?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 11:44:07 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 11:39:23 AM
Pays himself  ::) I think Dermot Desmond and the board might have a thing or two to say about that.

Didn't realise i was defending him by the way? Maybe in Angeloland?

Again, the ignorance here is astounding.

Have you managed to clock yet that Lawwell sits on the board that dictate their own pay. Lawwell and the board are one and the same, fat Tories getting rich off running the club down.

You are defending him here. You are as tone deaf with the Celtic support as Lawwell was.

All this loyalty bought because he gave Lennon a job he was not qualified or fit to do.
It still doesn't mean he sets his own pay ffs!!!! The board have to approve it and DD is on the board. Celtic are listed on the Stock Exchange and answer to shareholders, paying himself would be illegal I'd imagine?

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 11:59:40 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 11:44:07 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 11:39:23 AM
Pays himself  ::) I think Dermot Desmond and the board might have a thing or two to say about that.

Didn't realise i was defending him by the way? Maybe in Angeloland?

Again, the ignorance here is astounding.

Have you managed to clock yet that Lawwell sits on the board that dictate their own pay. Lawwell and the board are one and the same, fat Tories getting rich off running the club down.

You are defending him here. You are as tone deaf with the Celtic support as Lawwell was.

All this loyalty bought because he gave Lennon a job he was not qualified or fit to do.
It still doesn't mean he sets his own pay ffs!!!! The board have to approve it and DD is on the board. Celtic are listed on the Stock Exchange and answer to shareholders, paying himself would be illegal I'd imagine?

It does mean he is able to set his own pay. You have an extremely naive outlook on boardrooms if you think they don't look after themselves. The board set their own salaries, they look after themselves and as a result Lawwell was able to become one of the highest paid football executives in Europe as he presided over a tenure where Celtic failed to win a knockout European tie after Christmas in 15 years and have became a laughing stock in European football.

That is the legacy of Peter Lawwell and one which he has became very rich off the back of. You're the one defending his salary here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

Oh, so it's your opinion, not fact and is infact therefore Libelous.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 11:17:14 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 11:09:05 AM
Angelo your view of Celtic is seriously inflated. What gives Celtic the right to think they're even in the same bracket as Ajax. Massive support world wide due to the Irish link but no where near the same footballing prestige as Ajax. It will remain the same until they're out of the Scottish league.

My view of Celtic is not inflated. You seem to view Celtic as some tinpot club, we are not. We are ran like one though by an executive who trousers the money we make from selling our best players.

What is apparent is that the Armagh lads on here and their views are completely out of touch with the vast majority of Celtic fans. If you go on to the club's twitter account and look at the comments below the announcement you will realise the deep disdain that is held for Lawwell and how he has mismanaged the club. The vast, vast majority of comments are utterly, utterly scathing of the man.

On here you have a load of lads who seem more worried about how a local lad and his acquaintacnes are looked after than the football club itself.

You guys are completely out of touch and you're embarrassing yourselves defending this shit.

I'm not from Armagh  ;)
Also, go have a look at Ajax's history and the players they've had over the years and compare them to Celtic. Celtic are a big club but they've nowhere near the history of success that Ajax have had. I want PL and Neil Lennon sacked and you go back through my post history and see I've been saying that for the last number of years. But the only man who is embarrassing himself is you, on multiple threads. #angeloout

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 12:34:53 PM

It's fact.

Boards decide their own salaries. Lawwell sits on the board.

Celtic are a PLC who have to disclose their director's earnings every year, they are obliged to report their financial performance, the financial aspects of their transfer dealings.

We all know the on field performances of Celtic in recent years.

We know that as Celtic have became more and more of a laughing stock in European football, as humiliations have increased on the European stage, as Celtic have became more and more of a club who pimps their best players out for transfers every season, who fail to reinvest that money into the management and players available for the club, that Lawwell's salary and bonuses have continued to rise.

This information is all public, so why do you feel the need to a)dispute it and b) try and muddy the waters by labeling it libelous?

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 12:38:41 PM
Angelo your view of Celtic is seriously inflated. What gives Celtic the right to think they're even in the same bracket as Ajax. Massive support world wide due to the Irish link but no where near the same footballing prestige as Ajax. It will remain the same until they're out of the Scottish league.

My view of Celtic is not inflated. You seem to view Celtic as some tinpot club, we are not. We are ran like one though by an executive who trousers the money we make from selling our best players.

What is apparent is that the Armagh lads on here and their views are completely out of touch with the vast majority of Celtic fans. If you go on to the club's twitter account and look at the comments below the announcement you will realise the deep disdain that is held for Lawwell and how he has mismanaged the club. The vast, vast majority of comments are utterly, utterly scathing of the man.

On here you have a load of lads who seem more worried about how a local lad and his acquaintacnes are looked after than the football club itself.

You guys are completely out of touch and you're embarrassing yourselves defending this shit.

I'm not from Armagh  ;)
Also, go have a look at Ajax's history and the players they've had over the years and compare them to Celtic. Celtic are a big club but they've nowhere near the history of success that Ajax have had. I want PL and Neil Lennon sacked and you go back through my post history and see I've been saying that for the last number of years. But the only man who is embarrassing himself is you, on multiple threads. #angeloout

What history have Ajax had over the years haven't had.

Both clubs don't play in big leagues.
Have 50k seater stadiums.
Have big European traditions.

Celtic and Ajax have featured in the same number of European finals in the past 20 years.

I think you don't know much about the history of either club to be spouting such nonsense.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:43:35 PM

I'm not from Armagh  ;)

Celtic and Ajax have featured in the same number of European finals in the past 20 years.

I think you don't know much about the history of either club to be spouting such nonsense.

What's Celtic big European tradition?

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 12:50:57 PM

I'm not from Armagh  ;)

Champions League winners.

What's Ajax big European tradition?

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:41:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 29, 2021, 12:34:53 PM

It's fact.

Boards decide their own salaries. Lawwell sits on the board.

Celtic are a PLC who have to disclose their director's earnings every year, they are obliged to report their financial performance, the financial aspects of their transfer dealings.

We all know the on field performances of Celtic in recent years.

We know that as Celtic have became more and more of a laughing stock in European football, as humiliations have increased on the European stage, as Celtic have became more and more of a club who pimps their best players out for transfers every season, who fail to reinvest that money into the management and players available for the club, that Lawwell's salary and bonuses have continued to rise.

This information is all public, so why do you feel the need to a)dispute it and b) try and muddy the waters by labeling it libelous?
It clearly isn't a fact that he pays himself, it is libelous for you to write that it is.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:56:05 PM

I'm not from Armagh  ;)

4 champions leagues wins, 1 uefa cup, 1 cup winners cup and a 3 or 4 final appearances. A semi final appearance in CL not so long ago as well. Plus the those super cups if you want to include those. They've had players like Cruyff, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Ibrahimovic, Davids, Seedorf, overmars, Kluivert and many more superstar footballers come through their ranks and they keep producing them. Celtic are as big in terms of support but let's not fool ourselves into comparing the football achievements with them.

JimStynes

Teams like Villa and Red Star have also won a champions league. Big traditions!

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:56:05 PM

I'm not from Armagh  ;)

4 champions leagues wins, 1 uefa cup, 1 cup winners cup and a 3 or 4 final appearances. A semi final appearance in CL not so long ago as well. Plus the those super cups if you want to include those. They've had players like Cruyff, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Ibrahimovic, Davids, Seedorf, overmars, Kluivert and many more superstar footballers come through their ranks and they keep producing them. Celtic are as big in terms of support but let's not fool ourselves into comparing the football achievements with them.

Ajax are very similar to Celtic, a real example of what Celtic could be now. Ajax won three CLs in a row in the 70s, Have not done a whole pile since. We have been in the same number of UEFA/Europa finals in the past 20 years.

We have had plenty of players in our ranks lately that are showing up at a high level. Dembele recently enjoying Atletico Madrid, Tierney at Arsenal, Van Dijk at Liverpool etc.

The difference is Celtic have been railroaded by a board who will scupper transfer deals trying to short Hibs for a few hundred grand, will lose the best manager they've had in 20 years because the bonuses of the CEO is more important than backing the manager with the funds he deserves. Hopefully now Lawwell is gone it's a sign that things are about to change at this club.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 29, 2021, 01:06:23 PM
Teams like Villa and Red Star have also won a champions league. Big traditions!

Forrest too!

I hope he gets a big pay out from the club when he goes as he well deserves that for the record Celtic have achieved over the period he's been CEO. 29 trophies is some going, can't judge a man on one poor enough season.

I think people are getting clouded that Rangers are 20 odd points in front and Celtic may struggle for second place. The 10 in a row brigade are livid, but Celtic will no doubt bounce back and be competitive again, or hope Rangers have some more tax problems and be turfed out again.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Villa and Red Star ARE big clubs.

Jim Stynes seems to be of the Little Englander variety who thinks clubs with loads of money and little tradition are big clubs.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 01:15:28 PM
Villa and Red Star ARE big clubs.

Jim Stynes seems to be of the Little Englander variety who thinks clubs with loads of money and little tradition are big clubs.

Oh aye. Massive clubs. When I think of champions league tradition I think of Celtic, Madrid and Villa. You're embarrassing yourself. Deluded.