Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

delgany

Poor game, still unbeaten. Think it will be tighter league but once the team find their feet , it will be grand. Changing from Ange to Brendy will take a few more weeks to bed in .

marty34

Not a great start. Seems Lawell is back!!

Need to splash the cash this week.  Typical Celtic in fairness. Off-loading players and getting big money in but no interest in re-investing it.

Fans could turn against them very quickly. Similiar to the '9-in-a-row year' - just plodding along.

Performance was as bad as they've played in a few years. Whether that's a one off or not, time will tell but panel is clearly not as strong as last year.

Could get a serious tanking in the CL

This is what I posted last week.   I'll post the same this week.

Squad is a lot weaker than last year.

bannside

A section of the green brigade stayed behind and were booing loudly at the end of that yesterday. Rodgers needs to pull a few wins out of the bag or thats going to escalate very quickly....the renewed Lawell presence may well be a factor in this too. We are now at the mercy of Ange who must be seriously considering making a bid for Kyogo to replace Harry Kane.

Itchy

Some bating for Rangers but I'd fear it'll be same for Celtic in the group stages.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on August 30, 2023, 09:57:54 PM
Some bating for Rangers but I'd fear it'll be same for Celtic in the group stages.

Hibs got tanked by Aston Villa last week also.

Scottish football getting worse. Group stage for Celtic all about the money as they've very little chance of getting out of it. 

clarshack

All depends on the draw. A group such as Feyenoord, Porto and Red Star or Copenhagen might be a bit more manageable but we all know it will likely be another horrible group consisting of Man City, Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Blowitupref

Looking at Brendan Rodgers record in the Champions league the last time he was Celtic manager

2016–17 -  4th in the group with just three points.  Man City,Barcelona 1st and 2nd.

2017-18 -  3rd in the group with again three points.  Bayern Munich,PSG 1st and 2nd

2018/19 - lost Third qualifying round against AEK
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Aaron Boone

3rd in group would get a Europa League place and a shot at the big final in Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 30, 2023, 11:38:54 PM
3rd in group would get a Europa League place and a shot at the big final in Dublin.

Stall the ball......... One result at a time.

It's a long way from losing to Killie in an early round of the League Cup to thinking of a Europa Final in Dublin.

Liverpool, Brighton, Roma, Leverkusen, West ham, Villarreal, Ajax there already.

jcpen

Quote from: marty34 on August 30, 2023, 10:21:33 PM

Hibs got tanked by Aston Villa last week also.

Scottish football getting worse. Group stage for Celtic all about the money as they've very little chance of getting out of it.
Sure didn't Sligo Rovers hammer Motherwell last season also.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

JPGJOHNNYG

Just saw the fifth goal from last night ;D. You are 4-1 down 10 mins to go and you are trying to play it out from the back :o

illdecide

Quote from: marty34 on August 26, 2023, 10:48:26 PM
Not a great start. Seems Lawell is back!!

Need to splash the cash this week.  Typical Celtic in fairness. Off-loading players and getting big money in but no interest in re-investing it.

Fans could turn against them very quickly. Similiar to the '9-in-a-row year' - just plodding along.

Performance was as bad as they've played in a few years. Whether that's a one off or not, time will tell but panel is clearly not as strong as last year.

Could get a serious tanking in the CL

This is what I posted last week.   I'll post the same this week.

Squad is a lot weaker than last year.

Jota sold - we buy Yang, Tilio and Palma
Starflet sold - we buy Lagerbielke and Nawrocki
Mooy retired - we buy Thiago Holm, Kwon and Paulo Bernardo is a done deal

I hear the Nat Philips is a done deal too to cover until Centre Halves get back fit. How can you say they've done nothing. FFS give them a chance to get the players in and get fit, when they're all back from injury the squad will be bursting at the seems. BR will need to offload serious numbers today, he will get them playing to his tune just give him another 2-3 weeks. It's a pity Snake Mountain is this Sunday as we're struggling with injuries and some form but that will come.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Rangers were good going forward last night. I'm expecting to lose 3-0 on Sunday.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

general_lee

Feyenoord
Atletico
Lazio
Celtic

Could have been much, much worse.
The eternal optimist in me sees some points to be got but the realist in me knows to prepare for the worst.

bennydorano

Decent group. I can see 5 pts, 1 home win and 2 home draws, 2 away defeats and 1 away draw. Assuming Brendy gets the show back on the road.