Quote from: ned on April 05, 2022, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2022, 07:22:43 PM
Quote from: ned on April 04, 2022, 07:00:09 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2022, 06:50:14 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 03, 2022, 11:35:54 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on April 03, 2022, 10:37:07 PM
Quote from: straightred on April 03, 2022, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 03, 2022, 07:56:10 PM
Celtic didn't even play that well (not as well as we know they can) but done enough. On chances it could have been 6-3 to Celtic. This could be the end for these Zombies, £27m of a loss so far and thinking they're getting the £40m CL money (I know the league is not won yet) to wipe out their debt. Again spending money they don't have and it's obvious they didn't learn their lesson from the last time.
I know some of the Celtic fans are no Angels but that behaviour today from the Zombies was atrocious TBH. They really are scum of the earth.

Dont think its as bad as the last time but no doubt its a set back. They'll have to sell players and the values are nowhere near what they think. They might get 10m for Morelos but that's about it.

Regarding the fans - they just cant take a beating. There's a lad in hospital in glasgow with a bleed on his brain. A load of rangers fans apparently jumped off a bus to batter him on the side of the road. FFS can you not just go home and lick your wounds. Bunch of cowards
Herad because of the Russian sanctions rangers could  get into championships league.
Afaiu as it stands now regardless of sanctions against Russian clubs, the SPL champs go into the group stages and the runners up go into the qual. rounds
I was only 1/2 right, I had a quick look at the criteria for the 2022/23 CL format and  they take the position of country ranking from the 2021 UEFA coefficients, when Scotland were in 11th place allowed 2 teams into the CL, one team direct to the play offs and the other into the League path qualifiers. Should Russia who are in 10th place be disqualified then the SPL champs would go straight into the group stages.

As long as Benfica or Villareal do not win CL, Scottish champions are straight to group stages. Following season champions are in group stages regardless.
The 2022/23 CL is based on the 2021 country rankings,  the criteria is "10 champions from associations 1–10 go straight into the group stages".  Russia are in 10th place and Scotland 11th.

How do Benfica or Villareal affect this situation?

Scotland are 9th in the rankings. This has been known for some time.
Sorry, If Benfica or Villareal win the CL this MAY take away Scotland's automatic place in groups, if they dont qualify through league finish.p
Scotland are at present 9th in the rankings  but that's only a consideration for the 2023/2024 Cl. as I discovered belatedly.
The draw for the 2022/2023 CL uses the ranking from 2021, as I have stated twice previous. Scotland are in 11th place behind Russia.
The fate of Benfica or Villarreal in this season's CL will have no effect on the 10th place team's assured spot in the Group stages of 2022/23 CL.
There is already a group stage place allotted for the CL champions.

Is group stage space for CL winners not only if they don't qualify through league placing?
I'm almost certain Scottish champions will be straight to groups this year.

straightred

Quote from: ned on April 05, 2022, 11:24:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2022, 10:35:36 PM
Celtic didn't even play that well (not as well as we know they can) but done enough. On chances it could have been 6-3 to Celtic. This could be the end for these Zombies, £27m of a loss so far and thinking they're getting the £40m CL money (I know the league is not won yet) to wipe out their debt. Again spending money they don't have and it's obvious they didn't learn their lesson from the last time.
I know some of the Celtic fans are no Angels but that behaviour today from the Zombies was atrocious TBH. They really are scum of the earth.

Dont think its as bad as the last time but no doubt its a set back. They'll have to sell players and the values are nowhere near what they think. They might get 10m for Morelos but that's about it.

Regarding the fans - they just cant take a beating. There's a lad in hospital in glasgow with a bleed on his brain. A load of rangers fans apparently jumped off a bus to batter him on the side of the road. FFS can you not just go home and lick your wounds. Bunch of cowards
Herad because of the Russian sanctions rangers could  get into championships league.
Afaiu as it stands now regardless of sanctions against Russian clubs, the SPL champs go into the group stages and the runners up go into the qual. rounds
I was only 1/2 right, I had a quick look at the criteria for the 2022/23 CL format and  they take the position of country ranking from the 2021 UEFA coefficients, when Scotland were in 11th place allowed 2 teams into the CL, one team direct to the play offs and the other into the League path qualifiers. Should Russia who are in 10th place be disqualified then the SPL champs would go straight into the group stages.

As long as Benfica or Villareal do not win CL, Scottish champions are straight to group stages. Following season champions are in group stages regardless.
The 2022/23 CL is based on the 2021 country rankings,  the criteria is "10 champions from associations 1–10 go straight into the group stages".  Russia are in 10th place and Scotland 11th.

