Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Looks like 4 Rangers players breached Covid rules by attending a house party on Saturday night.

Be interesting to see if they have their next few games called off like Celtic had to with Bolingoli.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on February 14, 2021, 10:54:45 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:31:31 PM
Is that in the report? Well then it begs the question why have you or Sid not brought this up before because that's been known for a long time.
I will ask again have you posted about this in the rangers thread? Or are you being selective in which victims you care about?

I didn't even know about the report until Sid mentioned it. Then I did do a google search and seen how bad it was. Celtic did try to deny responsibility but the report shatters that defence. Does no one think that's worth mentioning?

To be fair to Celtic they have made a statement on it since the report was released even if its f**k all use to the victims. I've no idea if Rangers have said anything on it, but I didn't see any statement in the reports online.

This isn't a specific attack on Celtic. Frankly Scottish football from the very top down comes out of it badly and from what I've now read from people who do know what they're talking about the report could have been alot harsher on the clubs/SFA.

I would have thought though someone would have said something about it on here.

These lads have no moral compass

You know who is perfectly happy to brand the Catholic Church as evil yet when as regards paedophilia at the club he supports his default reaction is to fling stones at anybody bringing it up

Anybody like that is sick in the head and doesn't care one jot about victims of abuse

This is the full timeline from Alex Thomson who has followed this story in detail for years

And by jaysus Celtic's reaction has been a disgrace

Rangers too but we expect that

The Old Firm indeed

Absolutely f**king disgraceful and how this is not a bigger story UK-wide, well, the mind boggles

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/1359836318491156484

Feb 11

The SFA report demolishes the excuse of Celtic that what went on in allied youth groups was "separate " from Celtic football club itself. Many clubs are involved but Celtic's is the most serious in terms of numbers and years it went on

Scottish football clubs, including Celtic, Rangers and Hibernian, should offer compensation and a "clear, unreserved and public" apology to victims of endemic abuse - damning SFA report...

SFA independent report demolishes Celtic's excuse that paedophiles were operating in separate groups not CFC itself: "The Review is of the view that, if the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable..

...then when sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then it too formed part of the history of the other.
A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration;  it also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies."...

In other words the Report's accusing Celtic FC of wanting the Boys Club to be in its bosom when times were good - nothing to do with us when times were bad.

Report notes how one victim of a Rangers paedophile complained to the club and was told the club would not act because it had happened before the club was liquidated

Still no statement from Celtic FC which they told me this morning there would be. They referred the BBC - incredibly - to a statement last year....

Equally nothing  from Rangers about their historic sex abuse issues  and any response to being told to say sorry and pay compensation.

Silence from Celtic and Rangers today deafening and depressing . Yeah yeah court cases pending but Hibs did their duty...

And of course Thistle have also put out a statement today. So football clubs in Glasgow can actually speak.

Feb 12

Celtic finally responded to the SFA's independent report with a statement which differs hardly at all from its previous statements...

"The Club has publicly expressed its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow to all those affected across Scottish football including at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys' Club, something which the Independent Review acknowledged and welcomed. Today we reiterate this apology. "..

1 as anybody can see this is not an apology. Celtic does not say "we are sorry" ie we bear some responsibility...

2 the club say it "has expressed" past perfect tense ie the club itself is merely pointing to its repeated past expressions of sympathy not direct apology ..

3 the club is trying to deflect from the available evidence that it has the worst record of Paedophilia of any Scottish club by talking about the wider issue across the game when it knows perfectly well it has the biggest issue on available evidence...

4 the club ignores the SFA independent report's demolition of its absurd excuse that Celtic Boys' Club was somehow an "entirely separate entity" from CFC

5 in sum what we have here is anything but the full apology demanded by the Report and instead a statement of legal defence against forthcoming actions. ..

6 and the obvious mystery - what on earth were Celtic doing all across yesterday when it mattered, only to put out their same old statement a day late? Curiouser and curiouser...Nitey nite.

No. Celtic have absolutely not apologised. Saying you feel sorry for someone is a zillion miles morally, legally and logically from saying you are sorry for what you did to them.

Feb 13

Following on from Celtic's complete non apology absolute silence from Rangers. Is this how Scots get treated in the 21st century? Where are the people one side of Glasgow and fail fail on the other.

