Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

yellowcard

I see Rodgers has brought his son in and played him with the first team a few days ago. Probably just to give him an opportunity to put him in the shop window as he is out of contract. I imagine if he though he was good enough he would be signing him himself.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2017, 11:43:18 AM
I see Rodgers has brought his son in and played him with the first team a few days ago. Probably just to give him an opportunity to put him in the shop window as he is out of contract. I imagine if he though he was good enough he would be signing him himself.

Zidane did the same I see.  Can't blame any dad giving his son a leg up.  If I was manager of Celtic my son would be on a 5 year contract even if he had 2 left feet!  ;D

NAG1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 30, 2017, 12:11:57 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2017, 11:43:18 AM

Zidane did the sane I see.  Can't blame any dad giving his son a leg up.  If I was manager of Celtic my son would be on a 5 year contract even if he had 2 left feet!  ;D

And he has also left Real under his father's reign now too

illdecide

Jasus lads he's giving him a bit of training and a few mins on the pitch...suits BR as he'd a few injured and suited Anton as he's looking for another club and the extra fitness and match sharpness will hopefully see him get a contract in England. Win win for both.

Anyway was checking tickets for Lyon game there (assuming it's on season booklets) as there are hardly any tickets available and it's only been just announced. Think it could be tight getting public sale tickets this season, the way forward is prob going halfers with a mate and buying a season ticket between ya's
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

This is outrageous.Pre season is a time for preparing your players and squad for the season ahead,not to abuse your position by punting your son.Im sure some of the younger Celtic players are unhappy to say the least,that they are not getting a bit of game time just to accommodate Anton Rodgers quest for a club.😡

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on June 30, 2017, 01:46:31 PM
This is outrageous.Pre season is a time for preparing your players and squad for the season ahead,not to abuse your position by punting your son.Im sure some of the younger Celtic players are unhappy to say the least,that they are not getting a bit of game time just to accommodate Anton Rodgers quest for a club.😡

He played really well in our first friendly. If he continues to do well he could turn out to be a good and cheap acquisition and addition to the squad.

clarshack

and here's me thinking nepotism only happens in Tyrone GAA circles   ;D

yellowcard

There is no doubt he is getting a leg up from his old man but I doubt if it will interrupt pre season preparations in the slightest. Those pre season games are nothing more than trying to get players match fit. I don't even see him signing, I would have thought it more likely it's just to keep him fit in the hope that another club might pick him up. Given the level he has played at before I doubt very much if he would be good enough for Celtic.

illdecide

People condemning the lad that don't know anything about him nor ever seen him playing...Although it doesn't surprise me
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

There is nothing outrageous about it at all

T Fearon

There is.Non Celtic players should not be featuring in Celtic's pre season games at the expense of another Celtic player.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2017, 06:33:15 AM
There is.Non Celtic players should not be featuring in Celtic's pre season games at the expense of another Celtic player.

Nothing outrageous at all. It's not the first  time a non celtic player will have featured not will it be the last.
He was there to train and get fit which is fair enough. He only played in the game because a couple of other players were injured.

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on June 30, 2017, 03:03:33 PM
People condemning the lad that don't know anything about him nor ever seen him playing...Although it doesn't surprise me
Correct, but are you surprised given the individual concerned? Any dad would give his son a chance, it has happened numerous times, Cryuff, Zidane, Bruce to name a few. If BR's bosses don't mind which I'd say they mustn't have then whats the harm.

stew

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2017, 09:06:49 AM
Correct, but are you surprised given the individual concerned? Any dad would give his son a chance, it has happened numerous times, Cryuff, Zidane, Bruce to name a few. If BR's bosses don't mind which I'd say they mustn't have then whats the harm.

He is not a celtic player, what if he got badly injured? And I think it is really unprofessional of Celtic to let this happen, just an opinion.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tonto1888

Quote from: stew on July 01, 2017, 08:13:29 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 01, 2017, 09:06:49 AM

He is not a celtic player, what if he got badly injured? And I think it is really unprofessional of Celtic to let this happen, just an opinion.

Lots of teams do not t in preseason. You often see A Trialist lining out for clubs at this time of year