Sorry, If Benfica or Villareal win the CL this MAY take away Scotland's automatic place in groups, if they dont qualify through league finish.p
Scotland are at present 9th in the rankings  but that's only a consideration for the 2023/2024 Cl. as I discovered belatedly.
The draw for the 2022/2023 CL uses the ranking from 2021, as I have stated twice previous. Scotland are in 11th place behind Russia.
The fate of Benfica or Villarreal in this season's CL will have no effect on the 10th place team's assured spot in the Group stages of 2022/23 CL.

Is group stage space for CL winners not only if they don't qualify through league placing?
Thats the point. If a team were to win the CL and NOT qualify for it next year through their own league then they would get the spot. its unlikely but they brought this in after Liverpool won it but didnt finish top 4 in England. Benfica and Villarreal are in that position but its unlikely they'll go much further. very unlikely in Benfica's case!
Either way i dont think it will matter as I cant see the russians being let back in any time soon

Main Street

Quote from: ned on April 05, 2022, 11:24:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2022, 10:35:36 PM

Best you just look up wikipedia and you'll see how CL 2022/3 works
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_UEFA_Champions_League

Main Street

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_UEFA_Champions_League

For the 2022–23 UEFA Champions League, the associations are allocated places according to their 2021 UEFA association coefficients, which takes into account their performance in European competitions from 2016–17 to 2020–21

Association ranking for 2022–23 UEFA Champions League

11. Scotland   33.375

Qualified teams for 2022–23 UEFA Champions League

Play-off round   Champions Path : Scotland  1st
2nd Qual Round:  League Path:  Scotland  2nd

Main Street

Not often the theme music from the Magnificent Seven gets played after a goal at Celtic Pk.

clarshack

was at the game on saturday and what a performance. St Johnstone didn't know what hit them.

toby47

Will Giakoumakis be fit for the weekend?

toby47

Was reading an article about Rangers there.

Scott Artfield, Steven Davis, Alan McGregor & Balogun out of contract at the end of the season?

Morelos, Kent, Aribo & Goldson 1 year left on their contracts. To sign them rangers will probably have to give them improved deals, or risk losing them at a cut price this summer or a free transfer next summer.

Have Rangers big problems ahead? How are they financially? The punt on Diallo & Ramsey loans have been a disaster also.

JimStynes

Would be great if that crowd go out or business but I'm still not over the 10 in a row. How that was allowed to happen is a joke.

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on April 13, 2022, 01:10:34 PM
Would be great if I get crowd go out or business but I'm still not over the 10 in a row. How that was allowed to happen is a joke.

Yeah, I agree.

Asleep at the wheel big time.

general_lee

Quote from: toby47 on April 13, 2022, 01:01:44 PM

Scott Artfield, Steven Davis, Alan McGregor & Balogun out of contract at the end of the season?

Morelos, Kent, Aribo & Goldson 1 year left on their contracts. To sign them rangers will probably have to give them improved deals, or risk losing them at a cut price this summer or a free transfer next summer.

Have Rangers big problems ahead? How are they financially? The punt on Diallo & Ramsey loans have been a disaster also.
They'll have no choice but to sell. McGregor is 40 and Davis 37 - they'll retire. A lot of their squad is the wrong side of 30. Revenue from their merchandise for their 150th* and their run in Europe will help them but I think they'll have to cash in on the likes of Morelos before his last year is up. Let's just hope Braga smash them tomorrow to really make them squirm

marty34

Quote from: general_lee on April 13, 2022, 05:07:21 PM

They'll have no choice but to sell. McGregor is 40 and Davis 37 - they'll retire. A lot of their squad is the wrong side of 30. Revenue from their merchandise for their 150th* and their run in Europe will help them but I think they'll have to cash in on the likes of Morelos before his last year is up. Let's just hope Braga smash them tomorrow to really make them squirm

Is Morelos gone for the season - injured?

Main Street

I don't mind a competitive Rangers as long as Celtic are stronger, it keeps Celtic on their toes on the front foot and less danger of falling asleep at the wheel.

ned

Quote from: marty34 on April 13, 2022, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: general_lee on April 13, 2022, 05:07:21 PM

Is Morelos gone for the season - injured?

Yes.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Main Street on April 13, 2022, 06:09:30 PM
I don't mind a competitive Rangers as long as Celtic are stronger, it keeps Celtic on their toes on the front foot and less danger of falling asleep at the wheel.

Didnt that scenario stop 10 in a row though. I mean the Celtic team in decline still should have had enough but coupled with a very poor manager it all went pear shaped.