?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2021, 02:34:50 PM
Who is going to want the job? It'll have to be some up and coming inexperienced manager like Stevie G was. Who's going to want to sign for them. A complete disaster of a season. I'm not even convinced Celtic would have held on last season as well.

That's all relative.

Celtic are a massive club historically, passionate fanbase, good facilities. They have a good revenue base that compares with other big clubs outside the top leagues like Ajax, Benfica, Porto, RB Salzburg etc - clubs who do reasonably well in Europe on a consistent basis. Celtic have a very manageable route for Champions League football on an annual basis, a good shop window for a move to the EPL.

The problem lies with Peter Lawwell, an executive utterly obsessed with lining his own pockets, a man utterly obsessed with power. As long as Lawwell remains in his position we will continue to be unambitious, we will continue to appoint a manager with little pedigree or clout to go up against him.

There is some much potential for Celtic but it's never going to be realised with Lawwell at the club, we saw how Rodgers changed the culture and standards at the club in such a short space of time. We saw how Lennon completely dismantled that culture and those standards in such a short space of time.

We can either be ambitious or not but Lawwell didn't like the fact that Rodgers was a manager with stature and pedigree and who was capable of causing a serious amount of unrest for him.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

straightred

Quote from: dublin7 on January 02, 2021, 02:43:33 PM
Quote from: straightred on January 02, 2021, 02:32:17 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 02, 2021, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 02, 2021, 02:24:42 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

We all know the only reason he got the gig today and he delivered.

Bitton rugby tackled the Rangers lad to stop him getting in on goal. No other Celtic defender was going to close him done. Stone wall red card. Blaming the ref for that result is delusional and clutching at straws.

Ajer was covering in the middle. It was a very marginal call at best. Dont know why he bothered tackling him though - he'd never score anyway

Ajer was never getting back in time. He's well behind the play. Bitton was stupid though. Morelos still has work to do to score. No need to do what he did.
No chance.... do you even see it. Jack had a stormer didn't he :-)

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on January 02, 2021, 02:33:45 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 02, 2021, 02:27:04 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

Can hardly blame the ref. Bitton cost us the game

Lennon cost us the league but hey geographical loyalty will probably stop you saying that.
f**king right he did. But today Celtic were set up to win, should have won and collapsed after a ridiculous tackle that deservedly resulted in a red. Plenty of teams crumble after going down to ten and the pressure on this mentally weak team was too much. Yes in the bigger picture Lennon should have been watching the match on sky sports but I think the team were well up for it at the start, dominated and should have been 1 or 2 nil up at half time. One stupid mistake cost the game not Bobby madden

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2021, 02:41:00 PM
I'd let Eddie and a few others go in January here and get some money for them. A few players have hardly broke sweat for months. Lennon needs to go too. He has been too stubborn to change things early in the year and has now left today as a do or die game. So f**king frustrating. Rangers played terrible today and still won without a shot on target.

Eddie looks like a fella that thinks he is too good to have to try. Big fat arse on him too. If they could get any sort of decent money for him they should cash in, fellas like that will not amount to anything anyway. You need to always work hard. Leaving negativity aside I was impressed with Griffith, Frimpong (bar poor final ball), Laxalt, Soro and Ajer. Turnbull was decent. They are the lads you need to build a new team around. Plus there is clearly a big difference between lennon and rodgers, rodgers was a huge signing for Celtic they wont have access to a manager of that quality too often. But Lennon I'm afraid looks like hes threading water

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on January 02, 2021, 02:46:40 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

Lennon cost us the league but hey geographical loyalty will probably stop you saying that.
f**king right he did. But today Celtic were set up to win, should have won and collapsed after a ridiculous tackle that deservedly resulted in a red. Plenty of teams crumble after going down to ten and the pressure on this mentally weak team was too much. Yes in the bigger picture Lennon should have been watching the match on sky sports but I think the team were well up for it at the start, dominated and should have been 1 or 2 nil up at half time. One stupid mistake cost the game not Bobby madden

It was a stupid mistake from Bitton.

Looked like Ajer was in a good position to cover though but the orange bastard couldn't wait to get his red card out.

We played well up until the red card but even before the red card Madden was doing everything he could for the huns. He was blowing daft free after daft free to allow Celtic's momentum to be broken.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 02, 2021, 02:44:38 PM
Who is going to want the job? It'll have to be some up and coming inexperienced manager like Stevie G was. Who's going to want to sign for them. A complete disaster of a season. I'm not even convinced Celtic would have held on last season as well.

That's all relative.

Celtic are a massive club historically, passionate fanbase, good facilities. They have a good revenue base that compares with other big clubs outside the top leagues like Ajax, Benfica, Porto, RB Salzburg etc - clubs who do reasonably well in Europe on a consistent basis. Celtic have a very manageable route for Champions League football on an annual basis, a good shop window for a move to the EPL.

The problem lies with Peter Lawwell, an executive utterly obsessed with lining his own pockets, a man utterly obsessed with power. As long as Lawwell remains in his position we will continue to be unambitious, we will continue to appoint a manager with little pedigree or clout to go up against him.

There is some much potential for Celtic but it's never going to be realised with Lawwell at the club, we saw how Rodgers changed the culture and standards at the club in such a short space of time. We saw how Lennon completely dismantled that culture and those standards in such a short space of time.

We can either be ambitious or not but Lawwell didn't like the fact that Rodgers was a manager with stature and pedigree and who was capable of causing a serious amount of unrest for him.

I can't see anyone as good as Brendan coming to Celtic. I can't see anyone of note coming to Celtic for a long time. All those things you are saying seem to be less important in the modern era of football. Unless Celtic get into a European league of sorts then I can't see Celtic's stature being as important as it used to be.

Really disappointing today. As it got closer to half time the more I thought it was going to be a rangers win with a goal against the run of play. Massive changes needed Celtic park. With Lennon and Lawell needing to go. What is Desmond's view on all this? Does he ever say anything? Does he just profit from the whole thing or is he a genuine Celtic fan. Surely if he's as rich as they say he could put some money into the club.

Main Street

Strange that, after Duffy's yellow card tackle, Morelos aggressively lays into Brown, strikes him on the face, the ref puts his arms around Morelos and forcibly leads him away, no card.

Rangers were crap, one very good ball all game which got Bitton unnecessarily panicked. Celtic got very close 3 or 4 times but mostly powder puff in front of goal. Frimpong and Laxalt were useless with their final ball, undoing any of their good work.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 02, 2021, 02:50:02 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

Looked like Ajer was in a good position to cover though but the orange bastard couldn't wait to get his red card out.

We played well up until the red card but even before the red card Madden was doing everything he could for the huns. He was blowing daft free after daft free to allow Celtic's momentum to be broken.

I don't agree. He could have dished out a few cards early on to a few Celtic players but didn't. It was a clear red card as well. No arguments. I couldn't blame the ref at all. He made a few mistakes but Celtic have only themselves to blame.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2021, 02:53:33 PM

That's all relative.

I can't see anyone as good as Brendan coming to Celtic. I can't see anyone of note coming to Celtic for a long time. All those things you are saying seem to be less important in the modern era of football. Unless Celtic get into a European league of sorts then I can't see Celtic's stature being as important as it used to be.

Really disappointing today. As it got closer to half time the more I thought it was going to be a rangers win with a goal against the run of play. Massive changes needed Celtic park. With Lennon and Lawell needing to go. What is Desmond's view on all this? Does he ever say anything? Does he just profit from the whole thing or is he a genuine Celtic fan. Surely if he's as rich as they say he could put some money into the club.

That depends on how much ambition we show.

Clubs with similar budgets to ours who don't play in the top 4/5 leagues are able to attract managers with big reputations to their club.

Celtic have the chance of winning titles every season, they have the opportunity to play European football every season, they have a 60k stadium with a season ticket waiting list, have one of the most renowned footballing rivalries in Europe. It should be an easy sell if the club are willing to invest in the manager and back him.

We got Rodgers because we pushed the boat out for him but when the push came to shove Lawwell refused to back him and he jumped ship.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2021, 02:55:40 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

I don't agree. He could have dished out a few cards early on to a few Celtic players but didn't. It was a clear red card as well. No arguments. I couldn't blame the ref at all. He made a few mistakes but Celtic have only themselves to blame.

Who could he have dished cards out?

He was blowing Celtic players up for phantom frees every few minutes. Soro had about 4 absolute nonsense frees given against him in the first half. There was a 45 second spell in the first half where he award two frees to Rangers against Laxalt and Turnbull when they were actually the players that had been fouled.

After the first 20 minutes where Celtic were all over them it became a game where Madden was blowing his whistle every minute and Celtic couldn't get their momentum.

dublin7

Quote from: straightred on January 02, 2021, 02:45:00 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 02, 2021, 02:43:33 PM
Quote from: straightred on January 02, 2021, 02:32:17 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 02, 2021, 02:28:51 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

Bitton rugby tackled the Rangers lad to stop him getting in on goal. No other Celtic defender was going to close him done. Stone wall red card. Blaming the ref for that result is delusional and clutching at straws.

Ajer was covering in the middle. It was a very marginal call at best. Dont know why he bothered tackling him though - he'd never score anyway

Ajer was never getting back in time. He's well behind the play. Bitton was stupid though. Morelos still has work to do to score. No need to do what he did.
No chance.... do you even see it. Jack had a stormer didn't he :-)

Ryan Jack had his moments, but no one said he had a stormer. Hagi made a difference in the 2nd half. Morelos is just outside the box when he's pulled down. No way he doesn't get a shot on goal so it has to be a red card. Bitton needs to gamble though and hope he misses. Even if he does score it's still 11 v 11 on the pitch.

Lennon had his team set up tight and didn't get anything wrong. It's not his fault Bitton had a brain fart, paniced and rugby tackled Morelos trying to recover from his mistake.

Duffy looks devoid of confidence and made several mistakes when he came on. No wonder he didn't start.

Delighted for Steven Gerrard. Someone in the PL or Championship will move for him in the summer. Rangers fans in our Scotland office don't expect to be able to keep him beyond this season.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on January 02, 2021, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2021, 02:53:33 PM

That's all relative.

That depends on how much ambition we show.

Clubs with similar budgets to ours who don't play in the top 4/5 leagues are able to attract managers with big reputations to their club.

Celtic have the chance of winning titles every season, they have the opportunity to play European football every season, they have a 60k stadium with a season ticket waiting list, have one of the most renowned footballing rivalries in Europe. It should be an easy sell if the club are willing to invest in the manager and back him.

We got Rodgers because we pushed the boat out for him but when the push came to shove Lawwell refused to back him and he jumped ship.

I agree but Rodgers was always looking back the EPL. I don't blame him for taking the Leicester job. The other smaller leagues would still be much bigger than Scotland though. Ajax, Benfica etc all play in leagues much bigger and better than Scotland.

straightred

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2021, 02:55:40 PM
As for Bobby Madden.

All first half they were dropping like flies and getting soft frees. Kept breaking up the play which is exactly what they wanted. If you want one clear example take the "foul" that he blew for Griff on mcgregor. Absolutely zero contact but Madden obligingly blew up

From the Bunker

There is also a staleness with Celtic. Most of the players playing today have pockets laden with Domestic medals. Most have won 12 Domestic Medals in the last 4 years. It's hard for to keep that hunger going or even pretend. Also, most of those Medals were won handy enough before the re-emergence of Rangers under Gerrard.

Rangers on the other hand have empty pockets and that hunger is easier to tap into.

From the Bunker

There is also a staleness with Celtic. Most of the players playing today have pockets laden with Domestic medals. Most have won 12 Domestic Medals in the last 4 years. It's hard for to keep that hunger going or even pretend. Also, most of those Medals were won handy enough before the re-emergence of Rangers under Gerrard.

Rangers on the other hand have empty pockets and that hunger is easier to tap into.