?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 08:33:52 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 29, 2020, 07:52:04 PM
Lennon has been involved in 10 league titles, 7 Scottish cups, 3 league cups and 1 euro final as either a player or manager. I want him to resign or be sacked with immediate effect but he doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. Disgraceful scenes tonight by so-called fans. I'd say Angela would be in his element if he was there.

He does deserve that treatment, 2 wins in 11 games.

He's got off very light in comparison to previous managers. His comments lately sum him up, it's always someone else's fault and fools like you buy that.
Am I f**k buying it. He needs gone. He's beyond the point of no return. 2 wins in 11 games is being generous. They've played absolutely shité, like a team of strangers thrown together and told to go out and run about like headless chickens. The buck stops with him. But behaving like Rangers fans in Manchester is not on. Disgraceful but of course you'd condone it

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on November 29, 2020, 08:56:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 29, 2020, 08:48:09 PM
A lot of Celtic fans feel like they've been taken for a ride, hence the angry scenes. What are they supposed to do? Just sit at home and say nothing?

They should say nice things about Neil Lennon, put their anger aside and have sympathy for him.
Don't get what you want = go act the sc**bag?? Very loyalist & Rangersey of you ::)

You seem surprised? It's nothing new and Lennon has got off very lightly when you compare it with the last two Celtic managers forced out of the job - Deila and Mowbray. Have you a short memory? It's nothing new for Celtic, it's a highly pressurised and demanding job and if the results aren't coming in you're going to get it hard from the fans.

When we lost 4-0 to St Mirren under Mowbray do you remember the reaction?

When Deila's side got knocked out of the cup do you remember the reaction?

This situation we find ourselves in now is much worse and more prolonged than either and the reaction is mild in comparison. The main difference is that the board have been far to slow to react in this case.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

I do remember it, i don't remember the scumbaggery outside Parkhead funny enough, I also remember the 90s as well, don't remember Matt McGlone rioting outside Parkhead either funny enough.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM
A lot of Celtic fans feel like they've been taken for a ride, hence the angry scenes. What are they supposed to do? Just sit at home and say nothing?

They should say nice things about Neil Lennon, put their anger aside and have sympathy for him.
Don't get what you want = go act the sc**bag?? Very loyalist & Rangersey of you ::)

You seem surprised? It's nothing new and Lennon has got off very lightly when you compare it with the last two Celtic managers forced out of the job - Deila and Mowbray. Have you a short memory? It's nothing new for Celtic, it's a highly pressurised and demanding job and if the results aren't coming in you're going to get it hard from the fans.

This situation we find ourselves in now is much worse and more prolonged than either and the reaction is mild in comparison. The main difference is that the board have been far to slow to react in this case.

If it happened before does that make it ok then?

paddyjohn

Quote from: illdecide on November 29, 2020, 08:44:22 PM
All i can say is  if you condone this behaviour and think gathering in a pandemic, wrecking fences, almost causing a riot and chanting "Get to F**k" It says more about you as a person and you would not have been out of place there this evening...Good luck to you. I bet you're the type to be in the Irish bars abroad when Celtic played in Europe pissed outta your head singing rebel songs ready to free Ireland.

I bet you I'm not...

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on November 29, 2020, 09:10:33 PM
I do remember it, i don't remember the scumbaggery outside Parkhead funny enough, I also remember the 90s as well, don't remember Matt McGlone rioting outside Parkhead either funny enough.

Fans queued up and waited for the team bus to return to Celtic Park after the cup defeat to Rangers and hurled abuse at the manager and team.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2020, 09:11:46 PM

It's football. It will happen again too. That's the way it has always been at Celtic. You may not like it but it's nothing new so I'm surprised people are so surprised by it.

A sacking has never been as overdue as this one has in a season that history can be made.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 09:18:11 PM

It's football. It will happen again too. That's the way it has always been at Celtic. You may not like it but it's nothing new so I'm surprised people are so surprised by it.

A sacking has never been as overdue as this one has in a season that history can be made.

But does that make it ok?

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2020, 09:32:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 09:18:11 PM

But does that make it ok?

Ok or not is another debate. I don't know how a Celtic fan could be surprised at this, it was inevitable.

Not the way I'd behave but it's the norm that something like this will happen at Celtic in this type of situation. We've seen it before.

pbat

I think if its long past time Lennon was gone, but if I Celtic Board tonight I would be looking out the window of Parkhead and say we are not bowing to this rabble. You can protest with a level of dignity and respect to both the Club and to what Lennon has done for Celtic down the years.

Angelo

Quote from: pbat on November 29, 2020, 09:39:34 PM
I think if its long past time Lennon was gone, but if I Celtic Board tonight I would be looking out the window of Parkhead and say we are not bowing to this rabble. You can protest with a level of dignity and respect to both the Club and to what Lennon has done for Celtic down the years.

What respect has Lennon and the board shown the fans the past few months?

It's a two way street, it should not have come to this but here we are. The Celtic fans should not be doing what they are but Lennon should have done the honourable thing and resigned after the Sparta game and if he wasn't going to do it the board should have.

pbat

Its on the board to get rid of Lennon, name me a manager anywhere who has quit because of bad results?

Main Street

Quote from: pbat on November 29, 2020, 09:46:45 PM
Its on the board to get rid of Lennon, name me a manager anywhere who has quit because of bad results?
Keegan, Woy.  Just off the top of my head.

general_lee

Still up to the board. They hired Lennon. They've been afraid to take action so far. The so-called "fans" are a disgrace

Angelo

Quote from: pbat on November 29, 2020, 09:46:45 PM

Gary Holy resigned from Livingston this week.