?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 01:40:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 01:25:30 PM

Hahahaha. You asked me about Edouard. I never once expressed an opinion on his worth or what he should be paid. Yeah. I wanted to give Lennon a chance. I was wrong on that. I admitted that. You make some decent points but they get lost admiration the nonsense you do post.
What substantiated points? The fact you state transfer fees for English leagues? What have they got to do with anything?
Shout you down without anything of substance? I gave you facts in EPL wages. I gave you facts in Villa and Everton. You stated christie has been poor this season because of Lennon. You didn't answer why he hasn't been poor the previous  year and a half when Lennon was manager.
You switch the goalposts and make up arguments which didn't exist.

No you didn't. You attempted to misrepresent what I said. I want to pay the best player in Scotland somewhere in and around what is an average wage in the EPL to retain him, now you have tried to conflate the debate by saying I want Celtic to pay EPL wages - not true. If I wanted Celtic to pay EPL wages I would be saying the best player in Scotland should be getting the same as the best player in England which is around 400k pw. So you should stop trying to be so disingenuous and misleading.

The reason I state transfer fees for players in England is because you said the fee for Christie is delusional. It's not delusional, it is modest when you consider that inferior players routinely go for much more than that down south, players like McBurnie going for £20m, Burke £15m, Hendrick and Brady etc, etc - there are loads more - Christie is better than loads of those so we should be trying to get his worth.

For you to say it's delusional either shows a complete ignorance on your part or just your attempts to shout down without any substance. That kind of fee for Christie is perfectly reasonable if he was under contract, you seem to want Celtic to hawk their players off for cheap. How much do you think Armstrong or Tierney would fetch now? Probably triple what Celtic got for them little in the last 2 years. Southampton got 7x what Celtic sold Van Dijk for 18 months after. We consistently lowball ourselves here to make a quick profit.

Why don't we actually try and keep these players until such time as we actually get somewhere close to what they are worth?

That's the thing you have been asked on Edouard 8 times now and your refuse to answer and the reason you refuse to answer is that it undermines everything you say there. The concept of giving Edouard an extra 2m a year adds 20m to his market value, keeps the best player in Scottish football at Celtic for the next few years but you won't comment on that yet you will say that we can't afford it or its unrealistic. The same goes for Ajer, give him an extra 1.5m on his contract a year, it puts an extra 20m on his market value and keeps the best centre half at Celtic at the club for the next few years.

But just like you did with Lennon when people make valid points you don't like you try to shout them down without offering anything whatsoever that resembles substance or logic.

Here you go again. Do you ever read what anyone says? I didn't misprepresent anything. You said 65k is not an EPL wage. Is it's.
I said That fee for Christie is delusional because he isn't that good. Where have I said I want Celtic to 'hawk their best players for cheap'? Where have I said I want them to sell anyone? This is another example of you making arguments up.
I refused to answer in Eddie because I wasn't arguing in Eddie ffs. What pet of that have you failed to understand?
Now are you going to explain how Christie has been poor this season because of the 'chump of a manager' when you clearly don't think he was poor the previous season and a half despite having the same 'chump of a manager'

You did misrepresent what I said. I'm talking about the best player in Scotland and giving him what you term an average EPL wage. We can well afford that.

How is that fee delusional when inferior players are going for it routinely? McBurnie, Burke, Brady, Hendrick, Sam Clucas, Thomas Ince etc - you look at the fees that are thrown about down south and that fee is anything but delusional, in fact it's a bargain in comparison to some of them. Elyonoussi went for £16m so how is it delusional that we could expect a similar fee for Christie? It's not and you are ignoring all the parallels there because they defeat your argument.

Christie's performances have declined rapidly since Lennon came in, in line with every other player at the club in that time. You seem to be saying Lennon is not the problem now, are you not ashamed of trying this stunt?

There you go again putting words in people mouths. Do you ever get tired of your nonsense? Did I say Lennon wasn't the problem? You said Lennon is the reason he has had a poor season so I asked why he wasn't poor previously when he had Lennon as manager. A question you haven't really answered.
I didn't misrepresent anything. You brought top earners into it when you were Called on  your ridiculous statement.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 01:56:32 PM
Was Christie not on loan at Aberdeen for most of time under Rodgers and only really played half a season for him? Has played majority of Celtic career under Lennon?

