06 AM

Celtic get an extra £3.5m tv money as a result of Rangers failure to qualify.
How many players will that buy?

Itchy

It'll be a serious indictment of Rangers if they can't score against this defence. At least Taylor going off

podge

Has to be one of the worst football matches I have seen in a while.  Both teams are total shite.

Itchy

Celtic hung on and a super 3 points but you'd have to worry about them in Europe with that defence.

bennydorano

I only watched the 2nd half but Celtic seemed lucky to come away with 3 pts there. BR still finding his feet and the team will get much better, have to 4 Europe.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on September 03, 2023, 01:32:31 PM
It'll be a serious indictment of Rangers if they can't score against this defence. At least Taylor going off
Johnston is fine  but bombscare defending from the CHs.
Apart from the goal, both sides couldn't hit a barn door all game, thought Celtic at times  looked very  good in the 1st half
Before the game I thought a draw would be an achievement but to get all three points is priceless.

general_lee

Quote from: podge on September 03, 2023, 01:50:30 PM
Has to be one of the worst football matches I have seen in a while.  Both teams are total shite.
That was Celtic's reserves you just watched