?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: smelmoth on August 30, 2020, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on August 30, 2020, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on August 29, 2020, 08:35:01 PM
Will ye never learn not to engage the trolls lads. Armchair fans of English clubs. Let them get on with it. They only come on here when Celtic are getting it rough. Ignore them ffs.

My post re CL final. That is trolling. I'll admit it. I posted it to get a reaction.

Put there are a lot of points in other posts that people may want to dismiss as being trolling but that won't stop the points being valid (and the answers absent).

My big point is that Scottish football is rubbish and winning it is of little significance. When Celtic win 10 in a row there will be a bit of parochial noise but the world of serious football won't pay much heed. And the season after that, Celtic's Spinal Tap Season will be of the same limited significance.

Celtic (and if there is such a thing as a properly run Rangers) have completely outgrown other Scottish sides but their playing significance is still limited by the confines of the rubbish league within which they operate

What's the world of serious football? Finishing 9th in the EPL?

The teams that finish 9th in England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy are playing in a serious league. Hamilton Academicals are not. Some of the leagues in S America would certainly be considered serious. The quality in Turkey, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Russia, Netherlands, Ukraine amongst others would still be away above Scotland. If you spent your time watching those leagues instead of Scotland you would be watching a much higher standard. And also a much better quality of competition. It's one bald man and a comb in Scotland. I don't particularly rate Lennon as a manager but it's no exaggeration to say that it is impossible for him not to win the league this year. It's not rigged. Just shit

Why would the leagues in Turkey, Greece, Belgium, Russia, and Ukraine be considered above Scotland?

It seems you are just going on a bizzare rant about Scottish football.

I don't see the draw in finishing 9th in the EPL.

Bar the absolute freak occurrence of Leicester City, the teams in the EPL outside the top 5/6 are there simply to make up the numbers, its why despite all the money these clubs (outside the top 6) spend they do terribly in the Europa League. The only reason a player would go to West Ham or Everton over Celtic is money.

With Celtic there is the potential to win trophies, play European football and the history and allure of a packed Celtic Park for a big game. I don't see what Everton at home to Southampton in R32 of the league and both sides destined for mid table safety would do for anyone.

Bayern are currently after doing 8IAR in Germany, Juve 9IAR in Italy.

Barca and Real have shared 17 of the past 20 La Liga titles.

I don't think you are capable of making a coherent point with facts here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Christie up front again today with 2 strikers on the bench.

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 01:55:24 PM
Will ye never learn not to engage the trolls lads. Armchair fans of English clubs. Let them get on with it. They only come on here when Celtic are getting it rough. Ignore them ffs.

My post re CL final. That is trolling. I'll admit it. I posted it to get a reaction.

Put there are a lot of points in other posts that people may want to dismiss as being trolling but that won't stop the points being valid (and the answers absent).

My big point is that Scottish football is rubbish and winning it is of little significance. When Celtic win 10 in a row there will be a bit of parochial noise but the world of serious football won't pay much heed. And the season after that, Celtic's Spinal Tap Season will be of the same limited significance.

Celtic (and if there is such a thing as a properly run Rangers) have completely outgrown other Scottish sides but their playing significance is still limited by the confines of the rubbish league within which they operate

The teams that finish 9th in England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy are playing in a serious league. Hamilton Academicals are not. Some of the leagues in S America would certainly be considered serious. The quality in Turkey, Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Russia, Netherlands, Ukraine amongst others would still be away above Scotland. If you spent your time watching those leagues instead of Scotland you would be watching a much higher standard. And also a much better quality of competition. It's one bald man and a comb in Scotland. I don't particularly rate Lennon as a manager but it's no exaggeration to say that it is impossible for him not to win the league this year. It's not rigged. Just shit

Why would the leagues in Turkey, Greece, Belgium, Russia, and Ukraine be considered above Scotland?