For those asking Hibs look like they just cut and pasted Celtic's regurgitated non apology. RFC are just running away altogether. For anyone out there who still doesn't get it, being sad about something is not the same in law and reality as "we are sorry for what we did to you."

sid waddell

I mean seriously, how can any Celtic supporter - of which I count myself as one, and have done since 1987 - read the above and not be totally f**king ashamed and outraged at the f**king pathetic, gaslighting reaction from the club?

Some here are only interested in shooting the messenger which speaks volumes about them

Do some people really take their internet personas and/or support for a football team so seriously that they lose all moral compass?

It certainly seems so

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 14, 2021, 11:54:39 PM
I mean seriously, how can any Celtic supporter - of which I count myself as one, and have done since 1987 - read the above and not be totally f**king ashamed and outraged at the f**king pathetic, gaslighting reaction from the club?

Some here are only interested in shooting the messenger which speaks volumes about them

Do some people really take their internet personas and/or support for a football team so seriously that they lose all moral compass?

It certainly seems so
You are correct.  Recently Milltown Row 2 has deemed it ok to mock a relative of mine who was murdered (throat cut) by the Shankill Butchers and added that I try "evo stick".  How sick is that?   

screenexile

Quote from: restorepride on February 14, 2021, 11:59:16 PM

It certainly seems so
You are correct.  Recently Milltown Row 2 has deemed it ok to mock a relative of mine who was murdered (throat cut) by the Shankill Butchers and added that I try "evo stick".  How sick is that?

As far as I can see you lost the head on the rugby about something from another thread (which I don't know and I'm not going back to look for it) and kept saying you weren't drinking... I think the Evo Stick jibe was meant to ask are you sniffing glue instead... I'm not sure what meaning you've taken from it but that was my take and pretty sure how it was meant.

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2021, 12:15:46 AM

It certainly seems so

As far as I can see you lost the head on the rugby about something from another thread (which I don't know and I'm not going back to look for it) and kept saying you weren't drinking... I think the Evo Stick jibe was meant to ask are you sniffing glue instead... I'm not sure what meaning you've taken from it but that was my take and pretty sure how it was meant.
Run that past the Groogans and see what they take from it.

restorepride

It certainly seems so

A
You have totally misread things.  Would expect more from a great club like Screen.

restorepride

It certainly seems so

And what about the Shankill Butcher jibe?  You ok with that?

restorepride

Well Screen? Or have you gone to bed as well?

screenexile

Quote from: restorepride on February 15, 2021, 12:35:11 AM

It certainly seems so

And what about the Shankill Butcher jibe?  You ok with that?

Haven't seen it and don't know anything about it just telling you what I saw about the Evo Stick thing.

Think that'll do me!!

restorepride

Think it should ok.  Nothing that a good walk up Sliabh gCallann wouldn't solve but very sad that a poster on here would get some sick joy from a sectarian murder.  Such is current life, online or off.

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 14, 2021, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 14, 2021, 10:54:45 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 14, 2021, 10:31:31 PM
Is that in the report? Well then it begs the question why have you or Sid not brought this up before because that's been known for a long time.
I will ask again have you posted about this in the rangers thread? Or are you being selective in which victims you care about?

I didn't even know about the report until Sid mentioned it. Then I did do a google search and seen how bad it was. Celtic did try to deny responsibility but the report shatters that defence. Does no one think that's worth mentioning?

To be fair to Celtic they have made a statement on it since the report was released even if its f**k all use to the victims. I've no idea if Rangers have said anything on it, but I didn't see any statement in the reports online.

This isn't a specific attack on Celtic. Frankly Scottish football from the very top down comes out of it badly and from what I've now read from people who do know what they're talking about the report could have been alot harsher on the clubs/SFA.

I would have thought though someone would have said something about it on here.

These lads have no moral compass

You know who is perfectly happy to brand the Catholic Church as evil yet when as regards paedophilia at the club he supports his default reaction is to fling stones at anybody bringing it up

Anybody like that is sick in the head and doesn't care one jot about victims of abuse

This is the full timeline from Alex Thomson who has followed this story in detail for years

And by jaysus Celtic's reaction has been a disgrace

Rangers too but we expect that

The Old Firm indeed

Absolutely f**king disgraceful and how this is not a bigger story UK-wide, well, the mind boggles

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/1359836318491156484

Feb 11

The SFA report demolishes the excuse of Celtic that what went on in allied youth groups was "separate " from Celtic football club itself. Many clubs are involved but Celtic's is the most serious in terms of numbers and years it went on

Scottish football clubs, including Celtic, Rangers and Hibernian, should offer compensation and a "clear, unreserved and public" apology to victims of endemic abuse - damning SFA report...

