?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

markl121

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2023, 09:25:46 AM
The SFA Cup final getting a bit lost in a big days sport! ICT always a tricky proposition.

Reading a couple of articles about Ange & Spurs, I suppose it will all kick off big style on Monday IF we win today. Funny enough I think Ange would be perfect for a job & a club like Everton, proper old school club & fanatical fans who would give him some time to get it right.
They would not give him time. They are mental

bennydorano

They all are, be a better fit than Spurs anyway -  IMO.

bennydorano

If Ange goes Kyogo will surely follow on a hefty fee. He'd thrive in the EPL.

From the Bunker

55 - 34 - 27 = 116
53 - 41 - 21 = 114

54 - 33 - 27 = 114
42 - 35 - 14 = 91

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 03, 2023, 09:37:38 PM
55 - 34 - 27 = 116
53 - 41 - 21 = 114

54 - 33 - 27 = 114
42 - 35 - 14 = 91

Celtic have 115, Rangers/Sevco 116
O'Neills Therapist

SaffronSports

Seems like Ange is on his way to Spurs after two successful years with Celtic.

When I heard the rumours I was surprised that Spurs were looking to Scotland for a new manager and thought it was the usual unsettling nonsense. Once it became clear that their interest was genuine I knew it was one he couldn't turn down.

The money in England, especially at one of the bigger clubs is a different level to Scotland and he's an ambitious guy who might never get that chance again at his age. Completing a treble in his last game probably leaves him feeling like there wasn't much more he could achieve in Glasgow.

Celtic are now in the process of looking for a new manager and I don't really know who will emerge as the main contenders but hopefully it's sorted quickly as with or without Ange, I think this has to be a big summer for Celtic. The style of play he uses is very high intensity and everyone who plays that way usually hits a wall around year three if they don't freshen up the squad so I do think there may have needed to be a fair few changes anyway but obviously now it'll be a new man in charge.

While I think Ange had to take the offer, I'm not convinced he's the right man for Spurs although let's be honest, there might not even be a right man for that club.

As good as he is tactically and at getting his message across to his players, I think his recruitment was a massive factor in his success. That knowledge of the Japanese market allowed him to bring in players who could thrive in Scotland which is something I don't think he can take with him to Spurs as the market is very different there. He's obviously a good manager but the success rate of players brought in was something I've never really seen before as he got a lot more hits than misses.

Celtic will now move on and personally I'm not interested in the rumours of old faces coming back and I also wouldn't be convinced by the thought of employing from within.  Hopefully whoever brought in Ange is involved again this time.

There are already rumours of some of the lads he brought in leaving now but we'll see what happens although at the very least most of their contracts are in our favour and should get a good return on them.

Celtic will move on and we'll win some and we'll lose some. Ange gave us two good years but it's all about the present and the future now and hopefully we get on track asap and start working towards another Champions League campaign and a crack at 3 in a row. 🟢⚪🟢⚪

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2023, 06:12:08 PM

Yeah sure he would ... I remember everyone saying how Tierney was going to be a top EPL player and he's only a sub!

Spurs taking a big chance with Ange not many managers coming from Scotland can cut it down South... have any really since Fergie?? Does Rodgers' FA cup count?

While the lure of a big club and the money it brings seems appealing the history of these appointments would tell you lads are better off staying in Scotland!

Aaron Boone

He might turn it down. Who was the last manager to win a trophy at Spurs?

screenexile

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 04, 2023, 11:25:17 PM
He might turn it down. Who was the last manager to win a trophy at Spurs?

Juande Ramos!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on June 04, 2023, 10:53:14 PM

Yeah sure he would ... I remember everyone saying how Tierney was going to be a top EPL player and he's only a sub!

Spurs taking a big chance with Ange not many managers coming from Scotland can cut it down South... have any really since Fergie?? Does Rodgers' FA cup count?

While the lure of a big club and the money it brings seems appealing the history of these appointments would tell you lads are better off staying in Scotland!
Yeah sure  who were that everybody? most Celtic fans knew that Tierney was an excellent player but injury prone (as in glass knee) and at Arsenal so it proved to be, 2 major injuries.
but when fit  a top player for club and country.
I suppose VvD should have stayed on in the SPL  and played out his career for a pittance, jayse Screenexile  for a smart lad you do write some dross and staunch pro- English dross at that  ;D
Are you really from the same town that produced the legendary Lynchbhoy?

An Astrail

Quote from: SaffronSports on June 04, 2023, 07:01:32 PM
Celtic will now move on and personally I'm not interested in the rumours of old faces coming back and I also wouldn't be convinced by the thought of employing from within.  Hopefully whoever brought in Ange is involved again this time.

Well, the man who has often come in after Ange has left a club - and who also won the J-League with Yokohama Marinos last year - is, err, Kevin Muscat.  ;D

I will say his teams play a better style of football than he ever produced himself as a player.

trailer

New manager needed. A dead rat could manage them in fairness. 40 years next year since any team other than Celtic or Rangers has won the Scottish league. It's dead. Finished.

The Coddfather

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 08:55:51 AM
New manager needed. A dead rat could manage them in fairness. 40 years next year since any team other than Celtic or Rangers has won the Scottish league. It's dead. Finished.

#BringBackRonnyDeila

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on June 05, 2023, 12:05:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 04, 2023, 10:53:14 PM

Yeah sure  who were that everybody? most Celtic fans knew that Tierney was an excellent player but injury prone (as in glass knee) and at Arsenal so it proved to be, 2 major injuries.
but when fit  a top player for club and country.
I suppose VvD should have stayed on in the SPL  and played out his career for a pittance, jayse Screenexile  for a smart lad you do write some dross and staunch pro- English dross at that  ;D
Are you really from the same town that produced the legendary Lynchbhoy?

I'm not pro English in the slightest I don't even support a PL team the green tinted glasses about how class Celtic are and how good Scottish football is just doesn't make sense to me. VVD left Celtic 8 years ago and the standard has been on the wane since.

Also you'd have to ask questions about the Celtic board that they didn't give him a long term contract he can't be blamed if another team comes along to offer him more money.

I think we'll both agree lynchbhoy is the man. I haven't seen him this long time maybe 15 years or more but maybe with Derry going better now we might cross paths again!

Snapchap

What sort of kicks do some lads get from coming to the Celtic thread (or any thread) to talk about how disinterested they are in it? Honestly don't get it. Is it for the attention?

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 08:55:51 AM

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2023, 09:54:20 AM
Some climbdown for Spurs and Levy if this is the managerial pool they are fishing in now.

Pochettino, Mourinho, Conte.... Postecoglou

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2023, 11:10:23 AM
He'll need to be if he takes the Spurs job. He'll have more than one team to compete against.

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2023, 08:12:44 PM
The most pointless league ever. Celtic to good for it but shite in Europe. Surely fans can't be happy with that?

Quote from: trailer on May 09, 2023, 10:03:16 AM
The idea that this is even a competitive league is ridiculous. What is the point in even celebrating these league titles?