?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on March 01, 2021, 11:19:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:15:04 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 01, 2021, 10:28:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 01, 2021, 09:27:16 PM
I'm a republican and I have huge respect for Bobby Sands and all the hungerstrikers but I dont think this has any place in a soccer club.

Totally agree. Doesn't help Celtic's image at all. Celtic supporters can celebrate and remember Bobby Sands privately without bringing Celtic's name into it.

British football allows their military to get honoured at football grounds across the country.

Celtic fans in turn have the right to honour Bobby Sands.

Bobby Sands is renowned all over the world for his bravery and sacrifice.

Setting the bar low if you measure anything against what the Brits do.

It's in every ground in the country. Poppy fascism.

Celtic fans have every right to voice their political stance when it's facilitated and propagandises by the British football associations.

The stewardship of Celtic football club have for too long been meek on the anti-Irish racism and sectarianism that is subjected towards Celtic across Scottish football.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:28:18 PM
I'm a republican and I have huge respect for Bobby Sands and all the hungerstrikers but I dont think this has any place in a soccer club.

Totally agree. Doesn't help Celtic's image at all. Celtic supporters can celebrate and remember Bobby Sands privately without bringing Celtic's name into it.

British football allows their military to get honoured at football grounds across the country.

Celtic fans have every right to voice their political stance when it's facilitated and propagandises by the British football associations.

The stewardship of Celtic football club have for too long been meek on the anti-Irish racism and sectarianism that is subjected towards Celtic across Scottish football.
The stewardship of Celtic Football Club were pretty quiet when Mark Walters was racially abused by Celtic supporters at the New Year derby in 1988, constant monkey noises, bananas being thrown at him, even a dart was thrown at him

Angelo

He's trying desperately hard.

Must be hitting the Tuborg by himself again.

sid waddell

Qangelo's trolling response here shows that he absolutely tolerates racism, and the celebration of murder by football supporters

The guy who is obsessed with finding hypocrisy in others is the biggest hypocrite of all

delgany

Quote from: sid waddell on March 01, 2021, 11:26:25 PM
How is it trolling?

Celtic supporters do sing in celebration about the blowing up of Lord Mountbatten, two children and an 83 year old woman

They also sing about hoping Nacho Novo dies in his sleep with a bullet from the IRA

Yet tell a wee joke about Bobby Sands and posters here suddenly turn into sanctimonious snowflakes, there's uproar

Really does expose the grossest hypocrisy

It was no fkn joke, what you wrote about the Hunger strikers.
It was a disgraceful comment. You should crawl back under your stone.

Itchy

The brits are cnuts, you defeat them by not aping them in my opinion. Personally I'd like to tell my kids about the hunger strikers in my own time in my own way (some maybe wish to leave those times in the past). I wouldnt bring my kids to celtic Park to have it rammed down their throat.

Angelo

Quote from: delgany on March 01, 2021, 11:51:28 PM
How is it trolling?

Celtic supporters do sing in celebration about the blowing up of Lord Mountbatten, two children and an 83 year old woman

They also sing about hoping Nacho Novo dies in his sleep with a bullet from the IRA

Yet tell a wee joke about Bobby Sands and posters here suddenly turn into sanctimonious snowflakes, there's uproar

He's looking for someone to bite.

Gaslighting other posters by mocking the dead and plucking victims from everywhere to score points.

You can see the desperation increase with every post from him. Just let the mods deal with him.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on March 01, 2021, 11:53:30 PM

The brits are cnuts, you defeat them by not aping them in my opinion. Personally I'd like to tell my kids about the hunger strikers in my own time in my own way (some maybe wish to leave those times in the past). I wouldnt bring my kids to celtic Park to have it rammed down their throat.

I wouldn't say Celtic are aping them. For me Bobby Sands deserves to be celebrated. Glasgow has a huge Irish ethnic population that have suffered sectarianism discrimination for well over a decade. They share a lot of common ground with the north and the hunger strikers quite rightly resonate with them.

sid waddell

Quote from: delgany on March 01, 2021, 11:51:28 PM
How is it trolling?

It was a joke

Just like Celtic supporters "joke" about Mountbatten and the three other innocents blown up by the PIRA

Just like Celtic supporters "joke" about Nacho Novo being shot to death by "the IRA" (which I presume now means dissos, or did as of 2008 anyway)

And the sort of Celtic supporters that post here seem to have no problem whatsoever with that

And none of those people Celtic supporters joke about were combatants in the Troubles

Again, for the record, I found the Lenny Murphy chant very funny ("Lenny's...got a hole in his head for Christmas")

Murphy was a willing combatant, so joke away

But so was Sands a willing combatant

sid waddell

Qangelo still remains silent on this

"Desperate" indeed

He's really outing himself as a supporter of racism

The knots some posters will tie themselves into to defend an indefensible position, eh

Trumpesque

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:58:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 01, 2021, 11:53:30 PM

I wouldn't say Celtic are aping them. For me Bobby Sands deserves to be celebrated. Glasgow has a huge Irish ethnic population that have suffered sectarianism discrimination for well over a decade. They share a lot of common ground with the north and the hunger strikers quite rightly resonate with them.

I'd rather have politics stay out of Celtic Park. I don't see the benefits of the top Celtic supporters group publicly putting out videos. It makes me cringe a little and if it was Rangers doing something similar I would be cringing for them as well. Bobby Sands quite rightly needs to be celebrated but it's nothing to do with Celtic.

tonto1888

The Walters incident was a dark stain in our history. Shameful. As was the lad who made Manley gestures to Diouf. As much of a w**ker as he was that was a disgraceful thing to do. Thankfully a lot of our support have moved on and are anti racist.
Can't say I've ever heard Celtic fans singing about Mountbatten.
As for politics inside football grounds? A lot of fans are working class and have political causes they care about. It's gonna be hard to eradicate it. Can't see authorities doing so when they say no politics inside grounds but have billboards for the SNP and force one minute silences on people

From the Bunker

Gas thing is it's really 54 and a 1/2!  ;D

macker15

Well done to the Rangers. Celtic lack of investment in recent years came back to haunt them.

Orior

Glad that's over and roll on next season.

How soon will a manager be appointed?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians