Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

There is not one person on this thread looking NL to stay on in his job, is the league over? I think so. In fact it could turn out embarrassing and Sevco could go the season unbeaten as they look streets ahead of everyone and don't look like conceding a goal. DD and PL should also sack a few players who have obviously downed tools too and are a disgrace to call themselves professionals. This is a total disaster...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on December 06, 2020, 06:30:10 PM
There is not one person on this thread looking NL to stay on in his job, is the league over? I think so. In fact it could turn out embarrassing and Sevco could go the season unbeaten as they look streets ahead of everyone and don't look like conceding a goal. DD and PL should also sack a few players who have obviously downed tools too and are a disgrace to call themselves professionals. This is a total disaster...

Sack a few players? Lawwell should resign himself before anyone else goes. He is the the primary source of the problem. He appointed Lennon, stood by him and we are now seeing the damage if Lawwell's mismanagement of the club.

The money Lawwell has creamed out of Celtic as he has ran it down and cut corners is disgusting. Peter Lawwell's position is untenable.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 06, 2020, 07:24:47 PM

Sack a few players? Lawwell should resign himself before anyone else goes. He is the the primary source of the problem. He appointed Lennon, stood by him and we are now seeing the damage if Lawwell's mismanagement of the club.

The money Lawwell has creamed out of Celtic as he has ran it down and cut corners is disgusting. Peter Lawwell's position is untenable.

Agree totally.

Making a fool of the fans too - cutting corners over players like John Mc Ginn etc. and involved in picking players etc.

Feathering his nest but now he's been found out big time.

As stated before, the whole objective was not to spend money, win a few trophies to pacify the fans and hopefully get a run in Europe to get more cash.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2020, 05:20:25 PM
Be quite the irony for Celtic to give Lennon the bullet on December 8th in a year ending in 0

That's quite crass tbh

Applesisapples

Celtic is a business, the way to hit them is to not buy season tickets, pools, the View or merchandise.

straightred

And when they've done that they should take a long hard look at themselves.

I never wanted him near the job. My heart sank when he was given the job after the cup final. I hoped I was wrong but knew deep down that he was a bang average (at best) manager and so it has proven to be.

At this stage I think I'm past caring. I didn't watch it yesterday. I won't watch them again while he's in charge. I've told my kids not to get me anything Celtic related for Christmas (they always do). If travel was open I wouldn't go over. Its tiny in the overall scheme of things but if this sh*tshow continues much longer the upper tiers will be closed next season irrespective of covid. Desmond can pontificate all he wants but he has 50,000 season ticket holders who will remind him of their importance very quickly when season ticket renewal time comes around.

Its already too late for this season but if he wants to save next season he needs to get that imposter out the door today.

general_lee

I'm not past caring. This ones on the board now. Lennon is just a patsy for them; and willingly too. If you can't change it at home against f**king St Johnstone how do they expect it to change in a few weeks time at Ibrox? This is absolutely sickening for the fans, forget about 10IAR. Rangers aren't even being challenged, scoring goals for fun and not conceding, brimming with confidence and doing well in Europe. Polar opposite of Celtic. There are no excuses. I can't see how things can be turned around with the current management in place. Also you can't blame the players. If they're being unprofessional, it's up to the manager to send them to the reserves. Not keep f**king playing them. If they're forming cliques - again that's on management. It just stinks of incompetence at this stage.

clarshack

Lennon's job is safe for now. You couldn't make it up ffs.

straightred

Quote from: clarshack on December 07, 2020, 01:48:48 PM

Its shocking. The security guard would do a better job than Lennon. If they aren't going to pay him off at least relieve him of his match day duties and pit Kennedy in charge. Anything, literally anything would be better than Lennon being in charge of this team for 1 minute longer.

clarshack

so the board have pretty much sacrificed the 10 in order for Neil Lennon to get last season's treble? which at the moment you would have to fancy Hearts to win anyway.

Applesisapples

Quote from: straightred on December 07, 2020, 01:56:02 PM

Its shocking. The security guard would do a better job than Lennon. If they aren't going to pay him off at least relieve him of his match day duties and pit Kennedy in charge. Anything, literally anything would be better than Lennon being in charge of this team for 1 minute longer.
I can't see where they've said this.

straightred

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 07, 2020, 03:00:56 PM
Quote from: straightred on December 07, 2020, 01:56:02 PM

I can't see where they've said this.
unless i've missed something he's still there. I'd love to be wrong!

Angelo

Quote from: clarshack on December 07, 2020, 02:03:20 PM
so the board have pretty much sacrificed the 10 in order for Neil Lennon to get last season's treble? which at the moment you would have to fancy Hearts to win anyway.

His cheerleaders will be over the moon. He should have been  after the Ferencvaros game before he was allowed torch the rest of the season.

MoChara

Celtic Full Board statement.

In light of the ongoing speculation regarding the position of our football manager, Neil Lennon, the Board of Celtic Football Club wishes to make clear its continuing support for Neil and his backroom team. 

The Board recognises and understands the importance of winning the league championship this season and that, as Neil himself has made clear, recent performances and results have been disappointing. The Board is committed to delivering success for Celtic supporters. 

The Board has carefully considered the current circumstances and the challenges that we are faced with, not least the pressure on the management and players to deliver the tenth championship in a row that is so important to us all. Equally important is to continue to operate according to our Club's values. The Board has come to the conclusion that our collective objective is best served by continuing to support Neil and his team as they seek solutions for those challenges.

Neil has the support of the players and staff at the Club. He understands the pressure and the environment. As his outstanding record as a manager, captain and player demonstrates, he knows what it takes to be successful at Celtic and he has delivered success with many of the current squad of players, who understand his method and approach. 

Whilst it has been suggested that it is time for a change, at this stage in the season the Board believes that Neil and his management team are best placed to turn the team's performances around and lead us on to success. The Board continues to work closely with Neil and his team to support them as they seek to do so and progress will be reviewed in the new year.

The Board wishes to take this opportunity to thank all Celtic supporters for their support during this challenging year. The response of the support to the challenges that we all face together has been magnificent. It is therefore important to make clear that the Board has never, as it has been inaccurately reported, referred to any Celtic supporter as 'entitled'.

The Board recognises the range of views expressed by our supporters and the strength of those opinions. Whilst there may not always be agreement, there is certainly a common goal – the success of Celtic Football Club – and we will continue to work together to seek to achieve that success.

Angelo