?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 16, 2021, 10:07:07 AM
So Celtic aren't going to win the league this year. I never cease to be amazed at the level of hurt felt by Irish people over the failure of a Scottish or English team to win their respective leagues, and the hyperbolic vitriol that is then visited on Managers/Boards and players. I want to see Celtic win as much as the next man. But some perspective is require, nobody fcukin died. I am more exercised by the shambles that was their foreign training camp than any league failings. We are in the middle of a pandemic, friends and neighbours are getting sick and dying that is important not the SPL. If we all got the abuse for making mistakes in our working lives that Neil Lennon has got we'd all be going to court crying bullying and discrimination. A little perspective is required, by all means call out his and the boards failings but lay of the abuse, and just because someone has the temerity to express a different view to you doesn't give you the right to abuse them also. If you have to resort to name calling and abuse, then you lost the debate.

There's nothing hyperbolic on the criticism towards the manager and board.

Do you want to recall the hyperbole and vitriol you yourself were contributing about Ronny Deila when he was Celtic manager or do you only call for this type of amnesty and restraint when an Armagh manager is Over Celtic.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 18, 2016, 12:15:15 PM
How can any of those players have respect for that Celtic management team? John Collins was a so so player and a worse manager, Delilah came from a second class league. There has been absolutely no heart or passion in that Celtic team since they took over. A poor rangers team made them look like they were the championship side. Scott Brown is a shadow of the player he used to be and as for Bitton....

Apples in April 2016 - Deila is an embarrassment.

Applies in February 2021 - I don't understand the virtriol fans have against the manager.

If anyone can't see the embarrassing hypocrisy here for what it is then they should be embarrassed.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 18, 2016, 12:15:15 PM
How can any of those players have respect for that Celtic management team? John Collins was a so so player and a worse manager, Delilah came from a second class league. There has been absolutely no heart or passion in that Celtic team since they took over. A poor rangers team made them look like they were the championship side. Scott Brown is a shadow of the player he used to be and as for Bitton....

Apples in April 2016 - Deila is an embarrassment.

Applies in February 2021 - I don't understand the virtriol fans have against the manager.

If anyone can't see the embarrassing hypocrisy here for what it is then they should be embarrassed.

People's opinions and views on things can change over years. Sure look at Rocky 4, all the Russians liked Rocky by the end of the whole thing.

sid waddell

So Celtic aren't going to win the league this year. I never cease to be amazed at the level of hurt felt by Irish people over the failure of a Scottish or English team to win their respective leagues, and the hyperbolic vitriol that is then visited on Managers/Boards and players. I want to see Celtic win as much as the next man. But some perspective is require, nobody fcukin died. I am more exercised by the shambles that was their foreign training camp than any league failings. We are in the middle of a pandemic, friends and neighbours are getting sick and dying that is important not the SPL. If we all got the abuse for making mistakes in our working lives that Neil Lennon has got we'd all be going to court crying bullying and discrimination. A little perspective is required, by all means call out his and the boards failings but lay of the abuse, and just because someone has the temerity to express a different view to you doesn't give you the right to abuse them also. If you have to resort to name calling and abuse, then you lost the debate.
The reality is Rangers have done Celtic a big favour by winning this league

When Rangers were forcibly relegated in 2012, Celtic and its support soon fell into a slumber of smugness, stagnancy and self-congratulation, which they're still in

To say Celtic's nine titles in a row are heavily asterisked is an understatement, most were won unopposed, last year won was won by default

It scarcely even counts as an achievement - pretty much all Celtic had to do was put a team out on the pitch to win most of those leagues

The Scottish League was unwatchable for most of that time, why, because there was no competition whatsoever, and it's only since Gerrard took over at Rangers has any real interest come back

It's also right that this Celtic team do not get to eclipse the 1966-1974 nine in a row team in the history books - that team was a genuinely great team, unlike the teams of the last nine years, whose dominance was purely a function of economics and financial doping