Bar the absolute freak occurrence of Leicester City, the teams in the EPL outside the top 5/6 are there simply to make up the numbers, its why despite all the money these clubs (outside the top 6) spend they do terribly in the Europa League. The only reason a player would go to West Ham or Everton over Celtic is money.

With Celtic there is the potential to win trophies, play European football and the history and allure of a packed Celtic Park for a big game. I don't see what Everton at home to Southampton in R32 of the league and both sides destined for mid table safety would do for anyone.

The draw for players in the EPL is big salaries and the opportunity to play with & against some of the best footballers in the world.

The opportunity to win the SPL is not important to players joining Celtic from Europe. 10 in a row means alot to the fans but for international players it's of little interest. They're joining to put themselves in the shop window for bigger European clubs/leagues and hopefully for them get a move to a bigger European side after a few years.

Celtic certainly can't offer wages/weather for prospective players and nowadays they can't even offer CL football to attract signings. That's why top footballers around the world won't sign for Celtic despite your absurd belief in the draw of playing for Celtic, the standard of the SPL and the dream of winning league titles/trophies. The chance to play sides like Ross County 4 times a year in front of a few thousand on cold Sat afternoons is more likely to deter signings than encourage them to sign.

Targetman

Lennon being stubborn, Lennon being loyal or Lennon being feckin clueless?

smelmoth

Those leagues would be considered above Scotland because the quality is better as seen in European results of the current era. And apart from possibly Ukraine they are much more competitive. Motherwell can finish 3rd in Scotland on a tiny budget and an average gate of 5.5k after it has been inflated by home games against the auld firm. Meanwhile Besiktas can finish 3rd in Turkey and well ahead of Fenerbache and Galatasaray because the league is actually competitive.

Antwerp, Liege, Anderlect and Gene can all finish below 3rd in Belgium for the same reason. AEK Athens 3rd in Greece ahead of Panathinaikos for the same reason.

Celtic don't offer the chance of silverware and European football. They offer the CERTAINTY of silverware and European football.

Nobody can rule out the draw of money but it is absolutely certain that say Richarlison at Everton is playing at a higher level when against Leicester or Wolves than he is against  Hamilton or Ross County.

If he knocks in 15 or 20 goals in EPL he becomes of interest to the really big clubs. Knocking in 15 or 20 against the likes of St Mirren and he would unlikely to get much more than a "aren't you the boy".

You gotta look at who the league winners are playing against and who they are competing against. Scottish football is extremely weak. And Celtic's ability to progress within  Scottish football is almost zero.

smelmoth

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2x_DI7tzNQ

Some people might think winning a weak league is more important than testing yourself in a stronger lead but they end up looking like and progressing like this guy

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2020, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 30, 2020, 01:55:24 PM

The draw for players in the EPL is big salaries and the opportunity to play with & against some of the best footballers in the world.

The opportunity to win the SPL is not important to players joining Celtic from Europe. 10 in a row means alot to the fans but for international players it's of little interest. They're joining to put themselves in the shop window for bigger European clubs/leagues and hopefully for them get a move to a bigger European side after a few years.

Celtic certainly can't offer wages/weather for prospective players and nowadays they can't even offer CL football to attract signings. That's why top footballers around the world won't sign for Celtic despite your absurd belief in the draw of playing for Celtic, the standard of the SPL and the dream of winning league titles/trophies. The chance to play sides like Ross County 4 times a year in front of a few thousand on cold Sat afternoons is more likely to deter signings than encourage them to sign.

That might be the case for the top 5/6 teams but what's the incentive to play for an Everton or West Ham? It's purely just money - if you asked someone like Paolo Di Canio, Chris Sutton, John Hartson, Pierre Van Hooijdonk or any other player who has played for Celtic and mid table EPL clubs who the bigger club was - there would be absolutely no doubt that Celtic would be the answer every time.

Money is the only reason why you would go to the EPL to fight it out for a mid table finish. The opportunity is there with Celtic to play CL football every year, to win silverware every year, to have a pressure to win every game and enter the final rounds of the season in a title race, to play in front a passionate fanbase rather than a prawn sandwich brigade. But money talks, that's the only way an Everton or West Ham are going to attract a player to them.

