?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on May 01, 2017, 07:45:56 PM
Celtic as a club have done all that is humanly possible now to make the best of their circumstances.They have recruited an alleged top manager on a huge salary and backed him to the limit of their means  in the transfer market.There is now no excuse.They should be able to compete in the Champions League stages and this is the real challenge facing the manager next season,after a miserable Champions League campaign this season

The real challenge for you will be to stop stalking and trolling Arlene Foster on twitter, it's embarrassing to watch. Has she blocked you yet? Mute button has been hit for certain

illdecide

Rangers died several years ago, Sevco are no where near competing with Celtic in fact they have a long way to go just to compete with Aberdeen. I expect Hibs to battle it out with Sevco, & Aberdeen next season for the runners up spot.

Sevco should never be allowed to play in England as they're a new club and a more established club like Aberdeen would be more welcome and secondly the English could do without their thugs, racists and hooliganism.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Aberdeen would in all probability sink in England but a club like Celtic would eventually end up in the top 4 or 5 in the epl, they have the ethos and ambition to be the top dog,
Should that extremely unlikely scenario come to pass, Liverpool fans would have to cease and desist their chronic tendency to plagiarise Celtic anthems and songs.

T Fearon

The strength of the rest of the SPL can be seen in the Europa League qualification stages where no club   has reached the group stages unlike Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers. Hence why I am not willing to praise Brendan for domestic success.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 12:05:29 PM
The strength of the rest of the SPL can be seen in the Europa League qualification stagess where no club   has reached the group stages unlike Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers. Hence why I am not willing to praise Brenda for domestic success.

Brenda now? Have you changed that on your FB post also to Brenda?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

bennydorano

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 12:05:29 PM
The strength of the rest of the SPL can be seen in the Europa League qualification stages where no club   has reached the group stages unlike Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers. Hence why I am not willing to praise Brendan for domestic success.
Still willing to pollute the man for a photo. Hypocritical.

yellowcard

Unbelievable to think that Rodgers has surpassed all expectations in huis first season in charge yet some people simply cannot bring themselves to give him any credit. Getting into the group stages of the CL and winning the league title are the main 2 objectives each season and both have been ticked off this season. To be on the cusp of a domestic treble and and unbeaten season is the icing on the cake.   

T Fearon

I am not denying Brendan Rodgers has had an adequate season.I just do not see the point of going over the top about meeting minimum requirements.Next season's Champions League will be the test to see if he can produce serious contenders for the last 16.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 04:12:21 PM
I am not denying Brendan Rodgers has had an adequate season.I just do not see the point of going over the top about meeting minimum requirements.Next season's Champions League will be the test to see if he can produce serious contenders for the last 16.

Thats your be and end all? to be in the last 16? Hmmmm
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

When they get beat in europe will you complain about the resources he has while ignoring the fact pretty much any other team who gets to the last 16 has significantly more money at their disposal?

yellowcard

On what basis should Celtic be among the top 16 clubs in Europe? Celtic are shopping for English championship standard players and many would have them outside the top flight if they were in the English league. At least 20 clubs in England have wage bills that dwarf that of Celtic. Yet you think they should be in the top 16 clubs in Europe. Let's get realistic. Getting to the group stages is achievable but unless they strike it lucky with the draw it's unrealistic to expect anything other than being competitive. I think most rational fans realise this.

T Fearon

Only 4 English Premier League Clubs have an opportunity to reach the last 16 of the Champions League.In that regard Celtic have the advantage of being in the competition every year,unlike 16 EPL clubs.A wage bill disadvantage didn't stop Leicester from winning the EPL last year.Neither did a huge wage bill do much for Man City this year.I bet no one thought Monaco would reach this season's semi finals.

I believe with the right management Celtic should at least be competitive and challenge credibly for a last 16 place.Both Strachan and Lennon did it.The challenge for the highest paid manager in Celtic's history is to do it consistently.

imtommygunn

Monaco were seen as dark horses to win it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 07:13:49 PM
Only 4 English Premier League Clubs have an opportunity to reach the last 16 of the Champions League. It's nearly the same teams in the EPL every season.

In that regard Celtic have the advantage of being in the competition every year,unlike 16 EPL clubs.

A wage bill disadvantage didn't stop Leicester from winning the EPL  last year - in that case why aren't the other Scottish Clubs doing better?

Neither did a huge wage bill do much for Man City this year. Which backs up how well Celtic are doing. As you say money does not guarantee anything

I bet no one thought Monaco would reach this season's semi finals. I bet no one thought they'd be playing a Dormund team just after a terrorist attack.

I believe with the right management Celtic should at least be competitive and challenge credibly for a last 16 place.Both Strachan and Lennon did it.The challenge for the highest paid manager in Celtic's history is to do it consistently.