Main Street

Quote from: straightred on July 06, 2017, 02:02:18 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 06, 2017, 11:14:14 AM
Quote from: straightred on July 06, 2017, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 06, 2017, 02:14:25 AM
Quote from: under the bar on July 05, 2017, 11:24:19 PM
Celtic expect Rangers' EBT 'sporting advantage' review
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40510207

Can't see how anyone could expect the biased SPFL to do anything but uphold the "no competitive advantage was gained" line in favour of Rangers, but how come UEFA aren't the adjudicating body in all of this?
Why do you think the point of Celtic's statement is to expect a different outcome from the SPL?
Considering that since the  bizarre - "no competitive advantage was gained"  from the financial doping judgement-  there have been 2 court decisions which have swung the other way against old Rangers, it's Celtic's  prerogative to expect a review of the original decision in the light of a changed (illegal) context and to again reiterate their considered opposition about the original decision.
Sometimes it's okay when there's a perceived injustice, to highlight  some years later,  'see, we were right, we knew then and we know now, you fcked up with your no competitive advantage was gained judgement'.

They dont want to tackle the problem as it will bring out the very worst in rangers. However the very basis of Lord Nimo Smith's judgement was blown out of the water yesterday so they may not have any choice but to look at it again. Lets see will other clubs get involved. For me the fairest outcome is to strip the trophies but don't award them to anyone else.
The very basis of the judgement was "no competitive advantage was gained from the financial doping".
They didn't state that it could not be proven beyond doubt that Rangers gained an advantage. Instead they emphatically stated as a provable truth beyond doubt, an indisputable truth, that Rangers gained no benefit. That's what I find bizarre.

In the light of this supreme court judgement, I don't know what rules old Rangers could be charged with and the penalties for breaching them.
On it's own, gaining competitive advantage is a very difficult thing to prove beyond doubt, without any specific rule being in place.
It's more simple in sports with use of banned substance to enhance performance, the investigation team don't have to look for proof that the substance benefited the athlete because the substance is already on a banned list. The only evidence needed is enough to prove that the sportsperson had it present in their system.

Stripping of titles won by  athletes found guilty of substance abuse is a more recent development but somehow it could be applied retrospectively
They won the league on the last day of the 2002/3 season by beating dunfirmline 6-1. 5 of those 6 goals were scored by players on EBTs, i.e. players that wouldn't have been there except for the financial doping. This is as clear cut case as you'll ever see
That's just your opinion and an opinion is not evidence.
The only way to get at Rangers' 4 titles is to have in place clear rules outlawing secret (non tax compliant) schemes to pay players' wages along with a list of the possible punishments and apply it retrospectively.

bogball88

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Linfield-Football-Club-tickets/artist/2255873
Linfield Celtic tickets on sale on Ticketmaster tomorrow 10am for those interested in going

under the bar

Targetman

I see we put 9 past Shamrock Rovers and Linfield lost 4-1 to the wee Huns, should be a formality on Friday, any hoops going undercover!!

Hectic

Quote from: under the bar on July 08, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-big-tax-case-club-1872-threaten-legal-challenge-if-celtic-benefit-1-4498448

Seems like the brown stuff has started running down the legs of some Rangers supporters groups....  :o

Saw that alright. Hilariously deranged. Cornered rat springs to mind.

Hectic

Quote from: Targetman on July 08, 2017, 05:45:30 PM
I see we put 9 past Shamrock Rovers and Linfield lost 4-1 to the wee Huns, should be a formality on Friday, any hoops going undercover!!

Aye gave them a fair auld spankin. Would say Linfield will get more of the same treatment.

lenny

Quote from: Targetman on July 08, 2017, 05:45:30 PM

Interesting that as TF reckons Dundalk and other league of ireland sides are as good as Celtic.

Targetman

No doubt there'll be some excuse for Rovers conceding 9, probably played their minors!! Scott Brown went of with a foot injury, hope its not serious as the Linfield ones would be devastated if he didn't play on Friday

ned

Quote from: Targetman on July 08, 2017, 07:53:58 PM
No doubt there'll be some excuse for Rovers conceding 9, probably played their minors!! Scott Brown went of with a foot injury, hope its not serious as the Linfield ones would be devastated if he didn't play on Friday

Wasn't a Rovers first 11 but good shooting in practice. Hopefully get 10 against linfield.

T Fearon

A few points.Rovers first eleven was resting less than 48 hours after winning a Europa League qualifier.

Celtic played their full strength team ahead of their first competitive game of the season this Friday.

I never said the League of Ireland had teams that could compete with Celtic over the season. I did say the League of Ireland has teams that compare favourably with the other dross teams in the SPFL,and this was further proven in the last week when Rangers and St Johnstone were unceremoniously knocked out of the Europa League while Shamrock Rovers and Cork City progressed. Yet many think a manager on £45k a week should be hoisted towards immortality because he managed to avoid defeat by dross SPFL teams for a whole season😥😥

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on July 09, 2017, 12:08:50 AM
A few points.Rovers first eleven was resting less than 48 hours after winning a Europa League qualifier.

Celtic played their full strength team ahead of their first competitive game of the season this Friday.

I never said the League of Ireland had teams that could compete with Celtic over the season. I did say the League of Ireland has teams that compare favourably with the other dross teams in the SPFL,and this was further proven in the last week when Rangers and St Johnstone were unceremoniously knocked out of the Europa League while Shamrock Rovers and Cork City progressed. Yet many think a manager on £45k a week should be hoisted towards immortality because he managed to avoid defeat by dross SPFL teams for a whole season😥😥

Tony why dont you quit while you are behind. (
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

The PSNI said that Celtic chose not to take up their ticket allocation. Celtic deny this. Who is right?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on July 13, 2017, 08:21:00 PM
The PSNI said that Celtic chose not to take up their ticket allocation. Celtic deny this. Who is right?
The pope is infallible.

Big "catholic" team coming into Windsor Park and beating the local Protestants . It won't be my little pony. Celtic are probably right to want to avoid trouble. 

Prod nationalism is a joke anyway in a globalised world. Scottish Provident was an insurance company who for years only employed Protestants. Their first catholic employee was taken on in the early 90s. a few years later they were bought by a Spanish company. 

Hectic

Well any of you guys heading to the game this evening?

I had thought about it but have decided against and will settle for the armchair view.

Just too much potential for knuckle draggers to be there to specifically hunt out any Celtic fan in attendance.

Main Street