?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on February 15, 2017, 06:39:09 PM
Leicester City successfully challenged for the EPL title.I would be satisfied if Celtic could establish themselves as a credible consistent Champions League club.

Give it time Tony. This year the aim was the CL. We got it. Sure the group stage didn't go as olanned and we would all have liked some better results but Europe is gonna be a work in progress. I trust Rodgers to get it right on that front

Hectic

Yeah as things stand we are on an upward curve - lets hope this is just the bottom of the climb.

illdecide

CELTIC striker Nadir Ciftci has joined Polish top-flight side Pogon Szczecin on loan until the end of the season (June 9).
The 25-year-old, who joined the Hoops from Dundee United in July 2015, has played 26 times for the Hoops, scoring four times.
He has found himself behind Moussa Dembele and Leigh Griffiths in the pecking order this season which has limited his game-time to four substitute appearances.
Speaking to the media on Thursday, Brendan Rodgers praised Ciftci's professionalism as he explained the reasons behind Turk's loan move. The manager said: "It will be good for him to get some games. It's been difficult for him because of the form of the other strikers here.
"You have to give him massive credit because he's been totally professional. He's been a great guy to have around the squad, and I've given him some game-time lately as a reward for his hard work and endeavour.
"He's a striker and strikers want to play and score goals. This is a chance for him, between now and the end of the season, to get some games."
Everyone at Celtic wishes Nadir all the best for his time at Pogon Szczecin
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Another week another disgusting challenge on a Celtic player escapes a red card. I have no problem with teams wanting to get stuck in but the more referees excuse over the top challenges the more common an occurrence they will become. Kieran Tierney is a lucky boy that he did not get badly hurt today.

lenny

Quote from: Hectic on February 18, 2017, 07:56:13 PM
Another week another disgusting challenge on a Celtic player escapes a red card. I have no problem with teams wanting to get stuck in but the more referees excuse over the top challenges the more common an occurrence they will become. Kieran Tierney is a lucky boy that he did not get badly hurt today.

The run we are on is absolutely incredible given that most weeks we are up against 12 men. Some disgusting assaults have gone unpunished in the last few weeks though.

ONeill

It's a phenomenal run. No matter the quality of the other sides, Celtic are no world beaters either. You saw what happened in the English FA Cup today when you're not on your game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: lenny on February 18, 2017, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: Hectic on February 18, 2017, 07:56:13 PM

The run we are on is absolutely incredible given that most weeks we are up against 12 men. Some disgusting assaults have gone unpunished in the last few weeks though.
The motherwell player went for the ball but the studs up follow through caught Tierney.
I'd say it was a grade 1 reckless challenge, red card.  Tierney had to use up one of his lives with that one.

I see McDonald still dives ......  at his age ;D  his best dive ever was to win that free kick v Man U which Nakamura brilliantly converted.

Hectic

T Fearon

I see Brendan wants a new pitch.Maybe he'll be able to attract one from England or the continent during the summer.

The current domestic  run should be what is minimally expected from an extremely well paid manager and a squad whose combined transfer fees and wage bill dwarves the rest of its domestic opponents combined.

Hectic

Targetman

If Brendan wants a new pitch he gets a new pitch, move on!!

T Fearon

He'll probably get a pitch on loan from Man City

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on February 19, 2017, 12:05:16 PM
I'm not so sure he even went for the ball. Saw a few pictures there:
http://videocelts.com/2017/02/blogs/latest-news/horror-picture-of-bowmans-attack-on-tierney/
Those horror pictures just tell what happened after the contact was made and claims are made re intent.

There's a video here of the tackle
http://videocelts.com/2017/02/blogs/latest-news/ryan-bowmans-shocking-tackle-on-kieran-tierney/
Boman made contact with the ball first, the ball was in the air coming down.
That link you sent claimed Bowman had malicious intent, I'd say it was just reckless endangerment, still a red card.
There is a good bit of doubt regards his intentions.

Ex Celt Johansen made a similar high studs up challenge for the ball today,  studs made contact with the thigh of the Spurs player and hurt him a bit, the ref just gave a foul against Johansen.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2017, 05:49:41 PM
Quote from: Hectic on February 19, 2017, 12:05:16 PM
I'm not so sure he even went for the ball. Saw a few pictures there:
http://videocelts.com/2017/02/blogs/latest-news/horror-picture-of-bowmans-attack-on-tierney/
Those horror pictures just tell what happened after the contact was made and claims are made re intent.

There's a video here of the tackle
http://videocelts.com/2017/02/blogs/latest-news/ryan-bowmans-shocking-tackle-on-kieran-tierney/
Boman made contact with the ball first, the ball was in the air coming down.
That link you sent claimed Bowman had malicious intent, I'd say it was just reckless endangerment, still a red card.
There is a good bit of doubt regards his intentions.

Ex Celt Johansen made a similar high studs up challenge for the ball today,  studs made contact with the thigh of the Spurs player and hurt him a bit, the ref just gave a foul against Johansen.

You should be on the telly. You would do well with Dunphy and the other spoofers
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

illdecide

Just got confirmed there that i'm doing Kilmarnock game in early April in the control room, had hoped to be there for the Sevco game but it's too early and didn't suit Celtic.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch