Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Things were bad yesterday but a bad day at the office is all I hope it was. Celtic are as everyone are putting it "in the driving seat" and the league is the ultimate prize with more than likely entry into the group stages of the CL with anything up to £40m. Sevco lost roughly £25m last year and we have £25m in bank...Look these facts up to see just how much sh1t they're actually in...12 players contracts are up this summer or are into the last year of their contracts and risk losing them for free.

1. Connor Goldson
2. Aaron Ramsey
3. Allan McGregor
4. Steven Davis
5. Scott Arfield
6. Leon Balogun
7. Amad Diallo
8. Ryan Kent
9. James Sands
10. Ryan Jack
11. Filip Helander
12. Joe Aribo
13. Alfredo Morelos

Sevco are in serious financial trouble AGAIN where they need to sell Kent, Morelos and Aribo to buy players, pay off debt and try and give players a contract extension. Wouldn't it be some craic if Hearts were to beat them in the Cup final.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rodney trotter

They would have made a bit from the Europa League run, they will be seeded for the Champions League Qualifiers next season as a result.

general_lee

No doubting Celtic are much better off financially than the Rangers at the min but I am not convinced they're in as much financial difficulty as we like to let on. They'll have netted at least €12m from their EL run alone, £11m from selling Nathan Patterson in January (potentially rising to £16m) plus their usual revenue from merchandise and match day income where they are incredibly strong.

straightred

Quote from: general_lee on April 18, 2022, 12:50:14 PM
No doubting Celtic are much better off financially than the Rangers at the min but I am not convinced they're in as much financial difficulty as we like to let on. They'll have netted at least €12m from their EL run alone, £11m from selling Nathan Patterson in January (potentially rising to £16m) plus their usual revenue from merchandise and match day income where they are incredibly strong.

5 or 6 starters on the last year of their contracts will mean getting less than they hoped for. They cant keep having share offers to keep the lights on either. not winning the league is a big blow to them - yesterday is a sore one but in the overall scheme of things it wont matter much. Madden had a good Easter so at least he's happy. Win next saturday and yesterday is forgotten.

One place were they have won a raffle is GVB over Slippy. He's a major upgrade

Main Street

As long as they don't zombie themselves again, the Hun franchise is guaranteed a solid future minimum income from the sale of 47k season tickets,  sale of shirts, (300k shirts sold since  title win), streaming channel subscriptions and add to that any money from European competition.
Economics ain't my forte but is that not a going concern unless they seriously overspend next year without reward?  It is a hard road to get to the CL group stages via the League path but they should get to the EL group stages.

illdecide

Another massive 7 days ahead for Celtic...Away to Ross Co who haven't lost at home since the last time Celtic scored 97th min winner there and then home to Sevco next Sunday. If we win next two games we will be Champions, I hope Ross Co are not after Celtic for that last day late winner but I certainly don't expect any favours from them either. I hope the speculation linking Malky Mackay to Hibs can unsettle them a bit.

I believe Josip Juranović is injured from last week and there is also speculation that Celtic may need Christopher Jullien which suggests there may be an injury to CCV (hope not). On a more positive note Giorgos Giakoumakis has been training this week, he was badly missed last week and will be welcomed back. If not for Sunday then the following week against the Zombies.

Main Street

There's a big promotion decider in the championship this evening when part time minnows Arbroath travel to Kilmarnock.

clarshack

Quote from: illdecide on April 22, 2022, 08:55:03 AM
Another massive 7 days ahead for Celtic...Away to Ross Co who haven't lost at home since the last time Celtic scored 97th min winner there and then home to Sevco next Sunday. If we win next two games we will be Champions, I hope Ross Co are not after Celtic for that last day late winner but I certainly don't expect any favours from them either. I hope the speculation linking Malky Mackay to Hibs can unsettle them a bit.

I believe Josip Juranović is injured from last week and there is also speculation that Celtic may need Christopher Jullien which suggests there may be an injury to CCV (hope not). On a more positive note Giorgos Giakoumakis has been training this week, he was badly missed last week and will be welcomed back. If not for Sunday then the following week against the Zombies.

The Ross County game is absolutely massive.

Main Street

It was a long wait for the 2nd goal. Good to get Man George back and more playing time for Kyogo. It looked like the team had totally rinsed out the cup defeat.

illdecide

4 games to go and 3 of them are at home...Game next week v Huns and basically avoid defeat and we're Champions but i'd be going for all 3pts, today was a big win even though it was only Ross Co but they're a tricky team to beat up there. Exciting times ahead and a great day to get over the horror show last Sunday.

clarshack

Was nervy enough until the 2nd goal went in. Massive result as it means Celtic could draw each of the remaining 4 games and probably still win on goal difference.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on April 24, 2022, 11:06:07 PM
4 games to go and 3 of them are at home...Game next week v Huns and basically avoid defeat and we're Champions but i'd be going for all 3pts, today was a big win even though it was only Ross Co but they're a tricky team to beat up there. Exciting times ahead and a great day to get over the horror show last Sunday.
I was impressed with Ross, they're a well organised team.

balladmaker

Avoid defeat next week and should be a done deal ... defeat next week, squeaky bum time once again.

JPGJOHNNYG

Celtic coasting only a few mins ago are now desperately clinging on

Itchy

Can't defend and no steel in midfield. Lucky  if  they get a draw here