SFA independent report demolishes Celtic's excuse that paedophiles were operating in separate groups not CFC itself: "The Review is of the view that, if the relationship and history between the youth football club and the senior club was so shared, so close, and so inextricable..

...then when sexual abuse of young players formed part of the history of one then it too formed part of the history of the other.
A shared heritage is not confined to trophies, victories and celebration;  it also extends to defeats, failures, and deficiencies."...

In other words the Report's accusing Celtic FC of wanting the Boys Club to be in its bosom when times were good - nothing to do with us when times were bad.

Report notes how one victim of a Rangers paedophile complained to the club and was told the club would not act because it had happened before the club was liquidated

Still no statement from Celtic FC which they told me this morning there would be. They referred the BBC - incredibly - to a statement last year....

Equally nothing  from Rangers about their historic sex abuse issues  and any response to being told to say sorry and pay compensation.

Silence from Celtic and Rangers today deafening and depressing . Yeah yeah court cases pending but Hibs did their duty...

And of course Thistle have also put out a statement today. So football clubs in Glasgow can actually speak.

Feb 12

Celtic finally responded to the SFA's independent report with a statement which differs hardly at all from its previous statements...

"The Club has publicly expressed its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow to all those affected across Scottish football including at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys' Club, something which the Independent Review acknowledged and welcomed. Today we reiterate this apology. "..

1 as anybody can see this is not an apology. Celtic does not say "we are sorry" ie we bear some responsibility...

2 the club say it "has expressed" past perfect tense ie the club itself is merely pointing to its repeated past expressions of sympathy not direct apology ..

3 the club is trying to deflect from the available evidence that it has the worst record of Paedophilia of any Scottish club by talking about the wider issue across the game when it knows perfectly well it has the biggest issue on available evidence...

4 the club ignores the SFA independent report's demolition of its absurd excuse that Celtic Boys' Club was somehow an "entirely separate entity" from CFC

5 in sum what we have here is anything but the full apology demanded by the Report and instead a statement of legal defence against forthcoming actions. ..

6 and the obvious mystery - what on earth were Celtic doing all across yesterday when it mattered, only to put out their same old statement a day late? Curiouser and curiouser...Nitey nite.

No. Celtic have absolutely not apologised. Saying you feel sorry for someone is a zillion miles morally, legally and logically from saying you are sorry for what you did to them.

Feb 13

Following on from Celtic's complete non apology absolute silence from Rangers. Is this how Scots get treated in the 21st century? Where are the people one side of Glasgow and fail fail on the other.

For those asking Hibs look like they just cut and pasted Celtic's regurgitated non apology. RFC are just running away altogether. For anyone out there who still doesn't get it, being sad about something is not the same in law and reality as "we are sorry for what we did to you."

You're some boy to talk about no moral compass.
Have you actually read any of my posts relating to this?

You are right in one thing, or whoever wrote that is right, Celtic have not apologised. Have not taken any blame and that is shameful. As I have said before it will forever be a dark stain on the clubs history regardless of what they do now. Years ago was the time to take the blame and make an apology. If they do so now it will be hollow

sid waddell

So because Celtic didn't apologise years ago they shouldn't do so now?

This is about Catholic Church style crisis managment and money - Celtic and Rangers don't want to pay compensation to victims

Moral bankruptcy

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 10:00:45 AM

This is about Catholic Church style crisis managment and money - Celtic and Rangers don't want to pay compensation to victims

Moral bankruptcy

You don't need to tell anyone here that Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell are utterly shameless scumbags. We know that full well.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 10:00:45 AM

Moral bankruptcy

I will give you the benefit of the doubt here but at no stage did I say Celtic shouldn't apologise. Of course they should. However, it may well be seen as hollow. The should have apologised years ago. Now. Go and have some family time. You need that more than you need to be on this forum