62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2022, 08:51:23 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2022, 08:38:03 AM
Quote from: bannside on September 06, 2022, 11:26:35 PM
Celtic losing nothing in defeat, had a cut, level for 60 mins, Reals class shone through. We are a good team on a progressive curve, but Real different gravy, as the very best in Europe can testify. Credit where its due, and the ovation Celtic gave to Modric and Junior on their replacing said a lot to the class of our support.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/celtic/
Celtic : $18 million on player salaries
https://salarysport.com/football/la-liga/real-madrid/
Real : $242 million on player salaries

Real won because of financial power.

Dinamo Zagreb fc wage bill £28,485,600

Chelsea wage bill £164,420,000

What happened here?
The plural of anecdote is not data.
Money wins the Champions League.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2022, 09:50:53 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2022, 08:51:23 AM
Celtic losing nothing in defeat, had a cut, level for 60 mins, Reals class shone through. We are a good team on a progressive curve, but Real different gravy, as the very best in Europe can testify. Credit where its due, and the ovation Celtic gave to Modric and Junior on their replacing said a lot to the class of our support.

Dinamo Zagreb fc wage bill £28,485,600

Chelsea wage bill £164,420,000

What happened here?
The plural of anecdote is not data.
Money wins the Champions League.

I thought you were talking about the game rather than the whole competition  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

A bit of an anti climax in the end but a great nights experience all the same. Ground was rocking...Dunno what it looked like or sounded like from the TV but being there was great. I think we put a lot of effort into the first half and seemed to tire as soon as first goal went it, it was like it zapped their legs from energy. Real are a class outfit and as some of you have already said they'll be hard to beat, we had McGregor's post and Maeda chance at start of second half which in games like this you will get 3-4 chances a game and you have to take 50% of them to stand a chance and we didn't.

Was talking to Chris Sutton this morning at 5:30am in Glasgow Airport (a wee Starbucks together), we had a good chat about the game and kinda had the same remarks as everyone else. He said you get away with your odd mistake in Scotland but not against these guys, they punish you and are ruthless. We don't need a pundit to tell us all that we know that.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

If we get more pics from battle of bogside up and palestine it might mask the fact that its the most corrupt sporting organisation in the world and the actual antithesis of the letist politics that large swathes of the support espouse to.

Yous have all been duped.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2022, 10:10:53 AM
A bit of an anti climax in the end but a great nights experience all the same. Ground was rocking...Dunno what it looked like or sounded like from the TV but being there was great. I think we put a lot of effort into the first half and seemed to tire as soon as first goal went it, it was like it zapped their legs from energy. Real are a class outfit and as some of you have already said they'll be hard to beat, we had McGregor's post and Maeda chance at start of second half which in games like this you will get 3-4 chances a game and you have to take 50% of them to stand a chance and we didn't.

Was talking to Chris Sutton this morning at 5:30am in Glasgow Airport (a wee Starbucks together), we had a good chat about the game and kinda had the same remarks as everyone else. He said you get away with your odd mistake in Scotland but not against these guys, they punish you and are ruthless. We don't need a pundit to tell us all that we know that.

Was a good game for the neutral, but Chris in fairness to him could see the energy levels dropping and mentioned it way before the goal, When I seen the team Real put out I fancied a big win for the champions tbf, but Celtic need to approach all the games like that home and away, otherwise they'll be bottom of the group.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Maeda doesn't do it for me at all, when I saw him coming on I automatically thought Kyogo mustn't be fit but then to throw him on late on showed differently, so I think that was a big mistake.

Coming out of the group is very very doable and last night doesn't change anything, could see us getting a point in Madrid especially if they're qualified already.

seafoid

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 07, 2022, 10:16:55 AM

If we get more pics from battle of bogside up and palestine it might mask the fact that its the most corrupt sporting organisation in the world and the actual antithesis of the letist politics that large swathes of the support espouse to.

Yous have all been duped.
It goes around in circles

ONeill

Games like that will bring on those players leaps. Abada had a half chance in the first half that he snapped at, probably due to the occasion and the opposition. In the SPL he'd have been confident to do something more with it.

Playing against that high level of passing must exhaust you eventually. The passing for Hazard's goal was excpetional.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on September 07, 2022, 11:44:15 AM
Games like that will bring on those players leaps. Abada had a half chance in the first half that he snapped at, probably due to the occasion and the opposition. In the SPL he'd have been confident to do something more with it.

Playing against that high level of passing must exhaust you eventually. The passing for Hazard's goal was excpetional.

But you spelling was not, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

illdecide

Dunno about you guys but i'm getting excited about SEAD HAKŠABANOVIĆ. He looks like a proper player. I know its early days but there's something about him (that'll prob bite me on the arse).

I see ex Celtic player Marian Shved scored two last night
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

quit yo jibbajabba

Sorry to derail thread - what was the verdict on the Ben Doak lad who moved to Liverpool? Reading nothing but good about him and hes banged another one in there today against Napoli. Seems a real prospect

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 06, 2022, 09:44:53 PM
https://streamable.com/bldijh

Doesn't look for Celtic.

What's this? It has been removed.

Needed to take our chances in first half and the one at start second. No shame from last night. Madrid are madrid. We competed well overall

Dougal Maguire

I think that Rangers result puts Celtic's performance against Madrid into perspective. I think we're going in the right direction
Careful now

ned

Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2022, 10:10:53 AM

BT Sport turned the sound down. The commentator at one point said the noise had been defeaning all night (paraphrasing) but it didn't sound as good as it actually was going by YouTube clips and comments from others there.
Real Madrid are a classy, experienced team. They have bags of nous at the back and two of the world's best midfielders in Kroos and Modric and Valverde was something else last night. Yet we ran them close for a good while. I think some players were a bit overawed. Abada had 2 good chances, Maeda should have scored and McGregor was very unlucky. Some of our passing and breaking their lines was fantastic. What did us was their passing. We aren't used to having to chase so much and play without the ball, definitely more demanding. It's what we do to Scottish teams. All in all, they were too good. But I'd rather see last night's display than changing style completely and packing our penalty area.