The last time Celtic supporters had a team they could genuinely be proud of was 2012 when they beat Barcelona

JimStynes

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 11:04:31 AM
The reality is Rangers have done Celtic a big favour by winning this league

When Rangers were forcibly relegated in 2012, Celtic and its support soon fell into a slumber of smugness, stagnancy and self-congratulation, which they're still in

To say Celtic's nine titles in a row are heavily asterisked is an understatement, most were won unopposed, last year won was won by default

It scarcely even counts as an achievement - pretty much all Celtic had to do was put a team out on the pitch to win most of those leagues

The Scottish League was unwatchable for most of that time, why, because there was no competition whatsoever, and it's only since Gerrard took over at Rangers has any real interest come back

It's also right that this Celtic team do not get to eclipse the 1966-1974 nine in a row team in the history books - that team was a genuinely great team, unlike the teams of the last nine years, whose dominance was purely a function of economics and financial doping

The last time Celtic supporters had a team they could genuinely be proud of was 2012 when they beat Barcelona

3 page reply from Angelo coming up

trailer

According to Angelo NL deserves abuse just not sectarian abuse. So feel free to abuse NL about everything and anything just so long as you venture into sectarianism. So presumable you can't abuse NL unless you're from the same religious background in the context of Sectarianism in Scotland.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on February 16, 2021, 11:33:40 AM
According to Angelo NL deserves abuse just not sectarian abuse. So feel free to abuse NL about everything and anything just so long as you venture into sectarianism. So presumable you can't abuse NL unless you're from the same religious background in the context of Sectarianism in Scotland.

You can criticise Neil Lennon for his arrogance and incomptence.

You should not abuse him for his religious or political beliefs.

trailer

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 11:51:50 AM

That's not what you said though

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:45:26 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:41:22 AM
A lot of posters doing their best to justify the sectarian abuse McClean receives on a daily basis here.

The usual suspects of course.

If it was Neil Lennon getting the abuse you'd be saying he deserves it.

Neil Lennon does not deserve the sectarian abuse that comes his way.

He does deserve abuse for the poor job he has done at Celtic and utter contempt he has show the fans during this season.

You on the other hand justify sectarian abuse of McClean.

You clearly said he deserved abuse. Your words. So is is ok to abuse NL just not bring religion into it? Is that right?

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on February 16, 2021, 11:57:54 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 11:51:50 AM

That's not what you said though

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:45:26 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:41:22 AM
A lot of posters doing their best to justify the sectarian abuse McClean receives on a daily basis here.

The usual suspects of course.

If it was Neil Lennon getting the abuse you'd be saying he deserves it.

Neil Lennon does not deserve the sectarian abuse that comes his way.

He does deserve abuse for the poor job he has done at Celtic and utter contempt he has show the fans during this season.

You on the other hand justify sectarian abuse of McClean.

You clearly said he deserved abuse. Your words. So is is ok to abuse NL just not bring religion into it? Is that right?

Yes.

He should have stepped aside a long time ago because of the terrible job he has done.

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 09:48:38 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on February 16, 2021, 08:47:01 AM
You are a supporter of the Old IRA.

No, I'm not

You're a sick, warped little lowlife.
Persuasive argument

Get a life instead of using the concept of child suffering to pick fights online.
Be nice if the victims of the PIRA could have a life

You've nothing to say about Celtic's disgraceful behaviour either, I see

I could have guessed

You have been challenged a thousand times to condemn the Old IRA. You have always refused. I could use your logic and say that this means you support killing children and that dead children are "your type of thing". But I won't sink to that depth of warped, sick behaviour. You are honestly sub-human. I hope you have earned yourself a permanent ban this time.

sid waddell

Imagine calling another poster "sub-human" and claiming that it's the other poster who deserves a ban  ;D

Well done, buddy, well done

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 12:06:45 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 15, 2021, 11:40:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 15, 2021, 06:31:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 04:22:43 PM
It seems the general opinion of child sex abuse with some posters is: it depends where it happened

