Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

An overhaul is needed, same old story - concede from a set play, not clinical enough and failure to win a game that should have been a formality.

thebar

Quote from: Angelo on March 21, 2021, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: thebar on March 21, 2021, 02:11:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 21, 2021, 01:53:25 PM
Poor.

If Kennedy gets the job I really do despair about next season. He is hopeless. Some of the subs were absolutely baffling.

How Bain is the no 1 is beyond me. Barkas has been poor but he's a million miles less of a liability than that clown.

Barkas is as big a clown as Bain wise up kid.

He is in his f**k.

I don't think I've seen Barkas drive a clearance at his defender under little pressure 6 yards away.

We picked Bain up when he was warming the Dundee bench. Unbelievable that he's the no 1 at the club.
If you rate any of those goalkeepers including Barkas you are lost my friend.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Angelo on March 21, 2021, 12:29:27 PM
Edouard booked for being scythed down in the box.
Not styled down, should have shot chanced his arm. Minimum contact, too many of these are given for once Collum got it right. He had a decent game for a change.

Applesisapples

Kennedy set ot not to lose the game. Waiting to 80 mins or so to make changes. Unfortunately he has shown that he is not up to the job. Though not sure he wants it.

JimStynes

Only watched 10 mins and it was enough. As a few have said it was like a training game ffs. There are some players playing who should never be allowed to wear a Celtic jersey again. And that p***k Morelos is hard to like.

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 21, 2021, 03:19:43 PM
Not styled down, should have shot chanced his arm. Minimum contact, too many of these are given for once Collum got it right. He had a decent game for a change.

Nonsense. It was a clear penalty. A decent game???

tonto1888

There's a keeper in Barkas alright. Moving to a different country in the middle of a pandemic would hardly allow him to settle and will have affected his performances. As would having Duffy in front of him and the constant changing of the no 1.

dublin7

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 21, 2021, 05:30:57 PM

Edouard dived over the tackle and if he was touched it was the merest of flicks. Rangers were there for the taking after playing on Thursday and finishing with 9 men. Lack of a crowd had a affect as well as a full house would have ensured Celtic showed far more urgency to try and get a winner

JimStynes

Quote from: dublin7 on March 21, 2021, 06:36:10 PM

Edouard dived over the tackle and if he was touched it was the merest of flicks. Rangers were there for the taking after playing on Thursday and finishing with 9 men. Lack of a crowd had a affect as well as a full house would have ensured Celtic showed far more urgency to try and get a winner

And of course the main issue being that Celtic are shit. 2 or 3 good players and the rest are average.

sid waddell

Under a new manager I'd be looking to build the base of the team on:

-----------------------------Barkas

New------------Jullien---------------------Ajer**---------------New

-------------------Soro---------------McGregor

New------------------------Turnbull--------------------New

-----------------------------Edouard**

We have the ability to shed 100k+ off the wage bill by moving on Brown, Duffy, Eloyonoussi, Laxalt and Kenny

We should be putting those savings into doing all we can to keep hold of Ajer and Edouard. Make them serious offers to stay,  make them offers that represent their worth and see what happens

Get a big name manager in and convince them of the project

If we keep Edouard and Ajer, we then need to spend about £20m on top of anything incoming

If the options are taken up on Ntcham, Hendry, Bayo and Shved we could have close to £10m there

I'd listen to offers on the following players - Christie, Rogic, Griffiths, Ajeti, Taylor, Bolingoli - some of those guys could have a future under a fresh start but if a decent offer came in I'd accept

I think Ajeti is the worst bit of transfer business Celtic have done since Rafael Scheidt, the guy is a fat mess, he looks like a pub footballer and I think we should punt him at the first opportunity

I'd send Klimala out on loan

If Ajer and Edouard leave this summer then Celtic realistically need to be spending about £60m on players this summer to rebuild this team

That is certainly feasible with a much reduced wage bill from all the departures, debt free and £20m cash reserves and a billionaire owner but highly unlikely because of the biscuit tin mentality and posters on here who defend the biscuit tin mentality at all costs

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2021, 10:03:35 PM

We have the ability to shed 100k+ off the wage bill by moving on Brown, Duffy, Eloyonoussi, Laxalt and Kenny

We should be putting those savings into doing all we can to keep hold of Ajer and Edouard. Make them serious offers to stay,  make them offers that represent their worth and see what happens

If we keep Edouard and Ajer, we then need to spend about £20m on top of anything incoming

If the options are taken up on Ntcham, Hendry, Bayo and Shved we could have close to £10m there

I'd listen to offers on the following players - Christie, Rogic, Griffiths, Ajeti, Taylor, Bolingoli - some of those guys could have a future under a fresh start but if a decent offer came in I'd accept

I think Ajeti is the worst bit of transfer business Celtic have done since Rafael Scheidt, the guy is a fat mess, he looks like a pub footballer and I think we should punt him at the first opportunity

If Ajer and Edouard leave this summer then Celtic realistically need to be spending about £60m on players this summer to rebuild this team

That is certainly feasible with a much reduced wage bill from all the departures, debt free and £20m cash reserves and a billionaire owner but highly unlikely because of the biscuit tin mentality and posters on here who defend the biscuit tin mentality at all costs

Agreed.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lenny

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2021, 10:03:35 PM

Barkas will be gone in the summer. He's a keeper who doesn't make saves, isn't good with crosses and doesn't inspire confidence with the ball at his feet. When he was in the team he was pathetic, people are only talking about him again because bain and hazard have made mistakes also.

Applesisapples

Green tinted specs?

ned

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 22, 2021, 10:24:55 AM

Green tinted specs?

The annoyance with the decision is the inconsistency. The same ref, whose religion and job seem to be fair game for discussion in Scotland, gave Aberdeen a penalty against Celtic in similar circumstances. The challenge was reckless and Edouard was only guilty of being too agile. That scenario is a penalty in majority of matches elsewhere.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ned on March 22, 2021, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 22, 2021, 10:24:55 AM

Green tinted specs?

The annoyance with the decision is the inconsistency. The same ref, whose religion and job seem to be fair game for discussion in Scotland, gave Aberdeen a penalty against Celtic in similar circumstances. The challenge was reckless and Edouard was only guilty of being too agile. That scenario is a penalty in majority of matches elsewhere.
I accept that we have seen penalties given for less, Harry Kane yesterday for example. However Edouard should have shot and would in all likelihood scored, it looks very like he lost control and decided to go down. Collum is not a good Ref but these type of inconsistent decisions are not unique to Scotland. On balance I thought he had a reasonable match. He let a lot go Bothe ways and gave Brown a Loy of leeway before booking him. The bottom line is, had that Celtic team had any conviction they would have won easily and the penalty decision right or wrong would have been forgotten. In the current game (soccer) penalties are been given too easily, but that's another story.