Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

We shouldn't really be getting pinned to the collar by Motherwell,a retirement home for ex Celts.I'll say it again there is very little to get excited about,with Rangers still in disarray,about domestic performances.The SPL must be the most uncompetitive league in all of Europe.

Brendan more or less said at the AGM that he can give no commitments about his future.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on December 03, 2016, 09:28:22 PM
We shouldn't really be getting pinned to the collar by Motherwell,a retirement home for ex Celts.I'll say it again there is very little to get excited about,with Rangers still in disarray,about domestic performances.The SPL must be the most uncompetitive league in all of Europe.

Brendan more or less said at the AGM that he can give no commitments about his future.

To be fair, McManus had a great game.
Team showed grit and determination today which was good to see

From the Bunker

Good article here on record League Winning margins!

Celtic Hold the record in Europe (29)!

With Europe and the League Cup done and dusted - This record is there to be broken.

Talk of Celtic strengthening in January for Europe in July there has to be an aim - this is it (along with the Cup).

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=2345759.html

under the bar

QuoteWe shouldn't really be getting pinned to the collar by Motherwell,a retirement home for ex Celts.I'll say it again there is very little to get excited about,with Rangers still in disarray,about domestic performances.The SPL must be the most uncompetitive league in all of Europe.

Thanks for pointing out we shouldn't get overly excited about winning the SPL or indeed particular matches en route.  ::) Who would have realised Celtic held a distinct advantage over other SPL teams without you pointing that out ?   ::)  Why would you care about Rodgers committing his future to Celtic given the unrelenting abuse you've dished out to him publicly since his appointment? 🙄

T Fearon

I get the situation.Celtic have no long term plan but then again what club has these days given the variables.Desmond and Lawwell have played a blinder,convincing a big name manager (who had no other options) to come in,knowing he would be able to attract medium names players like Sinclair etc,pushing up season ticket sales and placating a restless and diminishing fan base.I think Brendan Rodgers will be back in England shortly,two years maximum.

When Hearts (arguably the biggest club in Scotland after the Old Firm) lose their manager to Milton Keynes Dons,it really shows that Scottish Football has no great appeal,outside of the Old Firm,and even they are used as a stepping stone.

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on December 03, 2016, 11:55:27 PM
I get the situation.Celtic have no long term plan but then again what club has these days given the variables.Desmond and Lawwell have played a blinder,convincing a big name manager (who had no other options) to come in,knowing he would be able to attract medium names players like Sinclair etc,pushing up season ticket sales and placating a restless and diminishing fan base.I think Brendan Rodgers will be back in England shortly,two years maximum.

When Hearts (arguably the biggest club in Scotland after the Old Firm) lose their manager to Milton Keynes Dons,it really shows that Scottish Football has no great appeal,outside of the Old Firm,and even they are used as a stepping stone.

Was that supposed to be a shock to somebody? The Old Firm hasn't even had any appeal the last 5 years and still doesn't!!

uimhr ocht

Great fight back on sat 2-0 down at half time to win it 4-3,armstrong is showing up well mom on sat, toure had a shocker but hes been out of the team for awhile.O neill stayed 5yrs so i hope rodgers stays for at least 3.

T Fearon

It is hard to see the type of job Rodgers would be offered in England.I don't think he'd ever be in with a shout for any of the six champions League contenders,which means mid table mediocrity.There is of course the increased salary.But he wasn't exactly inundated with offers after leaving Liverpool

Hectic

Sure it is great to be entertained and turning a blind eye to the faults Saturday afternoon was great entertainment.

bennydorano

Quote from: Hectic on December 05, 2016, 10:48:26 AM
Sure it is great to be entertained and turning a blind eye to the faults Saturday afternoon was great entertainment.
That's about the height of it atm. Hopefully the Treble will be done & the management team and players will stay and be improved upon for a run beyond the CL group stages next season.

illdecide

Celtic have a great chance tonight to show them English yobs that we can compete and possibly get a result, Celtic will be massive underdogs but with City already qualified they may not want too much contact tonight and if Celtic can get into them early on and ruffle a few feathers we could get something from this. Celtic really need to get this monkey of their backs regarding playing away from home in the CL.

C'mon you Bhoys in green...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Quote from: illdecide on December 06, 2016, 09:50:18 AM
Celtic have a great chance tonight to show them English yobs that we can compete and possibly get a result, Celtic will be massive underdogs but with City already qualified they may not want too much contact tonight and if Celtic can get into them early on and ruffle a few feathers we could get something from this. Celtic really need to get this monkey of their backs regarding playing away from home in the CL.

C'mon you Bhoys in green...

Yeah though it is one of those ones where if we draw or even win it will be a case of ah sure it was just a glorified friendly and if we lose heavily the knives will be out - that is the press though.  Regards the mood in the squad a positive result would be very useful for taking belief into next season.

Hectic

I mean on that note I was reading the record hotline yesterday - I normally hate giving the record a click of any sort but got sucked in by the click bate headline about discontent from Celtic supporters at the performance at Murderwell - I would not be sure if they were genuine or trolling but point was that after numerous clean sheets and domestic domination they were turning the struggle to beat Murderwell into cracks starting to appear in both the team and the support.  Then again I should really know better than to pay any attention to the rags.

illdecide

Quote from: Hectic on December 06, 2016, 10:07:09 AM
I mean on that note I was reading the record hotline yesterday - I normally hate giving the record a click of any sort but got sucked in by the click bate headline about discontent from Celtic supporters at the performance at Murderwell - I would not be sure if they were genuine or trolling but point was that after numerous clean sheets and domestic domination they were turning the struggle to beat Murderwell into cracks starting to appear in both the team and the support.  Then again I should really know better than to pay any attention to the rags.

Yes Hectic you should know better than to read Sevco's paper, they will print anything to try and tarnish Celtic
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

"Rodgers is a tactical genius. He won't be hanging around for long"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJnwSevh-C4