?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 07:13:32 PM
Celtic and Rangers need to bribe whoever needs to be bribed to get into the English league system if they want to be relevant again. Even if they had to start in the National Conference it would be worth it. The TV deals makes the EPL the biggest cash cow in world soccer. I think both Glasgow clubs could be European powers again if they get into a proper league.

Biggest as cow for sure but then the Chinese league is a big cash cow too. Not sure why it's suddenly popular to look down your nose at scotish soccer. Celtic were in a tough group in champions league and took points off done top teams and that despite being out of that level for a long time. Anyway Roscommon play in a top league too and they are still shite do your argument doesn't hold water.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on December 31, 2016, 07:52:03 PM
Celtic and Rangers need to bribe whoever needs to be bribed to get into the English league system if they want to be relevant again. Even if they had to start in the National Conference it would be worth it. The TV deals makes the EPL the biggest cash cow in world soccer. I think both Glasgow clubs could be European powers again if they get into a proper league.

Biggest as cow for sure but then the Chinese league is a big cash cow too. Not sure why it's suddenly popular to look down your nose at scotish soccer. Celtic were in a tough group in champions league and took points off done top teams and that despite being out of that level for a long time. Anyway Roscommon play in a top league too and they are still shite do your argument doesn't hold water.

Chinese league is driven by a desire to promote tourism and court prestige. The money in the EPL is sustainable. Chinese league may well be big in the decades to come but as of right now it just attracts past it players and mangers and ones who never really made it like Rameires and Oscar.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 07:55:17 PM

Chinese league is driven by a desire to promote tourism and court prestige. The money in the EPL is sustainable. Chinese league may well be big in the decades to come but as of right now it just attracts past it players and mangers and ones who never really made it like Rameires and Oscar.

premier league is not sustainable.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on December 31, 2016, 08:07:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 31, 2016, 07:55:17 PM

premier league is not sustainable.

The TV money is entirely sustainable.

uimhr ocht

Enjoyed the game today and result of course,for 30 mins we couldnt get going but dembelles goal settled the team and played really well the second half,should have won by more sinclair, armstrong,dembelle,all worthy contenders for men of the match.Forest wasnt great today maybe roberts could have been brought on earlier.I would rather have watched thet game today than teams like bournmouth,stoke,west brom,burnley,etc

5 Sams

Enjoyed that today...whats wrong with Rogic?? I was impressed with him anytime I saw him. Rangers played way above themselves as usual when up against the Celts.
The Aristocrat Years

illdecide

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 31, 2016, 08:26:18 PM
Enjoyed that today...whats wrong with Rogic?? I was impressed with him anytime I saw him. Rangers played way above themselves as usual when up against the Celts.

Injured...Should be fine by the time the 3 week winter break is over.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Celtic are 100/1 to win all 18 remaining league games.This should be a formality given their financial superiority and squad size,but as today showed,nothing can be taken for granted.Today's game didn't differ too much from last season's Scottish Cup semi final,where a clearly inferior Rangers team were allowed to stay in the game far too long,although it was not fatal today,also Ronny didn't have the luxury of a Dembele or Sinclair to dig him out of a hole.

Fact remains Celtic have struggled to beat an inferior Rangers side,by the minimum margin,in the last two games.

lynchbhoy

too easy for celts today.
linesmen giving a few incorrect offside decisions against the hoops kept sevco in the game.
the only worry was the lack of killer instinct in front of goals. that would have been fatal against a side in cl.
but the lads knew they could stuff sevco easily and did.
thought tge celts spare from the silly goal and one breakaway were nevery troubled. Tierney is ten times the player izzy is. lovely guy but izzy can't defend.he tried v hard today and credit to him.
I don't rate Dembele that highly but his second half perf is changing my mind. I'd still take 25 + million for him.
def need to get into the English league .
some fantastic passing today by Celtic in second gear. Rodgers doing a fantastic job. def far better to watch than most English premises league games.

T Fearon

Bit of a dilemma for Brendan Rodgers as well.I doubt he'll ever be offered a job with any of the EPL's top six clubs again or any sort of big job on the continent,therefore does he sacrifice guaranteed CL football every year for the likes of Swansea,Stoke or West Ham where he'll be fighting for mid table places every year and will win nothing?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2017, 01:41:36 AM
Bit of a dilemma for Brendan Rodgers as well.I doubt he'll ever be offered a job with any of the EPL's top six clubs again or any sort of big job on the continent,therefore does he sacrifice guaranteed CL football every year for the likes of Swansea,Stoke or West Ham where he'll be fighting for mid table places every year and will win nothing?

When Brendan Rodgers is finished with Celtic he should manage Tottenham next.

lenny

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 01, 2017, 02:14:47 AM

I can see him as manager of spurs in about 4 years time. He wants to leave a legacy at celtic first and build a team who can compete in europe. By that stage pochettino will have left for a bigger club.

tonto1888

Barring about 20 mins we didn't struggle at all. It was another 1 goal hammering. It really should have been won by 4/5.

Itchy

Quote from: lenny on January 01, 2017, 07:48:21 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 01, 2017, 02:14:47 AM

I can see him as manager of spurs in about 4 years time. He wants to leave a legacy at celtic first and build a team who can compete in europe. By that stage pochettino will have left for a bigger club.

Sure spurs are just a mid table team that win nothing, isn't that Tony's point.

Il Bomber Destro

I wouldn't agree with some on Izzy here. I felt he was immense yesterday, he absolutely destroyed Tavernier on the Rangers right. Defensively he was pretty solid, bar the goal which came from an Erik mistake, we were untroubled down our left side.

Conversely Lustig had a very tough game at right back. McKay had the beating of him all day, McKay is a very good player though and the only hub worth anything in that side.

Armstrong, Dembele and Sinclair were superb.

Comfortable win and we've a very settled looking XI. The most encouraging aspect with Rodgers so far has been the likes of fringe players like Armstrong, McGregor, Rogic etc and how they have progressed this season.