Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

well to be fair Izzy did make up for it in his last 60 mins. I'd agree with listing.  decent player and wholehearted like Izzy... but while good going forward...can often get caught defensively. think his issue is he is too tall and no longer has the speed of youth for full back position.

I think once Rodgers has finished his 10 in a row... he can retire to a lesser job...an easier job in the epl or wherever... spurs or whoever offers big bucks.
he def can get a team playing great football alright.  doing it on a shoestring budget too is commendable.  could be brought back to Chelsea once he leaves celtic

bannside

What price this double within one calendar year. Rodgers to become manager of Spurs and Mc Kay of Rangers becomes a hoop?

uimhr ocht

Long odds im pretty sure the huns wouldnt sell him to celtic but if 1million and half 2 bid came in he could depart to england,rodgers will stay another season at least.Rangers dont have the big investment now to buy 2 mill 3 mill players although someone financed garner transfer 1.8 mill and hes scored 3 goals lol.

T Fearon

I think Spurs resounding away win today coupled with an equally convincing win away to Southampton earlier in the week shows we are a top four club well beyond Brendan's reach.Alas he faces a similar situation to David Moyes in England,sadly a guy who had a crack at a big job but blew it.

In any event,Celtic should be a better proposition than a mid table EPL side,with guaranteed trophies and CL football every year.My only fear would be complacency setting in with Lawwell and Desmond,with the fans happy and the purse strings tightened again.

He might be a contender for the England team  job though in a couple of years.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2017, 07:51:11 PM
I think Spurs resounding away win today coupled with an equally convincing win away to Southampton earlier in the week shows we are a top four club well beyond Brendan's reach.Alas he faces a similar situation to David Moyes in England,sadly a guy who had a crack at a big job but blew it.

In any event,Celtic should be a better proposition than a mid table EPL side,with guaranteed trophies and CL football every year.My only fear would be complacency setting in with Lawwell and Desmond,with the fans happy and the purse strings tightened again.

Brendan is a top coach and has really improved the squad he inherited. He has really improved a number of individual players like armstrong, mcgregor and brown. He is also tactically excellent. Spurs aren't as big as united, city, arsenal, liverpool or chelsea. The reality is that they would be extremely lucky to get brendan in a few years time as I think he will have improved his reputation to a point where a huge job like united, barcelona or real will be next. Celtic are as big as those clubs but the league is very limiting.

clarshack

Thought Armstrong was superb yesterday and deserved a goal from one of his chances.

Itchy

Based on spurs bearing mighty Watford and Southampton I think it is 100% clear they should be considered one of the top 4 in the premier league if not the world.

Applesisapples

Realistically the hope for Celtic and Rangers has to be a European super league of some description.

Hectic

Quote from: lenny on January 01, 2017, 11:19:13 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2017, 07:51:11 PM

Brendan is a top coach and has really improved the squad he inherited. He has really improved a number of individual players like armstrong, mcgregor and brown. He is also tactically excellent. Spurs aren't as big as united, city, arsenal, liverpool or chelsea. The reality is that they would be extremely lucky to get brendan in a few years time as I think he will have improved his reputation to a point where a huge job like united, barcelona or real will be next. Celtic are as big as those clubs but the league is very limiting.

I would have thought that Spurs with their new stadium would be as big a club as most of those mentioned with the obvious exception being United while Liverpool have a massive worldwide following also but the like of Chelsea and City would not be bigger clubs and are operating off the back of a sugar daddy.  Arsenal are probably similar only with a lot more recent success.

Hectic

Little bit of trivia - when was the last time Celtic game from behind to win against either Sevco or Rangers excluding last Saturday?

ned

Quote from: Hectic on January 03, 2017, 11:39:57 AM
Little bit of trivia - when was the last time Celtic game from behind to win against either Sevco or Rangers excluding last Saturday?

1991ish, Brian O'Neill's last minute header?

Hectic

Quote from: ned on January 04, 2017, 07:44:02 AM
Quote from: Hectic on January 03, 2017, 11:39:57 AM

1991ish, Brian O'Neill's last minute header?

Not a bad stab at all - was 1993 but was indeed Brian O'Neills last minute winner.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/1993-10-30%3A+Rangers+1-2+Celtic,+Premier+Division

Hectic

Good work Tony, missed that when trawling back through. Fairly rare thing all the same.

illdecide

Def should stay another 12 months...for his own career and Celtic's. If he has another good start to next season (as mentioned) he'd def be sold for £35-£40 million. If selling him it wouldn't be a bad idea selling him to clubs like West Ham or Southampton etc with a good sell on clause...if he succeeds to the very top and is then sold on to a top club then we benefit again...£££££
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch