Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

screenexile

So is Scottish football great because the 2nd placed team can beat a German team away 4-2 or shit because the League leaders got hockeyed by Norwegians at home??!!

Strange night!!

ned

Quote from: screenexile on February 18, 2022, 01:12:00 AM
So is Scottish football great because the 2nd placed team can beat a German team away 4-2 or shit because the League leaders got hockeyed by Norwegians at home??!!

Strange night!!

Yes, that's how football works!

Itchy

I said it here before, Celtic are terrible defensively and will win very little if they don't do something about it. You cant score 3 or 4 goals every day to compensate.

Applesisapples

Greg Taylor should not have lasted 90, surely Scales should have been brought on, has performed well.

illdecide

I said maybe its a blessing in disguise that doesn't mean i was happy they were beat...I was disgusted by their performance as it was so bad but so has their two previous games v Aberdeen and Raith. Celtic out of the tournament (which i don't want) can put all their eggs into the winning the league basket and after that result last night they don't have much hope of going to a 4G pitch away from home (which we always play poorly on) which they beat Roma 6-1 on and i believe are unbeaten at home for quite some time now.

I agree Liam Scales should have got a run out in 2nd half as Taylor was pure dung, with Jota having a poor game it meant the whole LHS was basically not there. Juranovic and Abada weren't much better TBH which kinda left us poor down both sides. Rogic and O'Reilly didn't play great together and being similar type players maybe there's only room for one of them in Celtic's setup. I suppose when you break it down like that we certainly gave Bodo a helping hand last night
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Targetman

Vulnerability at set pieces nearly cost us today but thankfully big Giakoumakis bailed us out and after the huns dropped points we've definitely got the driving seat in the league race now, Hibs away next Sunday won't be easy either.

illdecide

Yeah poor enough today but Celtic made it hard for themselves by giving two set-piece goals away, from beating Sevco and Motherwell handy enough we've been poor enough since. Still 3pts and 3pts clear with a better goal difference is great, if we win next Sunday then we're def going to take some stopping with our visit to Grey Skull coming soon. Hard to believe there's only 11 games left...year is flying in.
On a positive note another freshener is on the way with Kyogo and Turnbull not far away from a return which will give them more options. I'm no Doctor and when i played a bit of GAA i done the hamstring in a few times but them hamstring injuries must have been bad to have been out for so long when you thing of the professional treatment them guys receive. Will be interesting to see if he plays Kyogo or Giakaumakis.

straightred

Quote from: illdecide on February 20, 2022, 06:12:25 PM
Yeah poor enough today but Celtic made it hard for themselves by giving two set-piece goals away, from beating Sevco and Motherwell handy enough we've been poor enough since. Still 3pts and 3pts clear with a better goal difference is great, if we win next Sunday then we're def going to take some stopping with our visit to Grey Skull coming soon. Hard to believe there's only 11 games left...year is flying in.
On a positive note another freshener is on the way with Kyogo and Turnbull not far away from a return which will give them more options. I'm no Doctor and when i played a bit of GAA i done the hamstring in a few times but them hamstring injuries must have been bad to have been out for so long when you thing of the professional treatment them guys receive. Will be interesting to see if he plays Kyogo or Giakaumakis.

Games like today win leagues. It doesn't have to be pretty but with them dropping points it was critical to get a win. Another win away to Hibs next week would put them in a great position with 10 games left. On another note why on earth did they sign Ramsey. Injured today and didn't even make their bench. This was always going to happen.

illdecide

Three big away games coming up soon, Hibs, Livingston and The Rangers. These three fixtures are the biggest we're gonna face.

toby47

In 4 of the last 10 league games Celtic have went into the last 5 minutes needing a winner. They have managed to win 3 of these games.

general_lee

Out with a whimper. Still a long road to go for this team.

Main Street

rodney trotter

Its poor to be beaten comfortably over 2 legs. The Norwegian League season doesn't begin until the 2nd of April.

snoopdog

Realistically are Celtic going to win a European tournament.? No . Concentrate on winning the title. Its much more important than a conference league.

From the Bunker

Quote from: snoopdog on February 24, 2022, 08:52:18 PM
Realistically are Celtic going to win a European tournament.? No . Concentrate on winning the title. Its much more important than a conference league.

The UEFA Conference League is a bit of an unknown. There are plenty of good sides in the competition. Like the other more prestigious competitions, it's all about the prize money.

For the 2021–22 season, group stage participation in the Europa Conference League is awarded a base fee of €2,940,000. A victory in the group pays €500,000 and a draw €166,000. Also, each group winner earns €650,000 and each runner-up €325,000.
Reaching the knock-out stage triggers additional bonuses: €300,000 for the round of 32, €600,000 for the round of 16, €1,000,000 for the quarter-finals and €2,000,000 for the semi-finals.