62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:37:20 PM
I'd actually credit Merson with more intelligence than you  ;D ;D

I like sport, no teams in EPL but if you want to watch a team at a similar level to Celtic, come and watch Dundalk when you can.

Your profile has your club down as Man U.

You want to try that one again.

I'm guessing you're actually dublin7's alias.

Man U might have been once upon a time when Moran and McGarth played, mainly as an Irish connection but no interest there now. Stuck that down rather than my GAA club.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on February 03, 2021, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 12:11:17 PM
Absolute horseshit.
I'm just going to dismantle your pathetic argument. First off, I'm a realist, you're a Celtic da.
QuoteCeltic are in the CL qualifying rounds for the last 9 years, qualified for them 3 years ago. I can't remember Everton being in the CL in my lifetime, can you?
What's your point? Celtic play in a 2-team league and for most of the last decade have had a bye. Everton qualified for CL in 2005 and also happen to play in a much more difficult and competitive league.
QuoteOf clubs with CL ambitions, Celtic have far more than Everton.
Yeah huge ambition alright, one of the fundamental failures of the club hierarchy has been the taking for granted of European football. Sell our best players and replace them with duds. Celtic have an absolutely embarrassing record in Europe.
QuoteThe only thing that makes those clubs appealing is the salary on offer. The Celtic job looks appealing to any manager if you put a £11.5m salary on the table so let's cut this horseshit about managing or playing for Everton, Crystal Palace or West Ham as being an attractive option, the only thing attractive about mid table mediocrity and the EPL is the salaries on offer.
Not once have I denied the financial appeal of the EPL. You seem to think that it's the only appeal (the rest of the world disagrees lol) You seem to  believe the Scottish Premiership is more appealing than the EPL. You actually believe that players, given the choice, should choose Celtic or Rangers over any EPL team. Are you really that delusional?
QuoteIf you believe the horseshit about the EPL attracting players for anything other than money then you have been brainwashed by Sky Sports.
Yeah. Every young lad dreams of playing Accies away on a shitty plastic pitch. Playing against some of the biggest names in world football in one of the best leagues in the world doesn't come into it. It's solely for the money. Not a football decision at all.
QuoteDo you think Rafa Benitez was wooed to the Chinese Superleague for anything other than a £12m salary?
of course it was for money but we aren't talking about China are we?

Dismantled it?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You couldn't have done a better job of dismantling your own argument if you tried. I'll cover how you did it.

QuoteI'm just going to dismantle your pathetic argument. First off, I'm a realist, you're a Celtic da.

I'm a realist. This is why I can see why Everton had to pay Ancelotti double what he was getting at in his last job (after two successive sacking) to take the job in the first place.

QuoteWhat's your point? Celtic play in a 2-team league and for most of the last decade have had a bye. Everton qualified for CL in 2005 and also happen to play in a much more difficult and competitive league.

My point is exactly that. Celtic have CL qualification chances every single year. Everton have never qualified for the CL, never. They did get knocked out by Villarreal in the CL QUALIFIERS that year though. This was around the time Celtic were CL regulars under MON/Strachan. Everton have managed to do brilliant at being mediocre in an overhyped league.

QuoteYeah huge ambition alright, one of the fundamental failures of the club hierarchy has been the taking for granted of European football. Sell our best players and replace them with duds. Celtic have an absolutely embarrassing record in Europe.

Who mentioned anything about Celtic being ambitious? I have consistently called out the board for their lack of ambition, what I have said there is absolutely enormous potential with Celtic if we get the structures and proper investment in the club right. Celtic have an embarrasing record in Europe but not as embarrassing as Everton's who in the few times they qualify for it get utterly humiliated.

QuoteNot once have I denied the financial appeal of the EPL. You seem to think that it's the only appeal (the rest of the world disagrees lol) You seem to  believe the Scottish Premiership is more appealing than the EPL. You actually believe that players, given the choice, should choose Celtic or Rangers over any EPL team. Are you really that delusional?

It is the only appeal. I would certainly say winning titles and cups in Scotland, playing in European football is a far more enticing prospect than playing for 10th place or battling relegation in England. If Celtic were in a position to offer Ancelotti an £11.5m salary I don't see any reason why he wouldn't manage Celtic.

QuoteYeah. Every young lad dreams of playing Accies away on a shitty plastic pitch. Playing against some of the biggest names in world football in one of the best leagues in the world doesn't come into it. It's solely for the money. Not a football decision at all.

Maybe they dream about a big European night at Celtic Park, European football, winning titles, winning cups. Or maybe they want to savour mid table mediocrity, trips to Craven Cottage, Turf Moor and Selhurst Park?

Quoteof course it was for money but we aren't talking about China are we?

Ok, finally some truth. Can you tell me why it took Ancelotti just sacked at Napoli where he was earning €6m a year, £11.5m to take on the Everton job. Do you think he went, listen lads - Everton are a tinpot club really so I'm going to need double my rate to lower myself to such a job. Why have a club like Everton who have never qualified for CL football, haven't won a trophy in nearly 30 odd years one of the highest paid managers in football?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:58:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 01:41:37 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:37:20 PM
I'd actually credit Merson with more intelligence than you  ;D ;D

I like sport, no teams in EPL but if you want to watch a team at a similar level to Celtic, come and watch Dundalk when you can.

Your profile has your club down as Man U.

You want to try that one again.

I'm guessing you're actually dublin7's alias.

Man U might have been once upon a time when Moran and McGarth played, mainly as an Irish connection but no interest there now. Stuck that down rather than my GAA club.

Bit odd. Why did you not put Dundalk down? Think you just got found out again, dublin7.

Louther

Never said I supported Dundalk, they the local club and will venture for the odd big game but it's not exactly top class entertainment. They do create a good atmosphere on the big nights to make it watchable.

If you read what I said you could watch them as similar level to Celtic.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 02:15:43 PM
Never said I supported Dundalk, they the local club and will venture for the odd big game but it's not exactly top class entertainment. They do create a good atmosphere on the big nights to make it watchable.

So what you're telling me is that despite putting down Man Utd as your club. You don't really support them.

Forgive me if I'm not convinced, Dublin7.

Sorry "Louther" ;D

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 02:15:43 PM

So what you're telling me is that despite putting down Man Utd as your club. You don't really support them.

Forgive me if I'm not convinced, Dublin7.

Sorry "Louther" ;D

Yeah, maybe when they start winning again I'll be back.

And you totally wrong but seem to be obsessed that I'm someone I'm not.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 01:04:43 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 01:02:22 PM
Your point is mute.

Are we talking about Ancelottis ambitions or Everton's? It Everton's call what their ambitions are.

If you think he is motivated by money, you're rather clueless. He doesn't need money, he takes the going rate, like everyone else does when they take a job. The more high profile and expectations of the job, the higher the pay. It's not going to turn down what's been offered. Like Benitez in China.

We are talking about Ancelotti's ambition.

He's not at Everton for anything other than £11.5m.

Everton are a nothing club like 75% of the EPL which is why EPL clubs pay a premium to get talent to go to their clubs.

To think that people are attracted to the EPL for anything other than the money is just pure Sky Sports brainwashing.

You talk some shite. Last week you were saying Villa is a big club with European tradition. Now 75% of the EPL are nothing clubs.

general_lee

I'd love to argue all day with you Angelo, it's really a marathon with you as you'd argue a black crows white.

To summarise: Everton is in EVERY way, shape or form more appealing than Celtic. As are most EPL clubs. Whether that be for managers or players. You can't even tell me why Everton were willing to spend £11.5m on a multiple European cup winner for their managers job. Why are they paying a premium on a multiple European champion? To secure a top 8 finish? When have the Celtic hierarchy ever shown that sort of ambition? When have they last invested heavily in the squad?

You have said nothing to counter the facts - other than "European nights at Celtic Park". If you were anywhere close to being correct, we'd see a stream of players queuing up to play for Celtic or Rangers. We have nothing of the sort. There is almost zero prestige associated with the Scottish game these days. Your whole argument is based on opinion. So no, you are not a realist, you are a Celtic Da.

I am a realist and in real terms, Celtic are a small club. They have a big fan base and a great history but in today's world, they aren't big guns. They play in a fairly substandard league and have only one real team to compete with (and we can't even do that now!). That is the reality. Just because you can't remove your emotional attachment to club does not make your piss weak arguments fact.

tonto1888

Sadly, everything general Lee says here is correct

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on February 03, 2021, 03:15:37 PM
I'd love to argue all day with you Angelo, it's really a marathon with you as you'd argue a black crows white.

To summarise: Everton is in EVERY way, shape or form more appealing than Celtic. As are most EPL clubs. Whether that be for managers or players. You can't even tell me why Everton were willing to spend £11.5m on a multiple European cup winner for their managers job. Why are they paying a premium on a multiple European champion? To secure a top 8 finish? When have the Celtic hierarchy ever shown that sort of ambition? When have they last invested heavily in the squad?

You have said nothing to counter the facts - other than "European nights at Celtic Park". If you were anywhere close to being correct, we'd see a stream of players queuing up to play for Celtic or Rangers. We have nothing of the sort. There is almost zero prestige associated with the Scottish game these days. Your whole argument is based on opinion. So no, you are not a realist, you are a Celtic Da.

I am a realist and in real terms, Celtic are a small club. They have a big fan base and a great history but in today's world, they aren't big guns. They play in a fairly substandard league and have only one real team to compete with (and we can't even do that now!). That is the reality. Just because you can't remove your emotional attachment to club does not make your piss weak arguments fact.

On a financial aspect Everton are more appealing than Celtic.

On every other aspect they are a tinpot club. Less fans, smaller stadium, no European football, no silverware in nearly 30 years. They are a midtable team that go through the motions every years. It's no wonder they have to pay Ancelotti, an out of work manager sacked from his last two jobs and double the salary he was on at Napoli to take the job.

That is the reality. I think you might need some electro shock therapy to wean you off your Sky Sports addiction.

Main Street

It's 14 or so years since Celtic beat Man U in the CL, the finacial gap was big then but has since gone through the roof. The media money means that even the EPL bottom teams have 3 times more annual income than Celtic.
That's the reality, the comical bit is then you have Irish people who have imagined  themselve to be deeply connection to one of the top EPL franchise clubs, boasting about how great they are  in comparison to the SPL ;D 

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 01:15:28 PM
Villa and Red Star ARE big clubs.

Jim Stynes seems to be of the Little Englander variety who thinks clubs with loads of money and little tradition are big clubs.

Everton?

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 03, 2021, 04:21:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 01:15:28 PM
Villa and Red Star ARE big clubs.

Jim Stynes seems to be of the Little Englander variety who thinks clubs with loads of money and little tradition are big clubs.

Everton?

Everton are tin pot club.

Louther

Celtic are a biscuit tin club - as you say yourself.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 03, 2021, 04:24:05 PM
Celtic are a biscuit tin club - as you say yourself.

A massive club with a biscuit tin mentality.