Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 28, 2017, 03:48:16 PM
Quote from: michaelg on June 28, 2017, 12:59:26 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 28, 2017, 07:40:27 AM
Quote from: michaelg on June 27, 2017, 09:53:54 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 27, 2017, 02:14:36 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 27, 2017, 01:21:52 PM
Did I miss the fines for sectarian chanting/banners?
When the FA and IFA  got done for the poppy celebration last year, did you accuse them of  behaving in a sectarian manner with sectarian celebrations and sectarian symbols etc? you probably didn't. Celtic were charged under the same offence, singing illicit songs and displaying illicit banners of a political nature not allowed by Uefa. The 'boys of the old brigade' is not a sectarian song, it is perceived to be a political song, displaying a  banner with the images of Bobby Sands and William Wallace  are not a sectarian act but a political action, flying a Palestinian flag is a political gesture, not a sectarian gesture. Singing some republican folk songs are regards as political by Uefa, not sectarian.

Sectarian chanting is what Rangers Fc got done for , racist behavior is what Croatia FA got done for, illicit banners, political songs are  what Celtic got done for.
Hate to break it to you, but Bobby Sands was in an organisation that carried out sectarian murders.

Stop digging. Celtic haven't been done for sectarian chanting as you said they were
Not digging at all.  Just highliting the fact that portraying Celtic fans as lily-white innocents is absurd.

you said Celtic fans were done for sectarian chanting and have tried to rationalise that point a few times. I don't know anyone who thinks Celtic fans are whiter than white. However, compared to fans of certain other teams we sure are
Nobody had denied that Celtic haven't paid their fair share of Uefa fines but michaelg's toxic "add-on" was that Celtic have paid their fair share of  fines due to being found guilty of sectarian charges by Uefa.
michaelg claimed
"You can't deny that Celtic have had their fair share of Uefa fines for sectarian chanting / banners over the years"

Michaelg then attempted to justify his absurd claim by misinforming the board with toxic information based on his shoddy research
"A quick Google search shows that there were UEFA fines for sectarian chanting in 2008 and 2011. 2 times in the last 10 years, would be a fair share in my book."

After being informed that Celtic have not been charged or fined by Uefa for sectarian actions
he then skunks off to change the goalposts, he now claims that his cause is
"highliting the fact that portraying Celtic fans as lily-white innocents is absurd."

Firstly, nobody had portrayed Celtic fans as lily-white innocents and michaelg's entire contribution to this discussion has been filled to the brim with untruths and ignorance.

Hectic

Sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open you mouth (or in machaelg's case type) and be proven one.

ashman

Linfield 0-0 ;  The NI teams have a shit record in Europe and don't put too much emphasis on it .

Hectic

Got a late winner, should be enough to see them through. Leaving all the hype aside will be the equivalent to Celtic reaching the Champions League the cash boost Linfield will get from playing Celtic.

Come to think of it what financial rewards did Cliftonville get from meeting Celtic a few years ago and what did they do with it if it was in the mark that Linfield are estimated to earn.

imtommygunn

Would cliftonville not be in debt though? I would say most irish league clubs bar linfield struggle financially.

T Fearon

If any club shouldn't be in debt it's Cliftonville,with the European Draw against  Celtic then selling Boyce and Gormley. However the wages are large (in comparison with gates) and I'd imagine that the money would quickly be spent on wages.

I read somewhere that Healy and Feeney before him couldn't compete with the likes of Crusaders for players in terms of wages.This is because they hadn't won the league in five years and had no access to relatively large European money as a consequence.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on June 29, 2017, 12:33:25 AM
If any club shouldn't be in debt it's Cliftonville,with the European Draw against  Celtic then selling Boyce and Gormley. However the wages are large (in comparison with gates) and I'd imagine that the money would quickly be spent on wages.

I read somewhere that Healy and Feeney before him couldn't compete with the likes of Crusaders for players in terms of wages.This is because they hadn't won the league in five years and had no access to relatively large European money as a consequence.

Who did Gormley go to?

Hectic

Went to Peterborough but I think he is back with the reds for next season.

Applesisapples

That anyone in the Irish league would be paid is bizarre given the standard.

illdecide

Guys do you think it's realistic to attend Celtic v Shamrock Rvs game next Sat (3:00pm kick off) and make it to Mullingar for Armagh game for 7:00 throw in? I know in normal circumstances it is but on match days and traffic is it realistic? (any of you guys know the craic getting out of Tallaght and back on M50 & normal traffic for a Sat evening)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

heffo

Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2017, 10:44:36 AM
Guys do you think it's realistic to attend Celtic v Shamrock Rvs game next Sat (3:00pm kick off) and make it to Mullingar for Armagh game for 7:00 throw in? I know in normal circumstances it is but on match days and traffic is it realistic? (any of you guys know the craic getting out of Tallaght and back on M50 & normal traffic for a Sat evening)

You'd be better off parking either at one the industrial units in Killanarden or at the Tallaght Leisure centre gym - the latter is on the outer ring road and you'll be straight out at Woodies at the N4 in no time - it's a handy spin to Mullingar from there.

yellowcard

I see Jimmy's winning matches is off to Chima as an assistant manager. Must have got some wedge for him to uproot and relocate himself out there but good luck to him I hope he does well. More training to groom himself as the next Celtic manager I reckon.

T Fearon

Sure he'll be in his 80s by the time Brendan leaves after winning 40 in a row

MoChara

Rodgers must see something in this 19-year-old Kundai Benyu hopefully its another Dembele