?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Over the Bar

Quote from: T Fearon on January 31, 2017, 05:49:13 PM
If a fee of £40m is reeled in I will be expecting a fat dividend cheque later this year!

It won't and you'll be waiting a while.

JimStynes

lenny

Quote from: JimStynes on January 31, 2017, 07:40:08 PM
So he's not being sold then?

Great to see Celtic players being valued properly at last. Chelsea offering 40m for dembele and sunderland trying their luck with a 10m bid for Tierney.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: lenny on January 31, 2017, 07:43:43 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 31, 2017, 07:40:08 PM
So he's not being sold then?

Great to see Celtic players being valued properly at last.Chelsea offering 40m for dembeleand sunderland trying their luck with a 10m bid for Tierney.

When did Chelsea offer £40M?  Celtic saying they want £40M is not the same thing Lenny.

tonto1888

Thank god the transfer window is over. I hate it and the crap that comes with it

illdecide

A lot of speculation alright but no hard facts. Chelsea never tabled a bid for Dembele but were interested alright, Celtic valued him at £40m and if he has a good second half of the season he may well be sold for that but my feeling is Rodgers wants him for CL qualifiers. If Celtic fail to reach the group stages then I've no doubt Dembele and possibly 1 or 2 others will be shipped on for tidy sums.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Ultimately if Dembele was the difference in us qualifying for the Champions League next season and not doing so then £40m would be letting him go cheap. 

But the other side is when we signed him it was supposed to be on the basis of aiding his development by playing regularly in front of big houses with the expectation to win games and playing Champions League.  Had he been shipped out after a number of months that would have changed from us offering other potential Dembeles the chance to develop at our club to being a club that will use young potential for a very quick buck. 

Essentially had Dembele gone to Chelsea or another club of that ilk he would have been right back to last summer where he was looking at playing back up and cup games with such a move.

T Fearon

No English club will pay £40m for a striker plying his trade in the SPL ffs.If an offer comes in later in the summer for £10m Celtic should grab the money and run.

On a happy note I invested a modest few quid back in December on Celtic to win all of their remaining 18 league games at odds of 100/1.The best odds you could get on this bet last weekend was 28/1!

Orior

Well, if your county team is getting bate, or your english soccer team isn't cutting the mustard, there is always the magnificent Glasgow Celtic team.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

That ref tonight was a joke...Aberdeen kicked us all over the park and got feck all but every time a Celtic player done something he was blew up for it right away. The guy commenting on Celtic TV was raging with him too, said he was the most biased Ref he has seen...seems to be happening far to often...need a few Catholic neutral refs in Scotland.

straightred

Quote from: illdecide on February 01, 2017, 10:02:08 PM
That ref tonight was a joke...Aberdeen kicked us all over the park and got feck all but every time a Celtic player done something he was blew up for it right away. The guy commenting on Celtic TV was raging with him too, said he was the most biased Ref he has seen...seems to be happening far to often...need a few Catholic neutral refs in Scotland.

plenty of truth in this but to be fair the commentators are seriously biased. Almost as bad as the lads on Northern Sound for Monaghan games. Played some good stuff tonight again. Sinclair again was the standout. Had a great chance in the nd half that came off the bar. On another note sevco really are muck. We could put 7 or 8 past them in march

From the Bunker

The Rangers game on 12th of March could be the Title clinching game. And the way things are going it could happen even before that.

This record will not doubt be beaten this year!

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=2345759.html

Hectic

I think it will be more likely that they will have to form a guard of honour to applaud the champions onto the park.

straightred

Quote from: Hectic on February 03, 2017, 08:50:17 AM
I think it will be more likely that they will have to form a guard of honour to applaud the champions onto the park.

Will they be even solvent by then ?

No sign of the 30m that their latest saviour, the Lying King, promised. They must be the most gullible fans in the world.

illdecide

Quote from: straightred on February 03, 2017, 11:02:05 AM
Quote from: Hectic on February 03, 2017, 08:50:17 AM

Will they be even solvent by then ?

No sign of the 30m that their latest saviour, the Lying King, promised. They must be the most gullible fans in the world.

I agree...I think unless a mystery person comes in with major investment then Sevco are in serious trouble but who's prepared to do that when they're still losing close to half a million every month