?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2023, 03:54:35 PM
He'll be a good quality replacement for Ange, but like most Celtic supporters it all feels a bit meh. He'll have to work to win back the support and unless he radically improves us in Europe he hasn't got much room for manoeuvre as we're already TOTP domestically.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-began-mending-celtic-30229551

marty34

Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2023, 03:54:35 PM
He'll be a good quality replacement for Ange, but like most Celtic supporters it all feels a bit meh. He'll have to work to win back the support and unless he radically improves us in Europe he hasn't got much room for manoeuvre as we're already TOTP domestically.

It's all about Europe now.

Need to show improvements there and make progress there.

Hopefully Rogers impresses on Desmond the amount of money required to make a mark in Europe. If I was Rogers I'd be making this a guarantee if I'm returning to Glasgow.

BrotherMore6592

Rogers back to get a wee confidence booster and get an easy win in the SPL for a season before waiting for a decent job to come in again. Smart enough I suppose.

If he wins the domestic double and puts up any sort of a decent showing in champions league group stage a mid to lower level PL team will come looking rescued again.

Celtic a stepping stone now for managers

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 19, 2023, 07:24:20 AM
Rogers back to get a wee confidence booster and get an easy win in the SPL for a season before waiting for a decent job to come in again. Smart enough I suppose.

If he wins the domestic double and puts up any sort of a decent showing in champions league group stage a mid to lower level PL team will come looking rescued again.

Celtic a stepping stone now for managers

I love a good wind up, but you're trying too hard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

A lot happening at Celtic guys...Big Ange away to Spurs, Jotta away to Doha and i'd say there'll be more following out the door. One thing this year in particular has shown that the badge kissing, chest thumping bullshit is not going to be adored by the fans in the same way again. The modern game has shown us that no matter who you bring in they're all chasing the coin and don't give on toot about the club. BR is back at the helm and I think it's a good appointment, it was rank how he left the last time and i called him everything for doing so but the penny has finally dropped with me and these players and managers so let them tear away, we should use them just as much as they use us. Football is a business now and that's how we fans should approach the players and managers.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Surprised at Jota, still pretty young for that move, I thought he'd have moved onto a bigger league in Europe. Lower reaches of the Premier league possibly.

Main Street

Money doesn't talk, it swears.
Jota's  contract is worth a reputed Eur 12m p/a.

How much are Celtic getting?

JimStynes

I couldn't blame any of those players cashing in no matter what age!

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on June 30, 2023, 11:44:34 AM
A lot happening at Celtic guys...Big Ange away to Spurs, Jotta away to Doha and i'd say there'll be more following out the door. One thing this year in particular has shown that the badge kissing, chest thumping bullshit is not going to be adored by the fans in the same way again. The modern game has shown us that no matter who you bring in they're all chasing the coin and don't give on toot about the club. BR is back at the helm and I think it's a good appointment, it was rank how he left the last time and i called him everything for doing so but the penny has finally dropped with me and these players and managers so let them tear away, we should use them just as much as they use us. Football is a business now and that's how we fans should approach the players and managers.

Mooy retiring is a big loss.

GTP

Hello, would it be likely to get tickets for August match at Celtic Park v St Johnstone wanted to take 2 children and wife to first match but been a long time since I was over so have no idea about availability. Thanks.

STREET FIGHTER

What is the craic with Mooy retiring?

naka

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on June 30, 2023, 10:45:18 PM
Back is gone
He can't shake it off and was told it could cause serious Dana he continuing playing

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: naka on June 30, 2023, 10:53:59 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on June 30, 2023, 10:45:18 PM
Back is gone
He can't shake it off and was told it could cause serious Dana he continuing playing

That's terrible with him being so young...

From the Bunker

marty34