Played for Celtic in Rodgers last season where he was probably our player of the season. Had done very well at Aberdeen when he was on loan there. Was MOTM in the win over RB Leipzig.

He's a very good player and one of Scotland's key men at present. He has been dreadful for Celtic this season and his performances tailed off since Lennon has taken over much like the rest of our players - McGregor, Forrest, Rogic etc

He only got in the team in late October and Rodgers was gone by February FFS. You're some bluffer, he's played almost entirely for Lennon at Celtic bar a few months altogether.

A £25m player on back of 3 months under Rodgers 2 years ago  ???

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 02:11:50 PM
Was Christie not on loan at Aberdeen for most of time under Rodgers and only really played half a season for him? Has played majority of Celtic career under Lennon?

Played for Celtic in Rodgers last season where he was probably our player of the season. Had done very well at Aberdeen when he was on loan there. Was MOTM in the win over RB Leipzig.

He's a very good player and one of Scotland's key men at present. He has been dreadful for Celtic this season and his performances tailed off since Lennon has taken over much like the rest of our players - McGregor, Forrest, Rogic etc

He only got in the team in late October and Rodgers was gone by February FFS. You're some bluffer, he's played almost entirely for Lennon at Celtic bar a few months altogether.

Some levels of misinformation there.

Christie was off the back of two very good seasons with Aberdeen, had a fantastic season with Celtic in his first season and like every other Celtic players has seen his form and performances gradually decline and continue to do so once Lennon came in and eroded all the standards Rodgers had built at Celtic.

Nobody has mentioned him as a 25m player, only you.

Oct to Feb is 5 months - not 3.

So your post is one complete pile of lies and rubbish.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Louther

He was that good at Aberdeen it took him until late October to nail down a place in the side owing to injuries and poor form.

The winter break is near 3 weeks in scotland. So all in all it was 3-4 months of football under Rodgers.

JimStynes

Louther has you Angelo! Someone throw in the towel for him!

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:18:10 PM

Christie was off the back of two very good seasons with Aberdeen, had a fantastic season with Celtic in his first season and like every other Celtic players has seen his form and performances gradually decline and continue to do so once Lennon came in and eroded all the standards Rodgers had built at Celtic.

Christie played 6 times for Celtic in his first season. Scored one goal. That's some heavy lifting to describe that as fantastic. He has played the majority of his games for Celtic under Lennon too.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 08, 2021, 02:36:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:18:10 PM

Christie played 6 times for Celtic in his first season. Scored one goal. That's some heavy lifting to describe that as fantastic. He has played the majority of his games for Celtic under Lennon too.

And he played his best football by far under Rodgers.

Like all the rest of the Celtic team, his form has fallen off a cliff under Lennon. He had two very successful seasons on loan at Aberdeen as well.

Like Forrest, like McGregor and like Rogic and all the rest. Christie's form has deteriorated under Lennon, rapidly. The common denominator.

You want Celtic to flip players and get taken advantage of by EPL clubs. I want Celtic to  hold onto their best players and when we do sell them we do it on our terms. That's where we differ.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 08, 2021, 02:26:31 PM

Another attempt at finding yourself a white knight. You really are coming across as quite desperate and out of your depth.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:47:38 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 08, 2021, 02:26:31 PM

Another attempt at finding yourself a white knight. You really are coming across as quite desperate and out of your depth.

Just admit for once you're wrong. Angelo - the man who is never wrong! Ever! Only apart from in this thread he's been wrong about 10 times this past few days.

dublin7

Quote from: michaelg on February 08, 2021, 01:57:26 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 08, 2021, 12:49:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 12:15:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 11:47:21 AM
Quote from: Louther on February 08, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
Celtic don't need this Donegal fella as DoF they have one here that will sort them out very quickly.

Deluded springs to mind if you think those players are worth that. Clubs don't pay that for players from the SPL, too much of a risk and in current climate as well, money not been spent.

And even the dog on the street knows that clubs have to operate in a wage structure. You pay one man £65k a week and you'll have a queue of agents down the hall looking for new contracts and any new signings looking these levels.

By all means, put contracts on table, negotiate and get them adding years to protect value but you can't risk the club on back of potential CL earnings.

I'd have no doubts that Desmond has sounded out new managers but is struggling to get the right man, interest not there at top end to manage a SPL team for 4 old firm games a year.

If they won't they pay then they shouldn't go.

They have no problem paying £40m for players from the English Championship so they should not have any problems paying that for players with European football pedigree.

You once again let your bias for beloved English Premier League cloud your judgement.

Sorry wee Man, you're all over the place, could you rewrite the first line in English, thanks.

You're triggered by criticism of your beloved EPL which you claim not to have an interest in.

You seem to have a bizarre obsession with Celtic.

Have you struggled to even figure what you tried to say yourself? Don't worry about it, reading and writing can be a challenge for some, chin up.

You don't seem to have anything to offer only inane posts when your obsession is outlined. Anglophiles like yourself have deep conflictions. So unless you have anything worthwhile to contribute that will be all.
From the man who obsesses over a British club.

Celtic are an Irish club.

You seem to have been been triggered by the anglophile comment. Is it Liverpool or Man Utd?
They may have Irish links but they are not an Irish club.  How can they be if they are based in Scotland?  As for your question, unlike you, I support a team in the country where i live!

Can someone explain to me how the football team Celtic FC that was formed in Glasgow Scotland, plays it's home games in Glasgow Scotland in the Scottish Premier League is Irish?

If I'm mistaken in thinking Celtic are Scottish and are actually Irish are Hibernian FC Irish and not Scottish as well?

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 08, 2021, 03:18:09 PM
Celtic don't need this Donegal fella as DoF they have one here that will sort them out very quickly.

Deluded springs to mind if you think those players are worth that. Clubs don't pay that for players from the SPL, too much of a risk and in current climate as well, money not been spent.

And even the dog on the street knows that clubs have to operate in a wage structure. You pay one man £65k a week and you'll have a queue of agents down the hall looking for new contracts and any new signings looking these levels.

By all means, put contracts on table, negotiate and get them adding years to protect value but you can't risk the club on back of potential CL earnings.

I'd have no doubts that Desmond has sounded out new managers but is struggling to get the right man, interest not there at top end to manage a SPL team for 4 old firm games a year.

They have no problem paying £40m for players from the English Championship so they should not have any problems paying that for players with European football pedigree.

You once again let your bias for beloved English Premier League cloud your judgement.

Sorry wee Man, you're all over the place, could you rewrite the first line in English, thanks.

You're triggered by criticism of your beloved EPL which you claim not to have an interest in.

Have you struggled to even figure what you tried to say yourself? Don't worry about it, reading and writing can be a challenge for some, chin up.

You don't seem to have anything to offer only inane posts when your obsession is outlined. Anglophiles like yourself have deep conflictions. So unless you have anything worthwhile to contribute that will be all.

You seem to have been been triggered by the anglophile comment. Is it Liverpool or Man Utd?
They may have Irish links but they are not an Irish club.  How can they be if they are based in Scotland?  As for your question, unlike you, I support a team in the country where i live!

Can someone explain to me how the football team Celtic FC that was formed in Glasgow Scotland, plays it's home games in Glasgow Scotland in the Scottish Premier League is Irish?

If I'm mistaken in thinking Celtic are Scottish and are actually Irish are Hibernian FC Irish and not Scottish as well?

It's ok, we wouldn't expect a West Brit to understand.

michaelg

Quote from: Angelo on February 08, 2021, 02:00:45 PM

Just because you were born in a stable, it does not make you a horse.

Is it Liverpool or Man Utd so?
Neither - I support a team in the Irish League.  Geography clearly not your strong point.

JimStynes

He's only got a few comebacks for when he's wrong. It'll be something about Lennon, something about carra and Neville, something about being an EPL lover or maybe an little englander

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 08, 2021, 03:38:43 PM

He's only got a few comebacks for when he's wrong. It'll be something about Lennon, something about carra and Neville, something about being an EPL lover or maybe an little englander

Keep searching for your white knight. You might find him eventually, princess.

JimStynes

You're under some pressure today Angelo. Wrong constantly and it absolutely kills you to admit it.