?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

dublin7

Quote from: JimStynes on February 07, 2021, 12:54:44 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 07, 2021, 12:45:04 AM
"Tin pot club Everton" with their players/manager only interested in the money played out an entertaining 3-3 draw with Man Utd tonight.

Maybe it's just me, but they way the players celebrated the last minute equaliser they didn't strike me as players who don't give a f**k and are only playing for Everton for the money.

Cracking goal from the former Real Madrid player James Rodriguez. I'd say their small supporter base (they ONLY have 2.3 million twitter followers) must have enjoyed that.

Should have offered £140k and got James Rodrigues. Celtic can afford it sure.

Celtic can offer big European nights that Everton can't as well

JimStynes

Quote from: dublin7 on February 07, 2021, 09:41:48 AM
"Tin pot club Everton" with their players/manager only interested in the money played out an entertaining 3-3 draw with Man Utd tonight.

Maybe it's just me, but they way the players celebrated the last minute equaliser they didn't strike me as players who don't give a f**k and are only playing for Everton for the money.

Cracking goal from the former Real Madrid player James Rodriguez. I'd say their small supporter base (they ONLY have 2.3 million twitter followers) must have enjoyed that.

Celtic can offer big European nights that Everton can't as well

And 4 big derby games. They're mad men playing down in the tinpot EPL when all that is on offer up in Scotland.

clarshack

It's a real shame that Lennon wasn't replaced in October/November as I feel Rangers under pressure would be dropping points left right and centre.

JimStynes

Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2021, 03:20:31 PM
It's a real shame that Lennon wasn't replaced in October/November as I feel Rangers under pressure would be dropping points left right and centre.

The Celtic comeback is on.

Angelo

Well done on Everton on drawing with Man Utd. I'm sure that's what players joined them for.

Sheffield United beat Man Utd a couple of weeks ago. My god, any criticsim of your beloved EPL has you easily triggered.

Twitter followers?   ;D ;D ;D

Wasn't there a certain big EPL club who recently had a big twitter farm controversy because half of their twitter followers were fake accounts.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-city-twitter-followers-252235

The depths of spin and bullshit you sink to when the EPL is criticised is hilarious.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Such a juvenile comment because you missed the point. If Celtic pay their best player 2m extra a year they keep him or at the very least they don't lose him for a derisory fee.

Instead we have a CEO who has desrtoyed the club drawing a salary of around 5m in one season.

Are you even a Celtic fan? All you seem to be saying is we are a small club who should not show any ambition whatsoever? Or are you just a bit sore of how it worked out for your local lad?

Angelo

Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2021, 03:20:31 PM

Since the Rangers defeat, Celtic have dropped 9 points in the subsequent games.

Had they made the change after that game and not dropped those points, Celtic's league title fate would now lie in their own hands.

Rangers are mentally brittle and if we applied the pressure I pretty sure results like today would have happened more and more again. Instead Lennon has gifted them every opportunity he could. They play these games without any pressure at all.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 03:50:21 PM

Such a juvenile comment because you missed the point. If Celtic pay their best player 2m extra a year they keep him or at the very least they don't lose him for a derisory fee.

Instead we have a CEO who has desrtoyed the club drawing a salary of around 5m in one season.

Are you even a Celtic fan? All you seem to be saying is we are a small club who should not show any ambition whatsoever? Or are you just a bit sore of how it worked out for your local lad?

Your usual go to line about Lennon doesn't apply to me as I was always critical of Lennon getting the job. The small club line doesn't work with me either as I have stated numerous times that Celtic are much bigger than Everton and most of the premier league. What I am is realistic, you're looking to double Celtic's wage structure. A wage structure that is significantly bigger than the rest of the league. Celtic's reason for failure is because of shite management on the pitch and at board level. The dont need to pay double the wages and they can't afford to either. The worst team in the EPL gets significantly more money than Celtic from TV deals alone. Celtic can't afford to pay EPL wages.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 07, 2021, 05:25:51 PM

Your usual go to line about Lennon doesn't apply to me as I was always critical of Lennon getting the job. The small club line doesn't work with me either as I have stated numerous times that Celtic are much bigger than Everton and most of the premier league. What I am is realistic, you're looking to double Celtic's wage structure. A wage structure that is significantly bigger than the rest of the league. Celtic's reason for failure is because of shite management on the pitch and at board level. The dont need to pay double the wages and they can't afford to either. The worst team in the EPL gets significantly more money than Celtic from TV deals alone. Celtic can't afford to pay EPL wages.

How am I looking at doubling Celtic's wage structure?

I said we should pay Edouard his market worth. It's roughly 2m extra a year? That money can be saved by shifting deadwood out, by removing parasites who sit on the board and steal our resources, by utilising our 22m cash reserves, by our billionaire owner investing, by giving us the best chance of adding an extra 30-40m in revenue from the CL, by ensuring we get the market value on our best players when we sell them off rather than the farcical situation we now face with Edouard, Ajer and Christie.

65k is not EPL wages. 200k is.

Celtic are more than capable of paying these wages. You're just finding ways to excuse the biscuit tin mentality. CL football is an extra 40m in revenue. We will lose out about 40m this summer when we sell Ajer and Edouard at knockdown prices. If we paid them they're market rate we could get 70m for them when we decide to sell - we will be lucky to get 30m for the two of them next summer. That's the biscuit tin mentality you are advocating.

Angelo

I see Fergal Harlin who is a Donegal man is linked with becoming Director of Football at Celtic. Currently works in a role at Man City that involves him finding loans for their youth players.

I do think a director of football is a good idea for Celtic.

MK

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 06:55:18 PM
I see Fergal Harlin who is a Donegal man is linked with becoming Director of Football at Celtic. Currently works in a role at Man City that involves him finding loans for their youth players.

Surely any half decent professional would'nt swap the top tier of football for the biscuit tin league ;) ;)

Kieran Mc Kenna has made quite a name for himself in club football-would he be a suitable coaching target?

ned

Quote from: MK on February 07, 2021, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 06:55:18 PM

Surely any half decent professional would'nt swap the top tier of football for the biscuit tin league ;) ;)

Kieran Mc Kenna has made quite a name for himself in club football-would he be a suitable coaching target?

Doubt Solskjaer would be considered for the Celtic job, not good enough pedigree.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 06:05:50 PM

I said we should pay Edouard his market worth. It's roughly 2m extra a year? That money can be saved by shifting deadwood out, by removing parasites who sit on the board and steal our resources, by utilising our 22m cash reserves, by our billionaire owner investing, by giving us the best chance of adding an extra 30-40m in revenue from the CL, by ensuring we get the market value on our best players when we sell them off rather than the farcical situation we now face with Edouard, Ajer and Christie.

Celtic are more than capable of paying these wages. You're just finding ways to excuse the biscuit tin mentality. CL football is an extra 40m in revenue. We will lose out about 40m this summer when we sell Ajer and Edouard at knockdown prices. If we paid them they're market rate we could get 70m for them when we decide to sell - we will be lucky to get 30m for the two of them next summer. That's the biscuit tin mentality you are advocating.

200k per week is hardly the norm in the premier league now is it

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 07, 2021, 11:22:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 06:05:50 PM

200k per week is hardly the norm in the premier league now is it

For the top earners I'd assume so for the majority of the clubs. Everton are paying their manager a figure in and around that.

tonto1888

According to the 2019 Global Sports Salary Survey, the average pay for top-flight players is £61,024 per week.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1265233/Premier-League-average-salary-player-wages-cut/amp
Average salary of around 60k per week which would mean, going by your figures, we would be paying Eddie a premier league salary