If it happened at an institution that is close to some poster's heart, such as, say, a football club they support, the default reaction is to try and ascribe a bad faith motive to any other poster who references it

The shoot the messenger tactic

Any poster who does that has a serious problem of bad faith, and by extension a serious problem as regards their attitude to child sex abuse

At least four posters here are now guilty of that

Oh please name them
I will indeed

You, Angelo, marty34 and Main Street

All four of you have gone for the shoot the messenger strategy

So tell me. What is my serious problem with my attitude towards child sex abuse
The problem is that you can't respond to any reference about child sex abuse at Celtic without ascribing a bad faith motive to anybody who brings it up, you have to have a dig

That shows you're more concerned that the reputation of Celtic FC be protected, and/or avoiding, in your own mind, being the "victim" of a forum "gotcha" as a Celtic supporter, than concerned about the actual child sex abuse and the victims

Frankly I couldn't care less about setting up a forum "gotcha" on you

But if you were posting in good faith you'd be reading the riot act on the club for their disgraceful reaction, not just now but over years

I mean look at the abuse the Celtic board have taken on this thread over the months because they haven't sacked Lennon, as is their perfect right

Football team doesn't win title, Celtic supporters will get over it

But here's a matter where the board have genuinely shamed the club, and yet the usually vocal Celtic supporters on here seem curiously quiet on it, except for a few platitudes such as "paedophilia is bad" - well done for thinking that

Shouldn't Celtic supporters be calling on the board, chief executive, owner, whoever, to resign immediately over this matter - over their consistent weasel words and denials that Celtic Boys Club had anything to do with Celtic Football Club, as well as their non-apology?

If they aren't, why aren't they? Because it's a far, far more serious matter than leaving a failing manager in place  - and they're calling for the board to be sacked over that

They denied this for one reason and one reason only - pathetic crisis management - an institutional closing of ranks - just like the Catholic Church

Shouldn't Rangers supporters be calling for the resignation of their board, for that matter - it's the same club as pre-2012 and we all know that, even Celtic supporters who still use the name "Sevco" as a sad turgid little in joke

I can assure you Sid, whatever other argument we may have, that I find child abuse abhorrent. I detest it. I can also assure you that I think Celtics handling of this scandal has been awful from day one until now.

sid waddell

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 16, 2021, 01:23:30 PM
I can assure you Sid, whatever other argument we may have, that I find child abuse abhorrent. I detest it. I can also assure you that I think Celtics handling of this scandal has been awful from day one until now.
I am certain that you do

So it would be nice if a deadly serious contemporary news issue could be discussed without posters here immediately ascribing bad faith motives to people who perfectly legitimately bring it up

I count myself as a Celtic supporter by the way, I find it hard to have as much interest in recent years as I used to do but it's always there in you

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 16, 2021, 01:31:48 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 16, 2021, 01:23:30 PM
I am certain that you do

So it would be nice if a deadly serious contemporary news issue could be discussed without posters here immediately ascribing bad faith motives to people who perfectly legitimately bring it up

I count myself as a Celtic supporter by the way, I find it hard to have as much interest in recent years as I used to do but it's always there in you

Fair. I keep seeing people using this to point score, on both sides, hence my reaction.

I don't know what Celtic do now. As I said earlier an apology could well seem hollow but they still need to do it. They need to hold up their hands and say this happened on our watch and take responsibility. Cut out the boys club shit. They need to pay compensation.
Will they do any of this? I seriously doubt it

Applesisapples

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:33:37 AM

There's nothing hyperbolic on the criticism towards the manager and board.

Do you want to recall the hyperbole and vitriol you yourself were contributing about Ronny Deila when he was Celtic manager or do you only call for this type of amnesty and restraint when an Armagh manager is Over Celtic.
Ah God love you, you are obsessed with Armagh, unfortunately we don't want you as an Honorary Orange man so you will just have to be content. Saying that Deila is an embarrassment is not vitriolic but a statement of opinion. Read your own spewings on Lennon and the board.