Angelo

Quote from: smelmoth on August 30, 2020, 03:26:13 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2x_DI7tzNQ

Some people might think winning a weak league is more important than testing yourself in a stronger lead but they end up looking like and progressing like this guy

Look at some of the guys at West Ham and Everton, guys earning 100k a week and they couldn't give a toss. Guys like Felipe Anderson, Andre Gomes etc are only there for a payday and are solely going through the motions. Do you actually honestly believe these guys are there to test themselves at the highest level?

Are you really that naive?

illdecide

Job done today...Celtic played a bit better, even James Forrest had a decent game. You could see his frustration after scoring as he doesn't normally react like that so he probably realised himself he hadn't been playing well so to get his goal will do him the world of good and his general play was good. The difference in the second half playing with a centre forward and Frimpong in at RB was so much better.
Leigh Griffiths starts back training tomorrow and Edouard will be fit after International break so hopefully things will be up another notch in a few weeks...There's only one Neil Lennon...one Neil Lennon :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

ned

Quote from: illdecide on August 30, 2020, 05:14:05 PM
Job done today...Celtic played a bit better, even James Forrest had a decent game. You could see his frustration after scoring as he doesn't normally react like that so he probably realised himself he hadn't been playing well so to get his goal will do him the world of good and his general play was good. The difference in the second half playing with a centre forward and Frimpong in at RB was so much better.
Leigh Griffiths starts back training tomorrow and Edouard will be fit after International break so hopefully things will be up another notch in a few weeks...There's only one Neil Lennon...one Neil Lennon :D

Looked comfortable but that should be the end of no striker starting. In fact I hope we go with two. Frimpong seems wasted as a right back.
Forrest finished well, and great reaction. A lot of frustration dissipated!

dublin7

Quote from: ned on August 30, 2020, 08:10:34 PM

Looked comfortable but that should be the end of no striker starting. In fact I hope we go with two. Frimpong seems wasted as a right back.
Who did Celtic beat?

It's easy for them to win every week against teams they've a far superior budget and they are expected to win.

They bet St Mireen or Ross County or some otheri key mouse team and everything is great!!

10 in a row is still on!!!  Yay Celtic, what a team, battering the like sof Ross County & Hamilton every week!! Players must be lining up to be a part of such a milestone!!!!

What a milestone to put on your CV😆

charlieTully

Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2020, 09:32:47 PM

Who did Celtic beat?

It's easy for them to win every week against teams they've a far superior budget and they are expected to win.

They bet St Mireen or Ross County or some otheri key mouse team and everything is great!!

10 in a row is still on!!!  Yay Celtic, what a team, battering the like sof Ross County & Hamilton every week!! Players must be lining up to be a part of such a milestone!!!!

A bit like Dublin eh?

dublin7

Indeed. Dubs players are amateurs despite what some f**k yards claim.

Celtic won today so yay!! They've a far superior budget to everyone else in the SPL so that's somehow considered an achievement. Anyone could manage that Celtic team to a league title. They've a far superior transfer budget and wage budget to everyone else.

To think they dominate Scottish league but can't beat a team from a weaker and less well financed league like the Hungarian league should be enough reason to sack the manager. Instead they criticse everyone else in some childish belief everyone is jealous of them.

illdecide

Quote from: dublin7 on August 30, 2020, 09:32:47 PM

Who did Celtic beat?

They beat Motherwell in case you didn't know
It's not easy for them to win every week as teams have 10 men constantly behind the ball. (Compare Dublins budget to the rest of the Country) Whats your point?
What do you want Celtic to do? Tell the SPFL they don't want to play St Mirren because they're sh1te
Dublin are going for 6 in a row this year and with they're massive budget they have over the rest of the Counties i'm sure it's a shitty milestone to do?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch